Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:59 PM

87 posts, read 147,354 times

Advertisements

Why does it make you defensive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 04:55 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Viking View Post
Why does it make you defensive?

Because we were not on a date yet.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:07 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,584 times
she's thinking she can google you and see if you have bizarre signs of irrational, dangerous or perhaps overly judgmental behavior online. imagine that

Old 05-19-2013, 09:25 AM

2,186 posts, read 2,921,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OdysseusNY View Post
she's thinking she can google you and see if you have bizarre signs of irrational, dangerous or perhaps overly judgmental behavior online. imagine that
Ha. I wonder if this is the same woman he's pissed off at because she asked if he's moving into a house? If so, it's pretty clear that his combined responses (or lack of responses) to all of her very basic get-to-know you questions is the reason she has stopped responding to him.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
Ha. I wonder if this is the same woman he's pissed off at because she asked if he's moving into a house? If so, it's pretty clear that his combined responses (or lack of responses) to all of her very basic get-to-know you questions is the reason she has stopped responding to him.

No the woman who asked me my last name was BLOCKED from calling me because she turned out to be crazy.

She called me on my cell phone and I didn't answer so she decided to call my home phone without my permission and that was a...................VIOLATION

Old 05-19-2013, 10:34 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
I wouldn't mind at all if a guy asked my last name, I would ask his just out of curiosity. Personally I like to know who I'm talking too that's all, if he wasnt comfortable telling me I'd think there was something wrong lol its just a question no need to make it more than it is.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elained10 View Post
I wouldn't mind at all if a guy asked my last name, I would ask his just out of curiosity. Personally I like to know who I'm talking too that's all, if he wasnt comfortable telling me I'd think there was something wrong lol its just a question no need to make it more than it is.

The 1st date is not normally scheduled after the 1st phone conversation which is why I said it was too early for her to know. I talk about 3 or 4 times and then set up a meeting face to face. Why in the world would I tell every woman I speak to for the first time from a dating service my last name?

Old 05-19-2013, 10:47 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
If this thread is indicative of anything, it is the complete paranoia of today's women. I wouldn't date a woman who persisted on a last name, or wanted to spend a good amount of time doing an Internet search of my entire history before, you know, "getting to know me," which is the whole point of dating. I don't have an arrest record, and I don't need to be researched if the woman herself can't trust her own "woman's intuition." It's attractive when a woman knows herself. Too many lifetime movies, too much news-watching?? Researching me before a date is creepy, frankly, and I won't consider a woman who chooses to do so. They may feel justified, but I will not give them another thought if that's the situation.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:49 AM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
The 1st date is not normally scheduled after the 1st phone conversation which is why I said it was too early for her to know. I talk about 3 or 4 times and then set up a meeting face to face. Why in the world would I tell every woman I speak to for the first time from a dating service my last name?
Lol oh I though you were out together!! Sorry my mistake. I will not do well at dating lol I have no clue about rules I just ask what I want to know and that's that.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:51 AM

50,376 posts, read 63,993,273 times
Well, if she still likes you after 2 hours, she's probably wondering what her married name would be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships