Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 03:44 PM

114 posts, read 214,497 times

Advertisements

A message! Wouhou!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 03:50 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg323 View Post
A message! Wouhou!
Does it surprise you that a shirtless pic got a response?

Old 05-17-2013, 04:17 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,615,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
Does it surprise you that a shirtless pic got a response?
Seriously.

I could post a picture of me in a very low cut shirt and guarantee that I'd get 50 messages within the first 10 minutes. When I did the online dating thing I had a straight on full body shot of me in a black dress that didn't show any cleavage and went to just above my knees. I'm guessing about 3/4 of the messages I received said something about how I looked in that dress.

Dudes are EXTREMELY visual and super judgey which is why I keep my boobs completely under wraps.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:24 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindersslipper View Post
I'm old enough to remember when ANYONE who used computer dating was viewed as a second hand reject or a sleaze, just by being there.

LOL, so do I! And the whole thing with chat rooms.

Old 05-17-2013, 04:27 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Seriously.

I could post a picture of me in a very low cut shirt and guarantee that I'd get 50 messages within the first 10 minutes. When I did the online dating thing I had a straight on full body shot of me in a black dress that didn't show any cleavage and went to just above my knees. I'm guessing about 3/4 of the messages I received said something about how I looked in that dress.

Dudes are EXTREMELY visual and super judgey which is why I keep my boobs completely under wraps.
I wasn't implying that women were leaps and bounds more visual than men. Just that a visually appealing picture (no matter the gender of the person it) would generally get more responses. Everyone's definition of visually appealing varies obviously.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:39 PM

607 posts, read 855,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
In my experience if the only full-body pictures she shows are from that angle, that means that's the only angle at which her bust looks bigger than her waist. That was a very popular pic strategy for young women back in the Myspace days, until guys caught on.
myspace angles are still very popular

Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,918,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
myspace angles are still very popular
Maybe it's because I'm older or am dating women of a different demographic than I was back then, but I rarely see them anymore. Thank God.

Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 PM

4,187 posts, read 5,157,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Maybe it's because I'm older or am dating women of a different demographic than I was back then, but I rarely see them anymore. Thank God.
Do you still get the dreaded duckface?

Old 05-18-2013, 04:53 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,577,898 times
Default Doesn't know any better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
What do you make of women on dating sites who wear provocative clothing. Often times it is a woman with 3 kids below the age of 25. Of course, she EXPLICITLY makes it known she isn't looking for a hookup, and wants something long term and genuine.

Yet they were VERY provocative clothing in equally provocative poses.

This is mind blowing to me.

I mean, If I were looking for something long term and genuines, I would not approach a woman dressed as a prostitute.

Thoughts?
She doesn't know any better and hasn't been taught better by the women in her family. Consequently, she knows only the basics: men are attractive to sex. Her thinking is so if show them how sexy I am that is how I will get one. And it does work...it worked for her in the past. Unfortunately it works to attract the type of man (married looking for a side-action or a stud with a host of women he has made single mothers. Neither of these types plan on staying with her to raise a family) that will have her back in the same predicament nine months from now: a single mother with yet another child added to her stable to raise alone.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:16 PM

863 posts, read 1,128,677 times
I'm glad some people get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships