Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:24 PM

1,090 posts, read 1,833,644 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 05:29 PM

Situations constantly change. I see it as "we are getting past a lot of issues that may pop up later, AT the beginning"

Anyone who suggests divorce at the onset before communication patience and counseling/ therapy or at least some serious communication/introspection - is jumping the gun.

Lilac one word for u - boomerang.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:43 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,194,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydney1987 View Post
Situations constantly change. I see it as "we are getting past a lot of issues that may pop up later, AT the beginning"

Anyone who suggests divorce at the onset before communication patience and counseling/ therapy or at least some serious communication/introspection - is jumping the gun.

Lilac one word for u - boomerang.

Sweetheart, you should have had communication and patience before you got married. That is the whole point to everyone's responses here. You got married for all the wrong reasons, you said yourself you wanted to get out of it, and you spent some time last night pizzing, moaning, and whining like a petulant little child because you don't FEEL anything and you're BOOOOOOORED. Let me guess: He's rich? You want half of what he's worth?

Oh, please. As others have said, your poor husband deserves a MUCH better woman. Judging by your insipid puling on this thread, I'd say you have the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old, and if your husband has half a brain, he'll kick you to the curb by year's end.

Have a nice day, Boo.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Sweetheart, you should have had communication and patience before you got married. That is the whole point to everyone's responses here. You got married for all the wrong reasons, you said yourself you wanted to get out of it, and you spent some time last night pizzing, moaning, and whining like a petulant little child because you don't FEEL anything and you're BOOOOOOORED. Let me guess: He's rich? You want half of what he's worth?

Oh, please. As others have said, your poor husband deserves a MUCH better woman. Judging by your insipid puling on this thread, I'd say you have the emotional maturity of a 16-year-old, and if your husband has half a brain, he'll kick you to the curb by year's end.

Have a nice day, Boo.
Thank you, I WILL.

Don't judge, lady. You don't know me. And I don't know you. I hope that you have gained something from bashing a random person on the internet.

I hope for your sake, that karma doesn't ...

Last edited by sydney1987; 05-16-2013 at 07:22 PM..

Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM

If there's anything I have learned from all of this (regarding myself and my husband and others), it is this - Never judge a person completely based on a single snapshot in time.

So, I was having a night of doubts and I have cold feet. In my relationship, we may not be in agreement or connected regarding some things at THIS moment. But life is a consistently evolving process. People can choose to either 1) grow together or 2) grow apart. I am choosing option 1 and going to communicate to my partner, while also learning more of my own internal ideals. I am going to be just fine. But thanks for the input everyone. I just needed a place to vent my thoughts and thanks for reading & got some perspectives along the way.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:19 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,101,719 times
Quote:
Is it bad if I don't miss my husband after only two months of marriage, when I'm away for more than 10 days?

I feel like the same person I was before the marriage, like if I could go back in time - things haven't really changed that much... I have changed in a lot of ways, yes. But could I live without him? Also, yes.

I'm so... not attached. Meh.

I want him to be this amazing person who I deeply value and appreciate and connect with on a lot of levels, but I don't know how deep our connection goes.

We have fun. Yes. But he doesn't really get me, emotionally or spiritually speaking. It all feels so on the surface.

Anybody else felt this way? Like you're in a secure (very secure) relationship but it doesn't really feel so deep or soulfully connected.

I want more.
No, I didn't feel this way. I wasn't married but in a LTR. It felt deep and soulful to me, and I thought I was secure in the fact that he loved me. It wasn't "surface deep" to me.

Why did you marry him?

Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,445,955 times
Quote:
Anybody else felt this way? Like you're in a secure (very secure) relationship but it doesn't really feel so deep or soulfully connected.
no, and if i did there would be no relationship to speak of outside a friendship

Old 05-16-2013, 08:17 PM

what is the meaning of deep or soulfully connected ?

I'm not sure I know what that means, to be able to gauge. Maybe I AM connected, but I am just always fixated on "something more". Like this constant unnecessary dissatisfaction, when things are actually good.

Or at least, a good start. The raw materials are there. It's up to the couple to shape things into what they want (or sadly, don't want) .

Old 05-16-2013, 08:28 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,993,938 times
Quote:

Western society is so quick to jump to "divorce". I think every marriage has a chance/possibility of blossoming into a beautiful relationship for years to come.

However, most marriages start with something beautiful (love, fyi) and it appears that yours did not.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:29 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,640,523 times
You have that unhappily married people disease where they complain about how horrible their marriage/spouse is but never fix it or leave. You can state any excuse in the book as to why you're in this situation but people will have little sympathy for you after hearing it several times.

And there is nothing wrong with marriage. There is something wrong with your marriage though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships