Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,212,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Anytime you see a Obese and unattractive women on a dating site making demands, you know they are getting messages too which is sad and...........................NASTY
Why is that sad or nasty? Should she not have any standards?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 04:40 PM

13,644 posts, read 9,698,765 times
People are herd animals, and they especially become herd animals when dating. This is why online profiles mostly look alike.

Despite its disadvantages, online dating remains appealing because theoretically it's a good idea. Theoretically it's a convenient and succinct way to advertise oneself and to search for potential makes with like-qualities. That's especially true for people with niche interests or values; for example, the devoutly religious, or on the opposite extreme, avowed atheists. If a man wants to marry a child-free atheist woman, but is less concerned about her hobbies or appearance or station in life, then at least superficially online dating is very appealing.

And as for dating at work - well, maybe a promising idea for younger people or those in entry-level positions. But the further along one's career one gets, the riskier becomes dating in the workplace. And then there's the question of availability. Imagine sitting in meetings with 30 other men - and I mean, exclusively men - where 25 of them are already grandfathers. What does one say? "Hey, Bob, I heard that your sister's husband passed away a couple of years ago. Is she dating again?"

Old 05-15-2013, 05:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,642,088 times
Because most people are the same. George Bernard Shaw said it best, "Love consists of over-estimating the differences between one woman and another."

Old 05-15-2013, 05:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Why is that sad or nasty? Should she not have any standards?

It's nasty that men are sending messages to a woman who looks like that

Old 05-15-2013, 06:22 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Men:
-I know how to treat a woman right!

Do people just not know how to be different, or is everyone actually the same?
I wish men knew how to treat their women right. Nothing wrong with it.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:30 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,617,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I wish men knew how to treat their women right. Nothing wrong with it.
I went out on a first date with a guy who very loudly proclaimed he was a 'nice guy who knew how to treat women right' and it was an absolute disaster. We went for an early dinner and he ordered my food for me without actually asking what I wanted (a salad...how sweet.) and then proceeded to put his hand on my knee over and over again even after I kept swatting at it. The conversation centered around how awesome he was and how he 'wasn't like all the other guys'. That much was true We split the bill and I got outta there as quickly as possible. He never contacted me again.

It was such a weird date.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,311,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger55 View Post
Do people just not know how to be different, or is everyone actually the same?
Might have something to do with the fact that most profiles are forms to be filled out. That tends to stifle creativity.

It could also have something to do with the criteria that you are searching and the profiles that you choose to click on.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:34 PM

2,590 posts, read 4,529,674 times
OP, you forgot "I LOVE to travel." followed by her pictures in front of the Eifel Tower, Taj Mahal, Great Wall of China, Machu Pichu, Great Pyramids, etc....

Old 05-15-2013, 06:35 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I went out on a first date with a guy who very loudly proclaimed he was a 'nice guy who knew how to treat women right' and it was an absolute disaster. We went for an early dinner and he ordered my food for me without actually asking what I wanted (a salad...how sweet.) and then proceeded to put his hand on my knee over and over again even after I kept swatting at it. The conversation centered around how awesome he was and how he 'wasn't like all the other guys'. That much was true We split the bill and I got outta there as quickly as possible. He never contacted me again.

It was such a weird date.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:26 PM

2,948 posts, read 7,017,802 times
Don't forget a the Guy profiles also include:

-I'm an open book, ask me anything!
-Please don't send me a message if you're fat!

The one thing that sticks out to me, though... are age brackets. A 34 yr old male is seeking a 21-33 female. What? Too good to date your own age???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships