Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 01:48 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times

Advertisements

they are just trying to shed the one night stand image they have. personally i think making the site not look like a drunk college student wrote it in a weekend would help more (maybe they have already, i haven't seen it in a couple of years)

+1 to dogluvr2013, I think they are grooming themselves to be bought like OKC was rather then going to become a pay site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 01:58 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
They should add some sort of looks filter too. Some of the messages I receive are atrocious, I don't even use it anymore but I keep my profile up.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:07 PM

2,427 posts, read 3,984,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
In case anyone wondered, that's not a dating site. It's an ad for some kind of juice drink, and I assume WPD is paid to advertise for them. (Either that or he is stupid, shilling for free.)
i believe it is like a rickroll, with less rick and less roll

Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,042 times
This guy needs a reality check. Who is he to tell me who I can or cannot date. This is exactly what he is trying to do. Whether some one is young or older has no bearing. A true relationship does not know anything about age. There are so many ways around what he is planning it is not funny. For example.. oops I made a mistake in my date of birth when I signed up.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:22 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Hoppelheimer View Post
This guy needs a reality check. Who is he to tell me who I can or cannot date. This is exactly what he is trying to do. Whether some one is young or older has no bearing. A true relationship does not know anything about age. There are so many ways around what he is planning it is not funny. For example.. oops I made a mistake in my date of birth when I signed up.

It's his site. If you don't like it, participate elsewhere. You're not entitled to free assistance in your love life.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:00 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,576,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
I doubt if anyone pays for it when you still have free sites like

Tagged
Craigslist
OKcupid
People pay for match.com when there are plenty of free sites. There will always be people willing to pay for something they perceive to be of higher quality.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:46 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Have any of you found a pay site that is better than OKC?
Just about any of them, starting with eHarmony and Match.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:51 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,546,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestPhillyDude75 View Post
This is a FREE SITE and the guy who runs the site is making it seem like it'a a pay site. Check out the changes below. He wants the site to be a relationship focused site

1. Any first contact between users contanining sexual references will not be sent. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted without warning

2. You can no longer contact someone who is more than 14 younger than you. Anyone who tries to get around this rule will be deleted

3. Intimate Encounters will go away in the next few months because POF will be all about relationships.

So I can no longer sent a woman a message who is 22 and interested in older shy men?? lol

As grandmom would say if she was alive today..............."Sounds like a pile of shet to me"
I can't say I would have a problem at all with #1. But it all sounds like they're trying to weed out some serious scum. Just find another site.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:52 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,600,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
There will always be people willing to pay for something they perceive to be of higher quality.
For sure. It's funny to me when people act like the $30/mo. or whatever (sometimes less) that Match or eH costs is some kind of huge investment. Compared to the cost of dating, not to mention the time investment it takes to do online dating, it's nothing.

The time I save from having a ton of high quality (attractive, educated, professional) women right there in front of me on a pay site compared to having to dig endlessly for the very few good ones that are on the free sites (and then hoping they pick me over the 500 other guys who emailed them that day) is worth damn near $30 a DAY, let alone a month.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Just about any of them, starting with eHarmony and Match.

Eharmony is too high. NEXT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships