Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:14 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
I can't disagree. It does seem like a good portion of black people that I know tend to avoid dark skinned women.

As a black man, I hate saying this, but there is a lot of self loathing among us (from experience). We hate ourselves.

(I only speak from my experience. I know there are different experiences from different factors.)
Well, that really sucks..... maybe in a couple more generations black folks will make more headways, I hope so.... I think enslavement takes on many layers and as each layer gets peeled back things get better.

Nyanna, RedRage, or any other screenname she uses is sort of an extreme example of what you're talking about...

Most black people I've known seem to be fine and are productive members of society, all people are basically trying to make a living, provide for their families, have a good life... these are traits that we all share.

I do feel it's sorta odd for her to target a white dude or a non-black just so that her kids would be lighter....

Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
= I am just hoping that I find someone who really loves me for me
Ever tried online dating?
If you live in a large city, I bet you could find someone.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:22 PM

162 posts, read 190,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
The bold is really your main problem. Guys want a happy-go-lucky sort of chick that laughs, smiles, and has fun. They don't want some prude ice queen that is angry all the time, at least not for a relationship.

On the other hand, the italics is not your concern. So what she has her pick of the litter due to conditions out of her control? I am not a quarterback in the NFL, a movie star, or a pop-singer, but I don't complain that I don't have a harem of women chasing me because of that.
I agree, and fully admit that when I become depresssed, I'm no fun to be around, but it's a catch 22 because every one (especially women) want to be perceived as beautiful. If I feel like people treat my light friends better, this will impact my personality. It is sometimes hard to smile when I go out with them and see how many guys are attracted to them. I have since decided to stop going to mostly black establishments, because I experience the cold shoulder more often than not in these places.

I now prefer a more mixed environment, where there is more of a variety. My black girlfriends seem to prefer the black establishments and not really the mixed bars or clubs, so I rarely go out with them anymore. I kind of feel like I'm just setting myself up for failure and although they can't help that people prefer their look, sometimes I do dream about what it would be like to have people gush over me and prefer my look to theirs, if only for one night.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM

826 posts, read 1,893,829 times
Quote:
I understand that everyone has dating woes, but I doubt that a blonde thin highly attractive white woman has issues landing a nice family oriented guy, if that is what she wants. .
You would be surprised. Beautiful women have dating issues too. Sometimes when you are very pretty, guys hesitate from asking you out because they expect you already have someone, or they think you'd be a Beaeeatch to them if they asked you out, or something.
Also, being hit on is nothing. Guys can hit on you, but if they are not the type you want, it wouldn't mean a thing.

Quote:
In my instance, my self defeatess attitude does get in the way, because most would prefer the bubbly super attractive light woman over me, the non bubbly, semi-attractive (but regular) dark woman. The irony is, if I was dating someone who adored me, I would be the best girlfriend ever. I would love him tremendously and be very faithful. .
You would really do well to work on your self esteem. Life is a lot tougher when you are going through it with a self-deafeatist attitude. That is not appealing to anyone. One of the biggest things you can do now is to google pictures of dark skinned celebs who found husbands/significant others. That will at least get you to stop seeing your skin color as a negative (Did you know Whoopi Goldberg has been married at least thrice!!! and she's not a stereotypical black beauty).

The next thing you could do is sign up for online dating, if you are not already doing that now. It will atleast expose you to different types of guys who appreciate your type of beauty (including black guys).
Now I can't guarantee that you'd find the one there, but at least it can help you expand your current view of your options.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:26 PM

162 posts, read 190,296 times
Quote:
Ever tried online dating?
If you live in a large city, I bet you could find someone.
I am thinking about online dating, although my friends constantly warn me about the weirdos online. I have to admit that I do get a little scared because you never really know who you are connecting with. I much prefer to interact face to face so that the person sees me and I see them. I think the possibility for lying or trying to put on a facade is much harder, when you are not dealing in a virtual environment.

I could create a very nice profile and use my best pictures, but my online persona will definitely be different from my real life persona. But who knows, maybe I am wrong and I should give it a shot. It's not like I'm having great luck outside of cyberspace.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:27 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
I do not really care about the guy's skin color, I am just hoping that I find someone who is really a good hardworking person, and loves me for me and doesn't care about my dark skin pigment. I know it sounds strange, but as I have said, I think maybe I should target pale white men, because my hope is, due to their paleness my dark color won't be such a turn off? But I could be wrong. It's just that every time I see a dark black woman married, it's usually to pale white guy.
Just target whoever seems receptive and otherwise acceptable by your standards. He doesn't need to be super duper white. lol

Quote:
I could create a very nice profile and use my best pictures, but my online persona will definitely be different from my real life persona. But who knows, maybe I am wrong and I should give it a shot. It's not like I'm having great luck outside of cyberspace.
Yeah, try it at least once.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:28 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rance View Post
Is this redberry rose? NYanna? Purple rage? (wasn't there some more?)
OMG she's back.

What was the show with the Zebra (Chris Rock) who wondered if he was white with black stripes or black with white stripes ?

Old 05-19-2013, 04:28 PM

84 posts, read 84,290 times
Quote:
Bull****!

Where I live (the deep south) I see MANY dark skin (near pitch black) women with CHILDREN. Not to mention they are overweight and unattractive. If someone finds them to be attractive, there is no doubt there are men who will find you attractive.

One caveat, said women with babies are rarely seen with the father. I think I only saw two mother and father couples with their children in the few months I lived here.
This is common where I live, many darkskinned black women are seen as concubines in the black community. They are used to keep the black race thriving while the men go off and properly date/marry lighter complected women.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
This is common where I live, many darkskinned black women are seen as concubines in the black community. They are used to keep the black race thriving while the men go off and properly date/marry lighter complected women.
Seriously? I don't really see that happening.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:35 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
My own kind is the human race, and I think my children would turn out just fine. I would teach them to be proud of their cultures. I don't think it would be a problem at all, because lighter skinned girls are favored and so it would actually be a good thing if I had a daughter.
IF your statement were absolutely true then you would NOT be asking about WHITE BOYS and fussing about how dark your skin is.........you would be asking about BOYS. So your own kind is NOT the human race just the white part of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships