Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2013, 06:10 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,963,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Funny story, but....couldn't you have just left after the guy you didn't like started showing off? Wasn't the writing kind of on the wall at that point? Rednecks? No red flag for you there? I'd have expected the guy I was with at that point to say, "this doesn't look good, let's go somewhere else."
I bet the whole thing started with the worst four words that could be spoken in such a setting: "Hey guys! Watch this!!"

Seriously, when I hear myself say that, I take a long moment to contemplate exactly what I'm about to do!

--Dim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,079,627 times
Quote:
Funny story, but....couldn't you have just left after the guy you didn't like started showing off? Wasn't the writing kind of on the wall at that point? Rednecks? No red flag for you there? I'd have expected the guy I was with at that point to say, "this doesn't look good, let's go somewhere else."
Oh yes ma'am..I was free to just laugh and walk away but 2 things made it almost impossible for me to do..the first is this
culture of honor - Google Search and the second thing that stopped me was the very sad fact that I TRULY believed that I could flip that lure into that beer can ...I had already figured this was a one night only deal anyway because when I picked her up she got a bit of mud on her pants leg trying to climb up into my truck and complained about it all the way to the party.

Btw. A poster on this site dm'ed me after 5 pages of arguing with her and clued me in to that Culture of Honor thing..at first I thought she was gouging me until I studied it a bit and started seeing parallels and explanations as to why I did some of the things I did in the past...I now use it kinda like a "race card"
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dimwit View Post
I bet the whole thing started with the worst four words that could be spoken in such a setting: "Hey guys! Watch this!!"

Seriously, when I hear myself say that, I take a long moment to contemplate exactly what I'm about to do!

--Dim
"hey watch this "or "you ain't gonna believe this chit" have killed,maimed and gotten more redneck butts kicked than all of the wars in history combined...ill look for a link as proof of that for ya j/k

Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
The funniest one I had was a man who misread my profile when I was doing match. He thought I was 9 years younger than I am. He liked the pictures enough and liked me in person enough and said something to me in conversation (I think about cartoons we watched growing up) and that clued him in. When he said he thought I was younger, I told him, "no, look at my profile again." He did on his phone and then told me I was "too old."

LOL. There was no second date (I don't think either of us were interested in each other after that). The irony was, in reality, he was about 4 years older than me. So he thought he was out on a date with someone 13-years his junior.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:08 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,797,076 times
Quote:
Ruth, I think muleskinner is trying to say that he is a redneck. Great story mule--ya made my day. Now I can get off and get to work. And I learned something from the culture of honor article, which will come in very handy b/c I'm moving to the south in a month or two.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:15 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
LOL... I just went back and read muleskinner's story. Yeah, that is classic funny and a great story!

Old 05-22-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Ruth, I think muleskinner is trying to say that he is a redneck. Great story mule--ya made my day. Now I can get off and get to work. And I learned something from the culture of honor article, which will come in very handy b/c I'm moving to the south in a month or two.
+1..if my neck got any redder it would look like a stop light

I actually studied that C of H thing and although I've never been a fan of stereotyping anyone,I have watched other rednecks closely and have found it to be very true almost to the letter..kudos to the folks that figured it all out and like I said,I use it like a race card now.

Wife: " you did WHAT!"
ME: "BABY,you KNOW I can't help it..its in my genes(jeans too)"

Old 05-22-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
LOL... I just went back and read muleskinner's story. Yeah, that is classic funny and a great story!
Unfortunately I have many stories such as that lol

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
+1..if my neck got any redder it would look like a stop light

I actually studied that C of H thing and although I've never been a fan of stereotyping anyone,I have watched other rednecks closely and have found it to be very true almost to the letter..kudos to the folks that figured it all out and like I said,I use it like a race card now.

Wife: " you did WHAT!"
ME: "BABY,you KNOW I can't help it..its in my genes(jeans too)"

If it were a stop light wouldn't you not do what you were about to do? So, in essence it would figuratively be a green light since you usually do on and do what you know deep down you should not do because of the repercussions ie: stitches, being clobbered, blood, puking girlfriends....

Old 05-22-2013, 09:58 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh man Jade....I've had both of those boob comments! I also had a guy ask if I would go to the restroom and take off my bra so he could see how saggy my breasts were on a first date. He wanted to make sure he wasn't being 'duped'.

Let's see...a few weeks ago I went out for a drink with an online date and he asked me point blank what booze and how many it would take to get me to have sex with him. Not super appropriate...I had my old fashioned and then left.

Had a guy go on a bit of a rant about tattoos once, not realizing I have a nearly completed sleeve. The fact that it's stated very plainly on my profile and there is a picture that shows my arm I realized he didn't actually read my profile at all. After he was done complaining about how stupid, lazy and idiotic people are who get tattoos I slowly pushed my sleeve up, smiled, gave him a high five and left.

A friend of mine went out with a guy who decided to go ON AND ON about how disgusting 'fat chicks were' pointing out the physical flaws of the other women in the restaurant. She is really athletic, but used to be quite obese before working for years to lose the weight. She let him know what an a-hole he was and left.
No wonder some women are so cynical and guarded.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If it were a stop light wouldn't you not do what you were about to do? So, in essence it would figuratively be a green light since you usually do on and do what you know deep down you should not do because of the repercussions ie: stitches, being clobbered, blood, puking girlfriends....
Well..I just did a non-funded govt study on that and have came to the conclussion you are probably right
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships