Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:28 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,817,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
You should look for a asexual guy. There are internet communities for asexual people.
That's dumb and off the wall...If the woman is beautiful and wonderful to be around..that should be enough...If the guy really loves her- marry her....and then have sex...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default I respect his decision

Speaking as a man who considers lovemaking an integral part of a relationship with a woman, I respect his decision to walk away. There is nothing greater than witnessing a beautiful woman in all her naked glory, quivering with pleasure because of the sex she's having with the man she feels close to. Typically, it is an experience that a couple wants to share, repeatedly, as one of the defining aspects of their relationship. It's the ultimate act of intimacy.

You're entitled to live the way you choose, but I don't blame him for walking away. There are far too many women who don't feel this way, and it's his prerogative to find one who he's more compatible with.

There is nothing wrong with who you choose to be. You just need to find someone better suited for you.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:37 PM

9 posts, read 10,908 times
i just wanted to let him know why no sex and at first he understood and he said it is okay. I just told him I did not feel comfortable at this point and to be honest I did not know when i would be okay with it so i didnt give him a specific answers like 'okay after three months', nobody knows how you will be the next day the next week or next year. Also I didn't trust him fully and i believe it takes time to build trust with someone, he caused somethings that made me doubt him, also especially with someone that you like a lot i tend to be more careful because the more i like the person the more hurt i will be in the end. I wanted to take my time and make the right choice not rush into things

Old 05-14-2013, 08:39 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,687,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG!! LOL.

"(Penny Lane) changed everything. She was the one that said 'No more sex. No more exploiting our bodies and hearts. Just bl*w-j*bs, and that's it!'" - Almost Famous
thats my movie!

Old 05-14-2013, 08:44 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I tend to agree, but that's the reality in many countries.
Um, you just said it, by stating her "value in the dating market" would decrease.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:54 PM

516 posts, read 1,616,747 times
Guys need sex. There's no way I'd get involved in a relationship with a woman who says that it may not happen. You should think about your stance toward sex because I fear that you will have a difficult time finding a partner. I'm not saying you need to jump in the sack with a guy by the third date or even the fifteenth but at some point most normal relationships involve sexual intimacy. Sorry, but that's reality.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:07 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
what a conversation
Yeh. It was fun while it lasted lol.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:18 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,072,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Um, you just said it, by stating her "value in the dating market" would decrease.
When I said I agree I was talking about my personal opinion. I don't believe non-virgin girls are unpure. The only reason I want to wait is because I like the idea of being each other first, and I believe it makes a stronger relationship.

But many other people in her culture do think non-virgins are unpure. Hence losing her virginity will negatively impact her dating possibilities.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:27 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
i just wanted to let him know why no sex and at first he understood and he said it is okay. I just told him I did not feel comfortable at this point and to be honest I did not know when i would be okay with it so i didnt give him a specific answers like 'okay after three months', nobody knows how you will be the next day the next week or next year. Also I didn't trust him fully and i believe it takes time to build trust with someone, he caused somethings that made me doubt him, also especially with someone that you like a lot i tend to be more careful because the more i like the person the more hurt i will be in the end. I wanted to take my time and make the right choice not rush into things
I think this is perfectly reasonable, and that the people who say you are wrong misunderstood you.

But I agree with those who say you need to work on HOW you say it. Be sure you are telling him exactly what you mean, and not giving him the wrong idea.

Just say like you did here, that for you sex requires deep trust, because you get very emotionally attached, and that trust takes some time to develop. And that you do want to have sex with him, you just need the other stuff to come first.

A good guy will be happy to hear this, because it tells him that you want to build deep trust and deep connection with him, that he is special to you.

But if you just say 'No sex, and I don't know when, maybe never,' that will make him think things that are not true. It will make him think you don't want to move in the direction of having sex with him, or finding out if you want to.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
@Camlon: She is not a virgin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships