Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 09:21 PM

88 posts, read 159,318 times

Advertisements

What I am wondering is, do guys really think, if they find a woman who does not fit the fat/uneducated/trashy/single mother type that has been mentioned on the site - say someone who appears not trashy, is fit, articulate, and educated - that she would really been interested in the lewdness they come with? I mean, REALLY???????? Because apparently, the lewd men are not approaching their female equivalent - noooo, they want to use their venom to ruin a good woman. I don't get it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2013, 09:38 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
I don't think I wanted to get laid bad enough that I would have asked if I didn't have strong suspicions they were going to say yes. Seems guys instincts are a lot stronger on this one than women. Or at least compared to mine. If I thought I was likely going to strike out, there's no way I would have asked.
Yea, its just the way it is, there is no sense in getting upset about it. You do the best you can to find what your looking for to the best of your ability until you run out of time then that's it. If your born with a crumby hand then your fighting an uphill battle and that's just the way it is sometimes. As a guy if you want to be having sex you just keep lowering the bar until you find someone.

Then see what adventures are there after death if any.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:41 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Yea, its just the way it is, there is no sense in getting upset about it. You do the best you can to find what your looking for to the best of your ability until you run out of time then that's it. If your born with a crumby hand then your fighting an uphill battle and that's just the way it is sometimes. As a guy if you want to be having sex you just keep lowering the bar until you find someone.

Then see what adventures are there after death if any.

Lower the bar slightly not too much because then sex is just nasty and pointless lol

Old 05-26-2013, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
Lower the bar slightly not too much because then sex is just nasty and pointless lol
Yea, you just hope you don't have to lower it that far. You want to inch it down until you start getting results. I don't know what I would do if I had to lower it too far, I have had some dates where I had to raise it back up a bit, those were some depressing times. No matter how much you think a relationship costs monetarily getting a hooker that is at least a 6 is going to cost you quite a lot to be getting as regular of sex as someone in a relationship, so much so that you probably could not afford to keep it up.

IF you have to lower the bar that far I would start looking into plastic surgery options, even if its 20-30 grand who cares, its either that or don't get laid.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:11 PM

382 posts, read 825,214 times
Women are sick and tired of men much older than them contacting them, especially when it says in their profiles that they will only date men 7 years or less older than them. I hear this over and over from my friends who do online dating. Despite what men think, women are generally not attracted to much older guys.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:20 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
Women are sick and tired of men much older than them contacting them, especially when it says in their profiles that they will only date men 7 years or less older than them. I hear this over and over from my friends who do online dating. Despite what men think, women are generally not attracted to much older guys.
So why don't they give men THEIR age a shot?

Old 05-26-2013, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divakat View Post
I have always contacted women my age or older and the results were all the same. I finally did get a GF but she was about the only one that replied to me in a favorable manner.

Even if they blocked older men I don't know if it would help any, unless 90% of a woman's inbox is from super old men and its causing them stop checking it. My buddy and I have thought about setting up a fake account with a pic of a woman who is about a 7 or 8 and see what the deal is. My suspicion is that maybe 25% at the most are from old men the rest are all within 5 years and there's just way more single guys than girls out there.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:26 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I have always contacted women my age or older and the results were all the same. I finally did get a GF but she was about the only one that replied to me in a favorable manner.

Even if they blocked older men I don't know if it would help any, unless 90% of a woman's inbox is from super old men and its causing them stop checking it. My buddy and I have thought about setting up a fake account with a pic of a woman who is about a 7 or 8 and see what the deal is. My suspicion is that maybe 25% at the most are from old men the rest are all within 5 years and there's just way more single guys than girls out there.
Never mind a 7 or 8, you'll be surprised about what an average woman gets, from what I read.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
Never mind a 7 or 8, you'll be surprised about what an average woman gets, from what I read.
Would be curious to see how many of them are from "old men" I bet its not as many as they make it out to be. IF POF is to survive as a pay site they will need to filter men by more than just age.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:37 PM

382 posts, read 825,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
So why don't they give men THEIR age a shot?
Are you in your early to mid 20's? Usually women in their early to mid 20's like guys 2-4 years older b/c they think they will be more marriage minded than a really young guy. I dated a 22 year old guy and I was 24. I broke it off because I wanted to get married and have kids, and I knew he was just too young for that. Once women reach their late 20's and older, they usually would rather date men their own age. Trouble is a lot of men are married by then---especially the attractive, educated ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships