Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:25 PM

102 posts, read 153,506 times

Advertisements

A girl rejected my original interest. She then hooked up with another guy and totally blew me off for months. But things didn't work out. He did something, not sure what, that she didn't like. I think it was another girl as he has a reputation for this.

Anyway she has come back telling me this and wanting to know if I still have feelings for her? She actually asked me this?

She was polite but pretty callus and inconsiderate the way she initially rejected me. She literally ran away from me and then her and the other guy joked about me liking her in front of me.

Should I give her another chance or tell her it was a limited time offer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2013, 12:28 PM

164 posts, read 357,152 times
I'm all for giving people second chances, but when she literally ran away from you and joked about how you liked her with the other guy? Ummm, NEXT.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:09 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,118,838 times
I wouldn't give her another chance.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:10 PM

5,258 posts, read 9,150,200 times
Tell her how much of a jerk she was and then do the same to her- give her the cold shoulder and be callous back to her.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:16 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times
Oh no man, She is looking for a backup boyfriend. Tell her to find someone else. She must have nerves of steel presenting this. Seriously, Don't get involved, She just wants to fill a void with what she feels is a sure bet and clearly does not care about you.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:24 PM

13,669 posts, read 9,746,929 times
Why not literally confront her with the question of whether she is aiming for a "backup boyfriend"? Don't be insulting to her personally, but don't hesitate to use crude sexual colloquialisms to emphasize the awkwardness of the situation and the abrasiveness of her earlier behavior. Explain that you felt jilted and used. If she is forthright in apologizing, then maybe it's worth forgiving her.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:26 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,482,641 times
I'd tell her that given the way she rejected you the first time, there won't be a second chance. That instance revealed her character, and if it were me, I'd not want anything to do with her.

936 posts, read 2,063,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post
A girl rejected my original interest. She then hooked up with another guy and totally blew me off for months. But things didn't work out. He did something, not sure what, that she didn't like. I think it was another girl as he has a reputation for this.

Anyway she has come back telling me this and wanting to know if I still have feelings for her? She actually asked me this?

She was polite but pretty callus and inconsiderate the way she initially rejected me. She literally ran away from me and then her and the other guy joked about me liking her in front of me.

I find laughter to be the best response to such questions. Followed by walking away/a dial tone.

13,511 posts, read 19,303,939 times
A limited time offer.....

Old 05-13-2013, 01:58 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,251,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob the brave View Post

No way would I give her another chance. Don't respond to her with "it was a limited time offer". Just tell her after the way she treated you, you no longer feel the same about her and that you've moved on. Sounds like she sees you as you are her fall-back guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships