Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM

162 posts, read 189,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calicali01 View Post
What black women need to do is travel overseas. Black women need to find a place where the men love dark skinned women, and where the men are willing to take care of them.
Why should dark black American women travel overseas to find a good mate? I don't think that's a viable or realistic option. Our home is the U.S. Perhaps if I landed a great job overseas that paid more than my current position, but certainly not just to meet a guy. That's laughable.

Why are you offering such poor advice?

84 posts, read 84,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meh_whatever View Post
I was just thinking the SAME thing. I know SO many black women who are darker. Who always have dates/are happily married, etc.

She's dark brown. There are SO many dark brown people in the US.

I think OP needs to move to a place with more dark folk. I betcha I have people from India down my street that are as dark as her. No kidding.
looking at the video, bambi looks to be light brown. I'm much darker than her and would be classified as dark brown...I'm around Naomi Campbell's complexion

Quote:
I expected this poor girl to look as black as dark roast coffee!
This comment speaks volumes....and not in a good way

2,732 posts, read 3,580,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
More often than not, dark and brown skinned men go for light and brown skinned women. Light skinned men typically are attracted to light skinned women too, as a first preference.These are just my personal observations.
Yes. You're right.

Old 05-20-2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OngletNYC View Post
Are you serious? You are barely darker than me and you have a nice figure. You must be pining for the top 5% guys
Something tells me that you wouldn't have a problem if an attractive blonde was "pinning for the top 5% guys." That would be normal, right?

It's only abnormal for dark attractive women to do so as well.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Yes. You're right.
Thank you for admitting the obvious.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:02 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,323,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambi234 View Post
Something tells me that you wouldn't have a problem if an attractive blonde was "pinning for the top 5% guys." That would be normal, right?

It's only abnormal for dark women.

I'm pretty sure that is not what she meant...

Please take no offence, but somehow this sketch comes to mind.

Black Woman Interview - MADTV - YouTube

Old 05-20-2013, 05:02 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakedkookies View Post
Nah you have an agenda and its to paint black women in the worst light possible. Black women usually go out of their way to be nicer to other races because they want to protect their image.
Some black women are nice, some are not. You want to talk about sensitive subject, let's all be honest here.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:04 PM

84 posts, read 84,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Some black women are nice, some are not. You want to talk about sensitive subject, let's all be honest here.
This isn't exclusive to black women. What is your point?

Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Nah you have an agenda and its to paint black women in the worst light possible. Black women usually go out of their way to be nicer to other races because they want to protect their image.
Quote:
This isn't exclusive to black women. What is your point?
bold and red is my point. Don't single out black women then if you want an honest response.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 PM

Quote:
No, it is pretty common. Let a white, Hispanic, or Asian woman say the wrong things around an American black woman and watch the BW fly off the handle. Matter fact, I dated a Japanese woman once and she told me she was outright afraid of black women.

This is one of the reasons why eligible black men are dating outside of their race or going overseas, they're tired of their women who are always aggressive and domineering.

Diary of a Tired Black Man - The Movie - Main "Tired Black Man" Discussion Group
Attitudes are universal. I don't doubt that some black women have major attitudes, but this is mostly due to how many are treated. They internalize the negative treatment received and lash out at those around them.

But there are also plenty of white, biracial, Asian and Hispanic women with horrible attitudes too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.