Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 06:24 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,988,815 times

Advertisements

Went on a date Thursday night for drinks with someone online. Prior to our date we exchanged a few emails and were on the phone for a couple of hours laughing. He was telling me how he is dating to find "the one". I said I was too. He seemed like a nice, genuine, outgoing guy. Lookswise, NOT someone hot (his personality is what drew me to him) and he was far from rich (don't want to get accused of being super shallow and materialistic here).

Anyway, date was going well so we had dinner. Date was still going well so we went somewhere for dessert.

He kissed me a few times throughout the date and he was NOT the one to pull away (I did just because I needed some air!).

Sent him a text today saying how I had a great time. He texted me back that he had a good time but didn't feel the chemistry. I asked him if I said or did anything wrong (I mean, he kept kissing me!), and he said he didn't feel the attraction.

I'm just at a lost of words for this. Did he only keep kissing me to TRY to see if there was attraction? I just DID NOT see this coming.

I know it is just one date but it was the best date I had in maybe years. Yeah I know I will get over it and all that, but I just felt like he really liked me.

Normally I'm cool with rejection and I usually can tell write away if there is chemistry but I cannot help but feel really hurt over this. Yeah again just one date but I felt the chemistry. Until I sent him a text, I could have SWORN that he really was interested in me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2013, 06:30 PM

52,264 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Sometimes you beat the horse... sometimes the horse beats you....

Old 05-18-2013, 06:31 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Quote:
Did he only keep kissing me to TRY to see if there was attraction?
Maybe. Or maybe he has some completely different reason for not continuing with you, and the 'attraction' thing is just an excuse that he figures you cannot argue with. Maybe he got back together with his wife or got offered a job in Tasmania or his dad broke his hip and is moving in with him.

Quote:
I know it is just one date but it was the best date I had in maybe years. Yeah I know I will get over it and all that, but I just felt like he really liked me.
It's possible that a guy you cannot read like that (or one who is that deceptive) is not a good match anyway, no matter how he seemed at the time. This is what I would tell myself, in your shoes, anyway .

If you really want to know you could email him and ask. As long as you make it abundantly clear that you are seeking info and NOT trying to continue things, if he's a decent person he will explain. And if he's not, then that is also useful to know.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:32 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
He kissed me a few times throughout the date and he was NOT the one to pull away (I did just because I needed some air!).
Hahahahaha! Sorry for laughing but that is funny. (not in a bad way)

I think he just felt rejected.

If you want to try to salvage this, you can tell him what you told us here. Like all of it.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Hahahahaha! Sorry for laughing but that is funny. (not in a bad way)

I think he just felt rejected.

If you want to try to salvage this, you can tell him what you told us here. Like all of it.
The texting conversation went like this:

Me: Just wanted to tell you I had a really good time on Thursday

Him: I did too but I didn't feel the chemistry.

Me: I understand. Did I say or do something? I thought you were interested as I was.

Him: I just didn't feel the attraction.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:37 PM

I guess I was on here more to vent. No sense in trying to get some other reason from him because he doesn't want to see me again regardless you know?

I mean if there were cameras in the room showing you guys our date, you would think it was mutual chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Maybe. Or maybe he has some completely different reason for not continuing with you, and the 'attraction' thing is just an excuse that he figures you cannot argue with. Maybe he got back together with his wife or got offered a job in Tasmania or his dad broke his hip and is moving in with him.

It's possible that a guy you cannot read like that (or one who is that deceptive) is not a good match anyway, no matter how he seemed at the time. This is what I would tell myself, in your shoes, anyway .

If you really want to know you could email him and ask. As long as you make it abundantly clear that you are seeking info and NOT trying to continue things, if he's a decent person he will explain. And if he's not, then that is also useful to know.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:52 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,761,278 times
I am very sorry to hear how things turned out for you OP, especially when you had mentioned how optimistic and promising everything was looking during the actual date with him

I think that the third post gave some excellent advice: perhaps that it isn't you personally he doesn't like or isn't interested in but more something outside of his control?

In any case, after taking a quick look at your profile, you are definitely an extremely pretty and very attractive girl, and so I am sure you will have no problem at all with finding someone very special soon in the future who you like *and* who also truly likes you back too!

Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi Manischewitz View Post
The texting conversation went like this:

Me: Just wanted to tell you I had a really good time on Thursday

Him: I did too but I didn't feel the chemistry.

Me: I understand. Did I say or do something? I thought you were interested as I was.

Him: I just didn't feel the attraction.
He's feeling insecure. He needs a little more than that.
And it's probably better to call him and tell him.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:55 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
naomi...
im willing to bet you arent getting the whole picture and the chemistry comment is a cop-out

you did nothing wrong...

he could have 4-5 woman going at once.... he could be engaged, married,

a first date is like an iceberg...you only see what they want you to see,,the other 80% is hidden

Old 05-18-2013, 06:56 PM

Wait, does this guy have tons of girls? If so, then forget it. He's moved on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships