Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 02:41 PM

5,900 posts, read 10,477,380 times

Advertisements

I look young for my age (look around 25, am 30) and now that im single for the first time in the long time i found i like OLDER guys better. Like over 35 .

Anyways, i guess the good side is that you could date both older and younger. I dont think i could be interested in a 25 year old, though, they seem like child to me. 40 year old, though, thats another story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 PM

855 posts, read 1,378,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm 27 but probably look 20-21 tops. Some still think I'm a teenager. My father is in his 60s yet people think he's late 40s. I still don't look like a rugged 'man', unless perhaps I grow out my facial hair, which I sometimes do, but that's not my look anyway.

At this age, I can date anyone 18 and up, and I seem to be meeting a lot of people younger than me. I notice a lot of guys my age look old, some of them like they're going on 40 lol.

It's a pretty silly thing, and of course it wouldn't decide who I dated, but i'm wondering if you think it makes sense to aim younger? I mean as long as they're mature age isn't a number: although 22 to 30 is my preference, but when I start dating again, hopefully soon, I'm wondering if I should focus more on the 20-24 year old cohort. In terms of relationship experience it would also make sense too. It's funny even with women my age, some of them treat me a bit like I'm much younger than them, lol.
Hahahaha what does 40 look like? I'm here and I've been carded more in my mid-late 30s than any time I've been legal.

I date smarter women, not younger or prettier in my older days. I date brave women who dare to be a little different. I don't see this mentality flourishing with the younger girls but there are some gems in this age group no doubt.

I love it best when a woman has grown into her curves, fills out her body and knows how to accentuate her best features. It's a huge turn on to see a confident woman dress well and compliment herself properly. Women like these pay attention to what their body needs and build their wardrobe accordingly.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:25 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,645,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
I love it best when a woman has grown into her curves, fills out her body and knows how to accentuate her best features. It's a huge turn on to see a confident woman dress well and compliment herself properly. Women like these pay attention to what their body needs and build their wardrobe accordingly.
^^^I second that.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by shortnblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
^^^I second that.
Good stuff! This highly explains the appeal of older, mature women to men of all ages. They have learned through trial, error and experience what makes their bodies look the best.

Old 05-25-2013, 02:37 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,950,501 times
Well when I was 45 and single I was dating a 37 yr old man and he did not seem to have a problem with it and he and i both had kids so we had some things in common our kids were around the same age which really helped . I think we dated maybe a yr but he had a demanding job and so there were alot of time I would be left on a friday and saturday night to do so that pretty much ended the relationship . I dont see anything wrong with dating someone a little younger than you if you look younger than your age . I think it is perfectly fine .

Old 05-25-2013, 02:38 PM

102,063 posts, read 106,870,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortnblack View Post
Hahahaha what does 40 look like? I'm here and I've been carded more in my mid-late 30s than any time I've been legal.

It's good to finally see a guy here acknowledge that women don't always fill out in their 20's, and that some bloom and come into their hotness later. Where were you when we had a rash of "women are over the hill after 26" threads? Some women are nowhere near hitting their stride in their 20's.

Old 05-25-2013, 03:07 PM

4,009 posts, read 6,825,479 times
It depends on the situation and the person. I'm 29 and my husband is 26. However, if anything, he looks older than me. Most people guess that I'm on the lower side of my mid 20s, whereas they've always assumed my DH was in his late 20s.

However, when dating each other initially- I didn't make a conscious decision to 'date younger' because I thought I looked younger! Like any other relationship, it just came down to mutual attraction and interests. However, we're frequently told that we 'suit' each other (physically) and things along those lines.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
It's good to finally see a guy here acknowledge that women don't always fill out in their 20's, and that some bloom and come into their hotness later. Where were you when we had a rash of "women are over the hill after 26" threads? Some women are nowhere near hitting their stride in their 20's.
LOL, you need my defense or justification? I've said all along that I appreciate maturity in women, especially those who can look past my specific "short-comings" that have been discussed in the dominant topic threads on this forum. Older women seem to look past my height and are curious to know what makes my heart tick. Younger women look at my height and immediately want to know what's wrong with me.

Mental maturity is just as important, if not more than physical maturity. Bodies diminish after their physical maturity and this is where a womans mind is her greatest asset in a relationship. The ladies who learn this early on have the best relationships in my experience. Same goes for the guys who understand that the body means nothing without the development of the mind at the same time.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 PM

457 posts, read 601,816 times
Given that I have the same issue as the OP, I'd have to say that it would be a good thing to keep in mind (dating younger due to looking young), as I do feel a bit of a stigma with women my own age or slightly older to have to "prove myself" given I'm 23 but look somewhere between 18 and 20. Many people who meet me ask me about 'school', if it's out, etc. when I graduated last May. It gets old, but more on point, it does seem like my best chance would be to go for a slightly younger crowd than your typical 23 year old.

Old 05-27-2013, 12:34 AM

9,005 posts, read 13,758,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaternum View Post
IME, most people who say they look younger, don't.
Yes,this is true.

What about the ones who look older?
Should I date an older man simply because I look older?

This kind of thing happened in my teen years. Older men were interested in me because they thought I was their age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships