Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: would you?
yes 12 32.43%
no 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2012, 03:56 PM

63 posts, read 51,232 times

Advertisements

I'm curious to see the results contrasted with the ED question.

(before the jokes fly in, I'm not getting laid enough to contract any STD's. Fortunately/unfortunately, this thread is not applicable to alabama tom).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2012, 04:51 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,634,203 times
Incurable...do you mean HIV? Then yes, I would, without fear. The stigma HIV+ people face is ridiculous and there is no need for it in 2012. You can protect against infection with condoms, and if the person is taking ARVs there is virtually zero chance of transmission. If you are negative and in a committed relationship with a positive person, you can even take low doses of ARV to further protect yourself.

People with HIV have every right to experience sex, love and commitment and even have children. Let's fight the ignorance.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:30 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,523,863 times
"Topics guys should never ask about on CD for $2000 Alex."

Old 04-24-2012, 05:51 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Incurable...do you mean HIV? Then yes, I would, without fear. The stigma HIV+ people face is ridiculous and there is no need for it in 2012. You can protect against infection with condoms, and if the person is taking ARVs there is virtually zero chance of transmission. If you are negative and in a committed relationship with a positive person, you can even take low doses of ARV to further protect yourself.

People with HIV have every right to experience sex, love and commitment and even have children. Let's fight the ignorance.
O.M.G. - PC taken to new heights - let's get real. And people want to use "raincoats" for their sex life, which aren't foolproof, or take some anti-viral they have no need for, which I'm sure costs a fortune? Some of the thread topics on here are nothing less than daunting.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:52 PM

14,727 posts, read 33,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
"Topics guys should never ask about on CD for $2000 Alex."
As far as I'm concerned, you have won Jeopardy!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:33 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,785,413 times
Yes,I would. Herpes,hiv,hepatitis c won't stand in the way of me finding my true love.
Besides,we all have some baggage. Theirs just happens to be a disease.

I would like it though if men would tell me up front,so I know what I'm dealing with.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 PM
miu

17,764 posts, read 40,062,045 times
If you are talking about herpes, then honestly I would not be interested in marrying a man with herpes when I don't have it. The same goes for hepatitis C or HIV/AIDS.

I consider marriage to be a commitment for the rest of my life, many decades of being true to one man. Yes, if I were dating someone I would use condoms and practice safe sex. However, once the relationship has turned into a long term monogamous situation and then marriage, then condoms are not for me in the bedroom. And I have no desire to take low doses of ARV or have to be careful of intimacies with my partner for the rest of our lives.

I would rather be by myself than to be married to a man with these sorts of medical issues. It's my life and that's the way it is. And everyone is entitled to make up their own minds about this issue and without any harsh judgements from others.

Sure those with incurable STD's deserve love in their lives. But they can find love with others that have the same disease as themselves. I'm sure that many of them who are in support groups end up finding someone to date and marry with their same medical issue. Problem solved.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:17 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,137,989 times
If I didn't know a guy and found out before we got close, I would pass. If my dh happened to pick up HIV in the lab I would obviously deal with it. We had a scare last year and it aged me a few years.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 PM

230 posts, read 314,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Besides,we all have some baggage. Theirs just happens to be a disease.
Sure, it's just an incurable disease that can be passed on to your partner. No big deal. Please! I don't understand why someone would willingly get involved with someone they hardly know and has an incurable STD. The "we all have baggage or flaws" claim is bogus. Someone else's disease shouldn't be my problem.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:21 PM

19,045 posts, read 25,137,989 times
Then there's the idea of children. The couple wouldn't be able to have their own children, but they might be able to adopt. Although, there would probably be limitations there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships