U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,757 posts, read 52,094,226 times
Reputation: 25354

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Raenna! Your innuendos are all wrong!

"I want a ride on his turbo shaft."

"That's the wrong port."
"I want to crush Data?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM
 
946 posts, read 1,166,962 times
Reputation: 1397
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm sorry but I am so tired of this feminist nonsense.

Yes, men will go out with, have sex with and even get into relationship with women who pursue them...but they usually do not marry those women. Men tend to not cherish what came so easily to them. A woman who pursues a man is NOT a challenge and most men love a challenge. The men who like to be pursued by women tend to be 'lazy' and generally are not strong men. These are the same men who want the woman to "wear the pants" and "bring home the bacon" while they sit around playing video games.

The feminist ideology has screwed up the dynamics been male/female relationship and it is such a travesty that so many women who bought into the nonsense are confused.
It's not nonsense, and they're not confused. It's just not going the way you want it.

A woman approaching is labeled as derogatory names and men not approaching is "weak" as you say...society has it's way of using the same shaming language for not conforming to its expectations. I haven't approached in years, and don't give 2 s**its what society or its crap gender dynamics say.

I cherish the company of being with a good woman, regardless of whoever initiated the contact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Pa
42,757 posts, read 52,094,226 times
Reputation: 25354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
It's not nonsense, and they're not confused. It's just not going the way you want it.

A woman approaching is labeled as derogatory names and men not approaching is "weak" as you say...society has it's way of using the same shaming language for not conforming to its expectations. I haven't approached in years, and don't give 2 s**its what society or its crap gender dynamics say.

I cherish the company of being with a good woman, regardless of whoever initiated the contact.
? Didn't you date a chick for awhile?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:35 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC and Washington, DC
26,576 posts, read 40,868,513 times
Reputation: 40926
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm sorry but I am so tired of this feminist nonsense.

Yes, men will go out with, have sex with and even get into relationship with women who pursue them...but they usually do not marry those women. Men tend to not cherish what came so easily to them. A woman who pursues a man is NOT a challenge and most men love a challenge. The men who like to be pursued by women tend to be 'lazy' and generally are not strong men. These are the same men who want the woman to "wear the pants" and "bring home the bacon" while they sit around playing video games.

The feminist ideology has screwed up the dynamics been male/female relationship and it is such a travesty that so many women who bought into the nonsense are confused.
Hey you. The bus back to 1950 leaves out of Terminal C in 15 minutes. Don't miss it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 05:39 PM
 
Location: Up in the air
19,111 posts, read 30,241,520 times
Reputation: 16367
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Hey you. The bus back to 1950 leaves out of Terminal C in 15 minutes. Don't miss it.
I wish I could agree with you..but I agree with CaliPoppy for the most part. I used to approach men all the time and while they'll sleep with you most won't take a woman seriously as a romantic prospect if the lady does the approaching. I've also noticed this in many of my lady friends as well. In the very few cases where the woman has made the first move, it's only worked because the man already liked her and pursued her from there. She just happened to jump the gun before he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 06:36 PM
 
5,121 posts, read 6,684,456 times
Reputation: 5831
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I wish I could agree with you..but I agree with CaliPoppy for the most part. I used to approach men all the time and while they'll sleep with you most won't take a woman seriously as a romantic prospect if the lady does the approaching. I've also noticed this in many of my lady friends as well. In the very few cases where the woman has made the first move, it's only worked because the man already liked her and pursued her from there. She just happened to jump the gun before he did.
I tend to agree with CaliPoppy and JetJockey too. I think it's eons of human courtship nature and no amount of trying to modernize with political correctness is going to work.

I *do* think that women should approach and initiate (break the ice if you will). Make that first kiss or propose that first date. But I think they should stop short of "pursuing". In most cases (not all, but the majority), I don't think a man who has to be "chased" is really interested in the woman chasing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 07:09 PM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
18,261 posts, read 22,190,257 times
Reputation: 19593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
It's not nonsense, and they're not confused. It's just not going the way you want it.

A woman approaching is labeled as derogatory names and men not approaching is "weak" as you say...society has it's way of using the same shaming language for not conforming to its expectations. I haven't approached in years, and don't give 2 s**its what society or its crap gender dynamics say.

I cherish the company of being with a good woman, regardless of whoever initiated the contact.
How is it "not going the way that I want it". I have no problem attracting men and feel absolutely no need to pursue/chase/hunt down/seek out/run after men.

If a man is REALLY interested in me then he will pursue me. If a man's attraction to me or desire for me is not strong enough for him to pursue me at the beginning then it certainly won't be strong enough when the relationship extends past the honeymoon stage.

But feminists think that women are just men without penises so none of the natural male/female courtship rules apply to them. Some women are under the false impression that a man saying "yes" to a date with her means that he is "into" her and it simply is not the case. When women ask men out most men interpret that as an opportunity for easy sex. The guy already knows that the girl is interested so he has much less work to do as far as courting her. Most men won't turn down easy sex...why would they?

Many men LOVE feminists because they now have women who ask them out, buy them dinner and offer them sexual favors without even the slightest indication of romantic interest in the woman beyond saying "yes" to a date. And if a woman has the financial means to continue 'buying' the man's affections (by going half or paying for dates, etc.) the "relationship" will last longer...but only until the man finds a woman that he chooses to court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,226 posts, read 10,980,502 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
A hand full of women do, but most don't.

^^^^^^ this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM
 
5,460 posts, read 7,644,369 times
Reputation: 4630
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
I wish I could agree with you..but I agree with CaliPoppy for the most part. I used to approach men all the time and while they'll sleep with you most won't take a woman seriously as a romantic prospect if the lady does the approaching. I've also noticed this in many of my lady friends as well. In the very few cases where the woman has made the first move, it's only worked because the man already liked her and pursued her from there. She just happened to jump the gun before he did.
Quote:
I tend to agree with CaliPoppy and JetJockey too. I think it's eons of human courtship nature and no amount of trying to modernize with political correctness is going to work.

I *do* think that women should approach and initiate (break the ice if you will). Make that first kiss or propose that first date. But I think they should stop short of "pursuing". In most cases (not all, but the majority), I don't think a man who has to be "chased" is really interested in the woman chasing him.
But doesn't part of the whole equation on whether or not a man will react favorably to a woman pursuing him romantically depend partly on his fundamental underlying personality and temperament? Sure, I could see how a very extroverted, gregarious, and non-shy man would probably prefer not to be chased, and might potentially find direct female romantic pursuit of him to be more unattractive than attractive. At the same time though...a man who has a temperament of being more shy, more timid or more sensitive to rejection in nature, etc. might truly become the happiest guy in the world, and would feel 100% delighted to have a woman pursue him on her end romantically -- because it takes the pressure of potential negative fallout like rejection, failure, humiliation, and hurt feelings off of him, because the woman has already directly indicated her interest in him, and that she genuinely likes him. That's why I would be very cautious of applying a universal blanket prescription that says that all or the great majority of men find female pursuit of them to be unattractive, because you might never know what they're really feeling inside, in terms of their emotional composition.

In my own personal case for example, it was actually the direct romantic pursuit and initiation by the one dearest to my heart, on her end, that eventually made having the blessings of her love and affection a reality for me. She very gently, kindly, patiently, and sweetly -- of her own free volition and will -- asked me directly for "more than friends" with her. I admit that I was already very attracted to her before that, but if she had not made that first initiative on her end, I most likely would have never attempted to pursue her romantically at all, because I was truly very afraid of being rejected or shot down, or even worse, seen as creepy or strange to her, given that I was significantly older in age than her. In fact, she had to ask me not once but twice for "more than friends", just because I was still so terribly afraid even when she asked the first time that I would risk ruining my reputation in her eyes, and lose her friendship, which I truly valued. Of course, the second time she asked me, I was so incredibly smitten by her incredible kindness to me that there was no way I could turn down her interest

So, the moral of the story, lol: a guy may be happy, thrilled, and ecstatic if a girl pursues him romantically, depending on his personality and emotional makeup. Or not. In any event, it really depends on the individual guy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-19-2013, 07:15 PM
 
Location: Houston, Tx
8,226 posts, read 10,980,502 times
Reputation: 8198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Women have always pursued. They always will. Women do go after what they want, if they see someone attractive. It's human nature.
LMAO! Yeah right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top