Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
There was a college girl in my hometown that was raped and left in a park and instead of people feeling bad and trying to help her most of the guys were bummed because now she was 'tainted' and 'dirty' and would have mental issues in the future which would make it harder for them to hook up with her.

This is a very common viewpoint and I've heard it time and time again. I mean, that's why 'Sl*t Walks' were started. It's to protest victim blaming but instead it usually just ends up with men taking videos and pictures of the women and joking around about how they're 'easy'.

Rape culture is very very real.
We're veering off-topic, but the question that needs to be asked is, why are there so many sexually violent men in our society? How does it compare with other countries? Why do so many guys think nothing about committing assault and wrecking someone's life? How are boys being raised in this country?

A woman I know who now counsels rape victims said she was raped by her driving instructor when she was 15, getting ready to get her driver's license. What's the matter with people?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 05:29 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,867,172 times
Dating is very difficult after 50 and especially online (well most of your stories ladies hit home unfortunately)... after how many years I finally got a new line recently. Had a "meet and greet" at a local pizza/ watering hole. Great conversation, seemed very attracted to each other... what next? he asked.. I was going to a local plant sale at Olbrick so invited him to come along... again great conversation and laughter. We had dropped the extra vehicle at the house before the plant sale and after 6 hours of great conversation invited him to come in for a cup of coffee when we got back. He leaned over for a kiss... great kiss by the way. Then leaned back and asked how I liked his "tent" and that I could not possible leave him that way... REALLY... so much promise. Hey I'm not a prude but when someone tells you after that comment that the name was Winston... and then sings the jingle... hmmmm... I laugh about it now.. pretty funny (old cigarette commercial)

Again I wish the profiles of these men wouldn't post you are looking for a relationship when obviously you are looking for a "hook up"... Wasted time... disappointment. I'm sure it works a lot of the time for him...

Old 05-23-2013, 12:26 PM
YAZ

7,701 posts, read 14,049,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Or when she has to use the restroom and then never comes back. You search all over the place, including the restaurant and you even stop and ask another woman to check inside the ladies room for you. Twenty minutes after she vanishes you finally find her outside in the alley, smoking with a guy she used to bang three or four years ago, very, very friendly like. Two friends that I later told the situation to both said that I should have walked out and left her right then and there, but softy me, stuck it out the rest of the evening. Oh yes, no aplogies or embarrassment on her part, she pulled the old "we're just old friends" routine. Yea, sure.

Ouch.

Pre-cell phone popularity:

Had a movie date and we ran late......so.....hanging out at the coffee shop before the next show sounded like a good idea at the time.

She excused herself to use the payphone and a few minutes later.....

In walks her ex-fiancé.

What a coincidence!

They're still friends and I get that.

So, I remained polite and gentlemanly-like.

No big deal, right?

The movie will start soon so we get moving.....get to the parking lot and she drops her keys. Kinda funny seein' how I'm the one that's driving.

She stops and bends down to get them and as I turn around, she whispers something in the dude's ear.

What a rude ****....

Date over.

No movie for you.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:34 PM

29,700 posts, read 34,246,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
We're veering off-topic, but the question that needs to be asked is, why are there so many sexually violent men in our society? How does it compare with other countries? Why do so many guys think nothing about committing assault and wrecking someone's life? How are boys being raised in this country?
This is verging way off topic, but I think it has to do with society treating rape and sexual assault as a woman's issue, not a societal issue. Young women are told not to wear certain things, go certain places, never leave her drink unattended, etc. etc. Many young men don't seem to be brought up with the same sort of awareness of their own role in the problem.

This is a great video that was going around a few weeks back:

Violence & Silence: Jackson Katz, Ph.D at TEDxFiDiWomen - YouTube

Old 05-23-2013, 01:27 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,582,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post
Surefire signs that there won't be a next date:

1. Waking up at her house the next morning and notice that she's on the dating site that we met on.

She was nice though. And cute.

2. While exiting her apartment in the wee hours of the morning because I really just wanted to sleep in my own bed......

....discover her recently estranged boyfriend weeping in the parking lot.

It's gonna be OK, dude.

Awkward......

3. When you slide into a really cool bar with a great band.....and you have to use the restroom......

Only to come back and notice the obvious flirtation with another guy.

Hey, kids. If you two would rather be alone, I'll excuse myself.

That gal was a piece of work.
Oh, nearly forgot about 1.

I've had that happen on three separate occasions, where I've gone to use the restroom and when I got back the guy I was on a date with was messaging other women or browsing other women on the dating site using the cell phone app. On all three occasions I let the guy know I had a lovely time but in the future it's not wise to be looking for a new date while currently on one.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:38 PM
YAZ

7,701 posts, read 14,049,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh, nearly forgot about 1.

I've had that happen on three separate occasions, where I've gone to use the restroom and when I got back the guy I was on a date with was messaging other women or browsing other women on the dating site using the cell phone app. On all three occasions I let the guy know I had a lovely time but in the future it's not wise to be looking for a new date while currently on one.
I understand that one doesn't always want to keep their eggs all in one basket......or....some folks are REAL good at multi-tasking.....but.....C'mon.

I could almost overlook chewing with your mouth open, talking to your buddies on the phone, or just getting inebriated.

Some things happen and ya just gotta walk away.

Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM

68 posts, read 88,898 times
Met a girl and agreed on date place and time in-person. On the day of the date, she was there waiting...along with 3 of her friends. She talked more to them then she did to me. Total disrespect! Haha. No second date.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:00 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,511,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plzeň View Post
That's why you're supposed to call her "baby" during sex. Using names is risky.
Um, my husband calls me baby during intercourse? Should I be worried? LOL

Old 05-23-2013, 03:19 PM

1,503 posts, read 1,852,690 times
When he leaves you sitting in his car for over an hour in his friend's driveway so he can go smoke a joint with his buddies in the house.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:23 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,608,633 times
"I've had a few homosexual experiences but it didn't mean anything."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships