Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 07:19 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,141,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I'm sorry but I am so tired of this feminist nonsense.

Yes, men will go out with, have sex with and even get into relationship with women who pursue them...but they usually do not marry those women. Men tend to not cherish what came so easily to them. A woman who pursues a man is NOT a challenge and most men love a challenge. The men who like to be pursued by women tend to be 'lazy' and generally are not strong men. These are the same men who want the woman to "wear the pants" and "bring home the bacon" while they sit around playing video games.

The feminist ideology has screwed up the dynamics been male/female relationship and it is such a travesty that so many women who bought into the nonsense are confused.
The first highlighted part is total B.S. The second highlighted part I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight2009 View Post
But doesn't part of the whole equation on whether or not a man will react favorably to a woman pursuing him romantically depend partly on his fundamental underlying personality and temperament? Sure, I could see how a very extroverted, gregarious, and non-shy man would probably prefer not to be chased, and might potentially find direct female romantic pursuit of him to be more unattractive than attractive. At the same time though...a man who has a temperament of being more shy, more timid or more sensitive to rejection in nature, etc. might truly become the happiest guy in the world, and would feel 100% delighted to have a woman pursue him on her end romantically -- because it takes the pressure of potential negative fallout like rejection, failure, humiliation, and hurt feelings off of him, because the woman has already directly indicated her interest in him, and that she genuinely likes him. That's why I would be very cautious of applying a universal blanket prescription that says that all or the great majority of men find female pursuit of them to be unattractive, because you might never know what they're feeling inside, in terms of their emotional composition.

In my own personal case for example, it was actually the direct romantic pursuit and initiation by the one dearest to my heart, on her end, that eventually made having the blessings of her love and affection a reality for me. She very gently, kindly, patiently, and sweetly -- of her own free volition and will -- asked me directly for "more than friends" with her. I admit that I was already very attracted to her before that, but if she had not made that first initiative on her end, I most likely would have never attempted to pursue her romantically at all, because I was truly very afraid of being rejected or shot down, or even worse, seen as creepy or strange to her, given that I was significantly older in age than her. In fact, she had to ask me not once but twice for "more than friends", just because I was still so terribly afraid even when she asked the first time that I would risk ruining my reputation in her eyes, and lose her friendship, which I truly valued. Of course, the second time she asked me, I was so incredibly smitten by her incredible kindness to me that there was no way I could turn down her interest

So, the moral of the story, lol: a guy may be happy, thrilled, and ecstatic if a girl pursues him romantically, depending on his personality and emotional makeup. Or not. In any event, it really depends on the individual guy
Guys who lack the confidence to pursue who and what they want are such a turn off and want women to "wear the pants" in a relationship.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:25 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,601,893 times
Personaly, I think its great that women persue, ive been hit on so many times that it really works to my advantage. With that said, women can persue, men HAVE to. There is a big difference.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:33 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Personaly, I think its great that women persue, ive been hit on so many times that it really works to my advantage. With that said, women can persue, men HAVE to. There is a big difference.
Both should try.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:36 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
My femininity isn't threatened by asking a man out. It's never gone badly for me.

Old 06-19-2013, 07:40 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,757,330 times
Quote:
Guys who lack the confidence to pursue who and what they want are such a turn off and want women to "wear the pants" in a relationship.
(Referring to bolded parts above.) I am happy to report that is not true in the case of her and me...all of the interaction between us is based on 100% full equality Neither she nor I have ever once attempted to "wear the pants", so to speak, over the other. I have never tried to tell her what to do or to impose my own will on her, and neither has she ever tried to that to me. Again, she and I have always strongly believed in full equality, and the free will of both persons, without any attempted imposition or interference of one person on the other. So far, going on almost 2 years and zero arguments, zero fights, and zero harsh words exchanged between her and me, ever

Old 06-19-2013, 07:58 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,242 times
Quote:
How is it "not going the way that I want it". I have no problem attracting men and feel absolutely no need to pursue/chase/hunt down/seek out/run after men.
Good for you. I'm the same with women at times.

It is "not going the way you want it," since you think people have to act a certain way because of their gender.

Quote:
If a man is REALLY interested in me then he will pursue me. If a man's attraction to me or desire for me is not strong enough for him to pursue me at the beginning then it certainly won't be strong enough when the relationship extends past the honeymoon stage.
I cannot really tell if someone's interested because they don't make a move, or if they don't speak up. I can understand some people are intimidated by talking to someone they don't know, shy or not, but I don't really write them off if it seems they may have interest. But if she's "expecting" me to approach because I have to "prove" how strong I am, then I'm gone. haha. I shouldn't have to try so hard prove anything to somebody I barely know.

Quote:
But feminists think that women are just men without penises so none of the natural male/female courtship rules apply to them. Some women are under the false impression that a man saying "yes" to a date with her means that he is "into" her and it simply is not the case. When women ask men out most men interpret that as an opportunity for easy sex. The guy already knows that the girl is interested so he has much less work to do as far as courting her. Most men won't turn down easy sex...why would they?
Why assume the worst case scenarios? "Easy" sex isn't really worth the hype

Quote:
Many men LOVE feminists because they now have women who ask them out, buy them dinner and offer them sexual favors without even the slightest indication of romantic interest in the woman beyond saying "yes" to a date. And if a woman has the financial means to continue 'buying' the man's affections (by going half or paying for dates, etc.) the "relationship" will last longer...but only until the man finds a woman that he chooses to court.
Again, it's "not going the way you want it." If you like the old, courting stuff, that's fine. Feels hella good not being in the 50s.

I don't want to do all the work in a one-sided relationship. By the same token, I shouldn't expect that from whoever I date, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
? Didn't you date a chick for awhile?
Sure I did, glad that's over.

All I'm doing is just working my tail off, making money for now. LOL

Old 06-19-2013, 07:58 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
(Referring to bolded parts above.) I am happy to report that is not true in the case of her and me...all of the interaction between us is based on 100% full equality Neither she nor I have ever once attempted to "wear the pants", so to speak, over the other. I have never tried to tell her what to do or to impose my own will on her, and neither has she ever tried to that to me. Again, she and I have always strongly believed in full equality, and the free will of both persons, without any attempted imposition or interference of one person on the other. So far, going on almost 2 years and zero arguments, zero fights, and zero harsh words exchanged between her and me, ever
This is obvious beta male jibberish

Translation: she gets her way because you always defer to her (i.e. she wears the pants) Some women LOVE beta males because they believe that beta males are easier to manipulate (and they usually are)

So let's fast forward a few more years into the relationship to when she is complaining to her friends that her husband has no backbone, lacks passion and is a total pushover. And then cue the world's smallest violin for your future diatribe about how women don't want "nice guys".

(btw you don't have to be a beta male to be a "nice guy")

Old 06-19-2013, 08:03 PM

947 posts, read 1,186,242 times
Quote:
Way to go, brah.

Who cares if it's "beta male gibberish," haven't heard that term since high school lol. That's a good relationship you have.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:04 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,810,581 times
Quote:
This is obvious beta male jibberish

Translation: she gets her way because you always defer to her (i.e. she wears the pants) Some women LOVE beta males because they believe that beta males are easier to manipulate (and they usually are)

So let's fast forward a few more years into the relationship to when she is complaining to her friends that her husband has no backbone, lacks passion and is a total pushover. And then cue the world's smallest violin for your future diatribe about how women don't want "nice guys".

(btw you don't have to be a beta male to be a "nice guy")
And now you're trying to shame him for not following your rules? Who died and made you boss? They're happy. And who wants an "Alpha male?" I don't want to be dominated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships