Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 10:27 AM

273 posts, read 531,857 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I didn't say has always been open, there are still many racist people here. However, India is a much bigger problem with that.

Also, it's not just problems with Indians vs non Indians. It is Indians vs themselves.

It is terrible behavior, and no excuse for it. Just like there's no excuse for any Americans to be racist. It is ignorance and no excuses can be made for it, or sugarcoated with "traditional"
Why is it racist if someone wants to date his own race? I don't go around pointing out fingers at American women who won't date me saying they are racist. You perhaps don't understand the difference between being racist and being traditional(aka sticking to their own traditions, people who follow the same traditions etc etc.).

I have heard some atrocious things being said about Indian men online however I won't go around calling all American women who dislike Indian men or don't want to date Indian men racist. To each his own I guess. You seem like you need to grow up and see the real world. If someone doesn't want to date/be-friend me because of my race I don't think there's anything wrong with that it's a personal decision. I won't go around calling them racist, it's only racist if they make sweeping generalizations about everyone in my race based on their limited experience however, you seem like you belong to that category.

So before you go on a rant about denouncing racists and racism the next time, make sure you yourself aren't one to begin with.

Last edited by theunseenguest; 05-24-2013 at 10:40 AM..

Old 05-24-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I didn't say has always been open, there are still many racist people here. However, India is a much bigger problem with that.

Also, it's not just problems with Indians vs non Indians. It is Indians vs themselves.

It is terrible behavior, and no excuse for it. Just like there's no excuse for any Americans to be racist. It is ignorance and no excuses can be made for it, or sugarcoated with "traditional"
Read my post earlier about the diverse linguistic, cultural and traditional classes that exist within India itself. No wonder some of the old timers are so hung up on those, I for one don't care about all that. Anyone can date anyone as long as they are comfortable with it. For that matter, most of the modern generation in India doesn't care either. While it used to be uncommon in the past for one region of India i.e., Punjabis to date and marry say Tamilians(South Indians) it's very common now and no one cares. My family itself has many such couples and they all do fine although they might have to learn each others languages for better communication.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
Man I can imagine how ugly women are at this forum when they must date Indians. No wonder no one have picture of body or face.
You seem pretty clueless, why don't you do us all a favor and put up your own picture for us to judge you.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'd say run. Why would you want to waste precious time/life on a guy that might be stationed far away and knowing his family will probably never accept you?
I know a white woman that used to date a Indian man and his parents flipped out. He was a good son so breaking his family bond to his Mother was out of the question so where did that leave the woman after years of sneaking around and avoiding the parents ?.. Alone and starting over. We used to warn her not to open her apartment door unless she knew who was out there because she was likely to get acid thrown in her face.
What does that have to do with the Indian man not being able to date/marry her since his parents won't approve their relationship? Can't fathom this.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
All possible forums are invaded buy Indians who try to proof something. This tread want say like white women like Indians but Indian males are somewhat reluctant because of theirs families. Thanks God it exist free dating market and this propaganda do not worth one penny. Any one know how Indians stand at free dating market.
Learning to spell might be a good thing if you want to contribute to forums such as this. Also I am not sure what you are getting at but this thread wasn't started by an Indian guy or anyone stating that White women won't like Indian guys. I for one could care less about what White women think about me, you could keep them to yourself that's perfectly fine with me.

However, the thread starter was a White women who wanted to find out answers for her relationship with an Indian man and what she has to do in her situation. So get a clue of who started the thread and who's saying what before you go on a typo spree.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:22 AM

58 posts, read 101,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunseenguest View Post
So I personally don't blame the guy's parents since they might have never traveled abroad or seen the world beyond which they live but he should have atleast had the courage to make a decision and stand his ground instead of leaving her in a limbo.
I agree with this. I don't fault his parents. And I wouldn't fault my guy if he said he personally only wanted a long-term relationship with an Indian. But instead he's saying he can't live without me, wants to see if things work out between us especially given the long distance, and then he'll tell his family? Well, why not tell his family now and then see exactly what we'd be dealing with, instead of potentially wasting my time?!

I don't want to be demanding and say it's now or never for us, because it's only been 6 months. I also don't want to end up waiting around for nothing.

Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 AM

31,035 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunseenguest View Post
LOL at the racist jibe. I wonder what happened to her first world common sense trying to date a third world guy btw
"LOL at the racist jibe"
If I said something about someones race it escapes me A brain is a brain as far as I'm concerned regardless of race of the person it resides in. You probably were offended that I said India is a 3rd world country, which it is. There are many factors that play into this, and I'm sure culture plays a part. You would know better than I would though.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"LOL at the racist jibe"
If I said something about someones race it escapes me A brain is a brain as far as I'm concerned regardless of race of the person it resides in. You probably were offended that I said India is a 3rd world country, which it is. There are many factors that play into this, and I'm sure culture plays a part. You would know better than I would though.
The racial reference was pretty obvious. Regarding India being a 3rd world country which it perhaps is, I fail to understand the context of bringing that in relation to this particular discussion unless you wanted to throw an insult there as to how a "third worlder" can't stand up to the expectations of a "first world" American woman. You should perhaps learn to discuss in terms of the context instead of throwing your mouth around. Also by referring to his behavior in this context arising because of a "third world" mentality you are implying that everyone that belongs to the "third world" has the same mentality or behaves exactly like how he did. Since everyone belonging to the "third world" exhibits similar behavior, I wonder how a person belonging to the "first world" behaves in a similar situation. You should perhaps know that well since you seem like an expert on "first world" and "third world" behaviors going by your statements so you could perhaps elaborate.

I personally think you are miffed to see people from the "third world" do well in your "first world" and are perhaps butthurt by that. Also perhaps because there's nothing you could do to stop them from coming into your "first world" since your Govt. itself seems so eager to let them in. I have seen people like you around and it's not hard for me to sniff out someone like you.

Also you didn't answer as to how a "first world" woman didn't have the common sense to not fall for someone from you know "The third world".

Last edited by theunseenguest; 05-24-2013 at 12:51 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning112 View Post
I agree with this. I don't fault his parents. And I wouldn't fault my guy if he said he personally only wanted a long-term relationship with an Indian. But instead he's saying he can't live without me, wants to see if things work out between us especially given the long distance, and then he'll tell his family? Well, why not tell his family now and then see exactly what we'd be dealing with, instead of potentially wasting my time?!

I don't want to be demanding and say it's now or never for us, because it's only been 6 months. I also don't want to end up waiting around for nothing.
IDK, since you are a "first world" woman and since all of us Indian men belong to the third world with a "third world" mindset as one of the posters here wants to put it across, I wonder what happened to your common sense in the first place in going out of line and not trying to date only a fellow "first worlder". LOL.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:56 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Don't tell them you're white, just say that you have that disease that Michael Jackson had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships