Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicant310 View Post
Lol you're so sure of that. Good probability but not guaranteed.

It has been today for a few hours in Australia so I think the sun will actually rise here as well unless of course the entire planet self destructs in the next 3.5 hours give or take a few minutes either way.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM

5,210 posts, read 4,670,759 times
Quote:
And so long as this holds true, i dont believe anyone can or should trust anyone 100%. I mean even when you feel you can, you really shouldnt. its not right. it imposes a certain expectation unto another human being that he/she can never possibly meet.

we're always changing, growing,experiencing. its not like we wake up one day and figured it all out. I think this makes this whole concept of marriage unrealistic.

I was talking to a friend about a week ago...44..got married at 39 with a girl he dated for almost 5 years..he told her he wasnt interested in having kids before they even got married. She agreed. now she flips the script and has the nerve to call him selfish? in some sense, i can understand the human component to this. Clearly she changed her mind. But thats exactly my point. we're all subjected to this risk should we assume to take it. it doesnt make sense to me that any of us should position ourselves to disapointment so long at there is that risk. not legally on paper. not when it can impact your life, your finances, everything. why complicate ourselves? guys fn flakes too. ive heard all the stories. smh...
The biggest imperfection I see with humans is this notion that what applies to me, applies to every single person in the world. I don't think marriage is for me either but I'm not going to knock the entire institution because of it. There are definitely people in the world who can a make marriage work.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:37 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Never believe someone when they say they definitely don't want kids ever. It's instinctual for most of us, like the desire that drives us towards the opposite sex. I don't know this from experience but from intuition.

Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 AM

43 posts, read 92,118 times
She didn't change her mind, she thought she would change his! I don't have kids, I like them but, I never wanted my own. To me this is a dealbreaker, if he's really against it. Children are too important to be used as bargining chips!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:19 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times
Men often don't want children when they are younger, but then find that as their hormonal systems mature they develop a strong 'biological clock' drive to have kids of their own. Sometimes this happens to women, too.

It's not predictable who it will happen to and when. Your friend is not very intelligent.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
And so long as this holds true, i dont believe anyone can or should trust anyone 100%. I mean even when you feel you can, you really shouldnt. its not right. it imposes a certain expectation unto another human being that he/she can never possibly meet.

we're always changing, growing,experiencing. its not like we wake up one day and figured it all out. I think this makes this whole concept of marriage unrealistic.

I was talking to a friend about a week ago...44..got married at 39 with a girl he dated for almost 5 years..he told her he wasnt interested in having kids before they even got married. She agreed. now she flips the script and has the nerve to call him selfish? in some sense, i can understand the human component to this. Clearly she changed her mind. But thats exactly my point. we're all subjected to this risk should we assume to take it. it doesnt make sense to me that any of us should position ourselves to disapointment so long at there is that risk. not legally on paper. not when it can impact your life, your finances, everything. why complicate ourselves? guys fn flakes too. ive heard all the stories. smh...
Okay.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:45 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,346,533 times
Quote:
Lol you're so sure of that. Good probability but not guaranteed.
That's true as well.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
So, what I'm getting from this thread is that I shouldn't trust the sun.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:48 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,451,329 times
i waited until i was ready for marriage with a person who had life experience enough to understand who she was. worked out great. you cant just fall into it and cross you fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
So, what I'm getting from this thread is that I shouldn't trust the sun.
them solar flares are just waiting for you to turn your back

Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM

362 posts, read 559,990 times
Yes, people aren't perfect, and neither am I. But I know I am good.... well, pretty good.

I would hate to think that my SO should not trust me just because I am imperfect and have the potential to disappoint them. Life has enough challenges without adding "what if"s to the equation.

People have the right to change their mind. No one can interfere with that, for good reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships