Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 11:26 AM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Is extremely appealing to me for some strange reason. I guess I just thrive on drama. The world would be a dull place without passion! Which leads me to another topic of discussion. Have you ever intentionally rubbed your SO the wrong way just to make up later? Nothing too harsh or anything that could be considered "cruel". Just bringing up a topic you don't see eye to eye on...
No. That's not normal behavior. Mod cut: Off topic.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-20-2013 at 03:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2013, 11:39 AM

5,012 posts, read 7,884,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
No. That's not normal behavior. Snip.
Women I genuinely like/would want to spend the rest of my life with are in short supply, but rest assured, casually dating is no problem for me.

Also, I'm not saying everyday should be a struggle. That would be exhausting and worse than no drama at all. I just think that there should be some tension when it comes to relationships for comfort leads to complacency and complacency leads to taking your partner for granted.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-20-2013 at 03:32 PM..

Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,610,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikake View Post
No, that's just dumb to fight just for the sake of fighting.

Who does that?
A significant number of couples, sadly. Or maybe not sadly, I guess, if that's what they're into. It sucks when they decide to bring children into that kind of relationship, though.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:31 PM

102,260 posts, read 108,277,635 times
Quote:
Also, I'm not saying everyday should be a struggle. That would be exhausting and worse than no drama at all. I just think that there should be some tension when it comes to relationships for comfort leads to complacency and complacency leads to taking your partner for granted.
No, no tension necessary for a happy and loving relationship. Maintaining a rewarding relationship does take effort; being thoughtful, surprising the SO with a gift or thoughtful (or hot) note hidden around the house or in the suit pocket, making a little effort to ease a difficult day without being asked, etc. Artificially introducing "tension" isn't helpful.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:35 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,692,323 times
Uh, no.

I feel terrible UNintentionally hurting someone I care about; I'd never INTENTIONALLY hurt him.

Thos sorts of dynamics have no place in my relationship. If I were bored enough/unhappy enough in my relationship that I felt the need to fabricate boatrocking dynamics for kicks, that would be a big indication that the relationship wasn't a good one. I seriously can't imagine doing this. My relationship is a peaceful refuge, not something I want screwed up by completely unnecessary drama.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:49 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,773,165 times
Quote:
Is extremely appealing to me for some strange reason. I guess I just thrive on drama. The world would be a dull place without passion! Which leads me to another topic of discussion. Have you ever intentionally rubbed your SO the wrong way just to make up later? Nothing too harsh or anything that could be considered "cruel". Just bringing up a topic you don't see eye to eye on...

Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (lyrics) [HD] - YouTube
Not me...going on a lil over 2 years, and zero fights, zero arguments, and zero conflicts at all here so far In fact, not even one harsh or unkind word given to each other, ever...zero drama and no unhappiness, just sweet love and affection I feel absolutely no need to stir the pot, and even when we don't see eye-to-eye, we have always been able to reach positive and mutual consensus, without needing to resort to arguing.

ETA: much like TabulaRasa, I would feel very guilty, if I were to even *unintentionally* hurt her feelings...

Last edited by Phoenix2017; 05-20-2013 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: Edits

Old 05-20-2013, 01:18 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,671,225 times
Nope. I have a pretty relaxed and drama free life and if I was going to add a partner to that, he would have to be similar.

Old 05-20-2013, 01:46 PM

1,479 posts, read 2,724,243 times
Most people who love having drama in their lives are single or have difficulty getting SO's to stick around.

Old 05-20-2013, 03:29 PM

44,392 posts, read 20,120,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No, I never have.

The tradeoff of "excitement" v. having deliberately hurt someone is not worth it to me.
This. I would never intentionally push someone's buttons to tick them off.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:45 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,117,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I don't like drama of any sort.

I'll pass on poking the lioness with a stick....
Hmmm . . . I thought that sounded like fun. What lioness wouldn't want to be poked with the stick?

I like the last couple of threads I've read - people writing about good love and those here who are standing up for treating each other well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships