Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:35 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,451,329 times

Advertisements

eating nothing but take out or frozen prepackaged foods and calling it a meal.
my wife was a city girl and i am a country boy so it was a pretty big reality check when we where getting to know one another and EVERYTHING in her fridge was in a box and the fresh she did have was rotten in the crisper.

i refused to eat at her place, i just couldn't do it...

thankfully ive taught her a thing or two in 11 years
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 07:01 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Here is something you guys will prolly think is strange...

I think it is rude when people don't offer their food to others in restaurants.

I may rarely take you up on it, but I guess I find it weird if you don't say, "This stuff is delish...would you like to try it?"

May be how I was raised.
Yes I think it is strange and absolutely digusting.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:28 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
There are two things which get to me. The first is chewing with your mouth open. It's disgusting, it's rude. How can adults not know how to chew with their mouth closed? I'm surprised at how often I see people do it.

Next one is kinda quirky. I just can't stand the sound of people eating. If there is background sound that drowns most of it out, I'm ok. But if it's quiet in a room full of people eating, I'll have to leave. It'll make me I'll otherwise.

Old 05-17-2013, 07:34 AM

36,531 posts, read 30,856,131 times
What people eat dosent bother me but.
When food gets stuck in facial hair.

When people pick their food apart. I could not eat fried chicken around my sister with her little piles of skin, veins and stuff. Just eat it.

Smelling every bite before you put it in your mouth. My nephew does this. When he was a kid he once stuck the tip of a ketchup bottle up his nose trying to smell it. Very embarrasing.

Eating pizza with a fork.

Mixing all your food together. My ex bf did this.

Please dont fart at the table.

I feed my dogs from the table on occasion. I also kiss them on the mouth, but they dont stink of garlic.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:29 AM

4,098 posts, read 7,106,829 times
Default Eating habits that turn you off

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbacchus View Post
Do eating habits and food choices influence how you feel about a man or woman?

I'm mostly vegetarian who prefers to date vegetarians. I'm grossed out by most meats. However, I think I would be uncomfortable dating a vegan, also. The vegetarian lifestyle is the happy middle.

What I'm most uncomfortable with...is girls who eat like birds, and they look like birds. For several reasons I find it disturbing when skinny women eat super super healthy.
I think you just have some problems with your thinking process. There is nothing wrong with women eating healthy, and if you think otherwise, you need help. I'm turned off my bad table manners, and people eating, or talking with their mouths full. I don't enjoy dining with a picky eater, or anyone who picks through their food and sets part of it aside because it is something they don't like. I like to cook and have guests at my home often, but if you are a vegetarian, you wouldn't be welcome here. I have this to say about eating vegetarian: If God didn't want us to eat animals he wouldn't have made them out of meat! To answer your first question: "Do eating habits and food choices influence how you feel about a man or woman". I would have to say yes, I don't care to be around someone who I think is stupid.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:36 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,234,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

When people pick their food apart. I could not eat fried chicken around my sister with her little piles of skin, veins and stuff. Just eat it.

Smelling every bite before you put it in your mouth. My nephew does this. When he was a kid he once stuck the tip of a ketchup bottle up his nose trying to smell it. Very embarrasing.

I feed my dogs from the table on occasion. I also kiss them on the mouth, but they dont stink of garlic.
If you go to Italy, do NOT pick up your pizza with your hands. I was 6 years old the first time I went to Italy and had no clue that I was supposed to use the knife and fork that they set on the table. My dad discreetly whispered, "Put that down NOW." LOL Though some pizza, like from Uno's, you have to eat with utensils since it's stuffed.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:49 AM

52,251 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post

Feeding your dogs from the table is fine for you, it sucks to go to someones house and their dogs stare at you clinging to your every move while you eat is down right annoying as hell.

My dad feeds his dog at the table and last time I was there his dog was glued to my leg staring at me every second.....

Annoying as hell

Old 05-17-2013, 08:59 AM

1,428 posts, read 1,406,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
mashed potatoes eaten with fingers??? that is funny!! sounds like something i'd do on a dare when younger..
why would he order mashed potatoes?? what if he had soup?

i would have just cracked up the first time i see anyone scooping up mashed potatoes with fingers

what a perfect "out" for a guy !! ive never thought of it..

He didn't scoop it; he picked it up like it was popcorn and put it in his mouth. It was awful. Mashed potatoes on his hands, around his mouth and on his shirt. I can laugh about it now, but then, nope.
Ha! I never thought about it being an out. Maybe he wasn't enjoying the date and decided to act a fool. Well it worked!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:01 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
I have the right to demand whatever i want, and the other person has the right to say "f**k off, i ll eat all the garlic i want". But they havent.

ps: just remember i ate that bread painted with garlic when i lived in USA and....omg....DELICIOUS
You mean garlic bread? Lol, that's cute, I love how foreigners sometimes phrase things!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:02 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
If you go to Italy, do NOT pick up your pizza with your hands. I was 6 years old the first time I went to Italy and had no clue that I was supposed to use the knife and fork that they set on the table. My dad discreetly whispered, "Put that down NOW." LOL Though some pizza, like from Uno's, you have to eat with utensils since it's stuffed.
I'd politely give them the finger. Only pansies eat their pizza with a knife and fork. Lol, just joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships