Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 07:42 PM

4,699 posts, read 4,049,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon22 View Post
I don't get why people frown upon this so much. I've had lots of girls tell me that I'm too tall and no one makes that out to be a big deal, but as soon as I say I don't like fat girls people act like I'm some bad guy. If girls can think I'm too tall then why can't I think some girls are too fat?
They get mad, because they feel guilt because it is their fault. It is not my fault that I am 5'8, so if someone says they won't date someone below 5'10, then that is not a big deal. I will just date someone else.

When you tell people that you won't fat women, then you remind overweight women that they are fat and people see them as unattractive and it is their fault. A lot of people don't want to be reminded of that, hence they respond with anger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 07:44 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,559,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineComedy View Post
So it's a health question?

Do you take girls on dates to get a physical?

People of all body shapes can be spoiled and unhealthy.
This is an excellent point. At my thinnest, when I received the most compliments on how I looked, I was the sickest I'd ever been in my life.

It's NEVER about health. It's simply about the way they look and that's fine...but you don't have to rub it in. If you don't want overweight women then don't date them. Simple. I've known plenty of overweight guys that demand supermodels but I just roll my eyes and move on.

Don't put a 'no fat chicks' sticker on your car and don't go around berating women for being heavy. That's just being an a-hole.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:45 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,559,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
They get mad, because they feel guilt because it is their fault. It is not my fault that I am 5'8, so if someone says they won't date someone below 5'10, then that is not a big deal. I will just date someone else.

When you tell people that you won't fat women, then you remind overweight women that they are fat and people see them as unattractive and it is their fault. A lot of people don't want to be reminded of that, hence they respond with anger.
Judging by all the threads started by shorter men, you may be an exception.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Judging by all the threads started by shorter men, you may be an exception.
Well, this is a forum. There is a lot of insecure and angry men out there.

I never have seen the problem. I just recently saw a guy that was about 5'3, and he was dating a girl that was 5 feet. If he can find a girl, then height is not my limitation.

Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 PM

8 posts, read 15,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post

Maybe it's because the way you talk about them. "Fat" is an insult these days and it will be met with anger. Instead of fat, try saying "heavier" or "thick".

Old 05-13-2013, 07:56 PM

37,477 posts, read 45,720,024 times
Quote:
I don't get why people frown upon this so much. I've had lots of girls tell me that I'm too tall and no one makes that out to be a big deal, but as soon as I say I don't like fat girls people act like I'm some bad guy. If girls can think I'm too tall then why can't I think some girls are too fat?
Um, you can. Who's stopping you?

Old 05-13-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseBundles View Post
Maybe it's because the way you talk about them. "Fat" is an insult these days and it will be met with anger. Instead of fat, try saying "heavier" or "thick".
I don't call people fat ever. I don't say they are heavier or thick either. I don't like to make my friends feel bad. If I talk about my preferences, then I say I like to date skinny girls.

However on the internet I can be pretty blunt.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:03 PM

39,004 posts, read 27,392,311 times
Quote:
well, janitors are now custodial engineers even though no engineering degree is required; criminals are now the behaviorally challenged; illegal aliens have become undocumented immigrants; and the word ugly is now visually challenging.

as long as you call them "big boned", you should be okay. Don't worry about it.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:05 PM

607 posts, read 854,291 times
The chances that a fat person is unhealthy is FAAAAR greater than the chances a skinny person is unhealthy.

Fat isn't curvy, sexy, or anything of the sort.

I don't like being told Im not a "real man" because I don't like curves. Or that since my mother is thin she isn't a "real woman." Its sickening.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:09 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,889,679 times
Instead of "disliking fat girls" why wouldn't you just concentrate on "liking" your preference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships