Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2013, 10:42 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,042,747 times

Advertisements

It happens if you are decent looking. One time I was walking in NYC, and these two gay guys behind me were making rude sexual comments about my ass. Another time when I was sitting on a park bench, this guy stopped jogging, sat down, and tried to hit on me. There were some others, but it doesn't happen that often.

Unless you want to start eating cupcakes for your meals and pour acid on your face, then it's a part of life.

And technically, they are not hitting on you. It's just some guys on the train who are staring. They could also be staring at nothing, and you just think highly of yourself, and assume they are looking at you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 10:51 AM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,901,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
It happens if you are decent looking. One time I was walking in NYC, and these two gay guys behind me were making rude sexual comments about my ass. Another time when I was sitting on a park bench, this guy stopped jogging, sat down, and tried to hit on me. There were some others, but it doesn't happen that often.

Unless you want to start eating cupcakes for your meals and pour acid on your face, then it's a part of life.

And technically, they are not hitting on you. It's just some guys on the train who are staring. They could also be staring at nothing, and you just think highly of yourself, and assume they are looking at you.

So what did you when the gay man sat next on the bench?

Old 06-03-2013, 06:32 PM

221 posts, read 378,934 times
Default You're attracting unwanted attention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycruben87 View Post
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks

Your post is funny coming from a guy. This is how I felt as a younger woman. I became a man hater for a while. I felt trapped. I suggest you move somewhere else. I know it feels gross. I'm latina too. I married a chubby guy with glasses who is not oversexed and respectful of women.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:03 PM

664 posts, read 1,033,934 times
Quote:
Hi there, I'm a 26 year old Latino guy from New York City and I'm constantly getting hit on by gay men> This happens mostly on public transportation (subways and buses) and its getting annoying, not to mention I get offended by it because I'm totally straight and I have no interest in men at all. Any advice on what to do to prevent this? Or maybe its something on the way I dress that's giving off a false vibe to those people? I really don't know why this keeps happening to me but its getting annoying and one of these days I'm gonna end up cursing one of those guys out in front of everyone. That's how annoying this is starting to become.

Oh and please if ya gonna comment this, don't give me no stupid/dumb or irrelevant comments, if you're the one to comment BS I would prefer you keep your comments to yourself. Thanks

Old 06-05-2013, 09:39 AM

9,001 posts, read 10,155,471 times

Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,381,739 times
Quote:

Unfortunately you live in a gay Mecca these things happen. If you make eye contact just give a look of disgust I'm sure they'll get the hint.

Old 06-06-2013, 10:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,381,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
He doesn't look gay per se but he has that gay smile thing going on. Stop cheesing so hard.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:17 PM

2,802 posts, read 3,180,024 times
Quote:

Old 06-09-2013, 08:31 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,197,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
No it means he is bi-curious if he is flattered. No straight man should be flattered from getting hit on from gay men.
OMG im a woman and NOT a lesbian. But..if chick hit on me id be flattered..as long as she wasnt a brute. (Those types make me want to pull out a blade or something). It's simply the fact that a person found me attractive, even though im not into them. It's kinda like an ugly guy thinking im goodlooking. I dont like him, but im still flattered. Get it? So..i dont like women like that, but i can be flattered if a NON butch one found me attractive. The butch ones just creep me out..sorry.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:33 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,793,537 times
This thread has degraded into common debauchery...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships