Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2013, 12:14 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times

Advertisements

Sure tell women you're a doctor and see how many gold diggers you get.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 12:30 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
So if you are short, Asian, BUT not the life of the party, can you still date?
Of the three things mentioned, there is only one you can change. Actually you can change your height, but I don't think it medically recommended. So, stop not being the life of the party. You don't have to be the center of attention, just stop blending in with the paint on the walls. If people begin to find you interesting, then someone will be willing to date you to find out more about you.

Old 07-31-2013, 02:12 PM

647 posts, read 1,216,398 times
Do you mind revealing what's your height?

I know many girlfriends who would date you if you are a nice guy with a sense of humor.

Last edited by sadgirl80; 07-31-2013 at 02:27 PM..

Old 07-31-2013, 02:58 PM

17,633 posts, read 22,626,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Same here. I'd prefer not to date anyone in the medical profession, just a preference.
When we were 3 or 4 my cousin dee dee & I played doctor, nurse under the front porch...... hahaha

Old 07-31-2013, 03:02 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
And on and on it goes.

OP, do you actually get something out of these endless posts about how undateable you are?

Is it reassurance? Or just entertainment?

Either way, the constant bemoaning of your romantic failures wears a bit thin, especially when you don't seem inclined to actually do anything about it except post on CD.

No one likes a whinger.

Perhaps if you stopped looking in the mirror and started taking a genuine interest in other people, you would get a date.

Someone you help move might have a short, kind of unattractive sister.

Someone you go to gym with might have a single friend she can introduce you to.

That's how normal people go about it. They live their lives and let nature take its course.

It may not be a matter of "finding" the right girl. It may be simply a matter of "right place, right time".

If you don't leave the loungeroom, you're just not in the game.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 PM

355 posts, read 388,924 times
no matter what anyone says, there are only a few(like 5 at most) million(out of 7 billion) at most people who cannot get a date no matter what

that leaves you with a 99.9% chance of being dateable(this may mean making some major changes that you can and just haven't made)

if you cannot attract the opposite sex, it is your fault without a doubt

add in maybe .4 of the 99.9 who'll need expensive surgery, that means 99.5% dateable .4% need thousands of dollars, and there's no hope for the last .1

even the woman who weighs 1000 pounds can get a date she just needs to lose 850 pounds, which is possible.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:04 PM

296 posts, read 571,508 times
Understandably, most of you are sick of my constant posting. I don't blame you. If I were in your position I'd be telling me to shut up as well. But imagine if you were in my shoes. The constant stress at work, the failures in my personal life, living in an increasingly superficial society that tells me my height and ethnicity are a handicap to finding love. What would you do in my situation? Wouldn't you vent sometimes as well?

Old 07-31-2013, 11:12 PM

296 posts, read 571,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadgirl80 View Post
Do you mind revealing what's your height?

I know many girlfriends who would date you if you are a nice guy with a sense of humor.
I'm somewhere between 5'3 and 5'4.

Old 08-01-2013, 12:43 AM

6,319 posts, read 7,238,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortDoctor View Post
Understandably, most of you are sick of my constant posting. I don't blame you. If I were in your position I'd be telling me to shut up as well. But imagine if you were in my shoes. The constant stress at work, the failures in my personal life, living in an increasingly superficial society that tells me my height and ethnicity are a handicap to finding love. What would you do in my situation? Wouldn't you vent sometimes as well?
I can't imagine constant stress at work, failures in my personal life.........are you kidding?

Sounds like LIFE to me.

The increasingly superficial society tells me I'm too damn old to be any good, and the wrong sex (female) and I shouldn't be a single mother or overweight or have b(tchy resting face or pms or even complain when I painfully lose half my blood supply once a month, just smile through it.

I should be invisible because I'm only a woman and an old one at that, society tells me to shut up and sit down.

Do I come posting and whingeing about it, even though I've had many, many more decades suffering it?

No...I come on CD to laugh at you and others like you who feel so bloody entitled, because at least I still have my sense of humour.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:29 AM

78 posts, read 229,606 times
have you considered the idea of getting a woman from say China or another country in Asia? A lot of the women in poorer countries would be happy to date you, regardless of the fact that you are short (only by american standards), especially since you are a U.S. based doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships