Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM

5,472 posts, read 7,602,346 times

Advertisements

Yeah, if the guy is a wuss, than his chances are pretty slim to begin with. But overall i think your content is pretty solid advice. I think alittle more on mans body language could be useful as well. Straight posture, chin up, shoulders back, take up space, flirtatous smirk, constant eye contact (a must when talking), open and inviting body language, confident and assertive movements and most important feeling comfortable and relaxed....etc etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 04:47 PM

324 posts, read 440,935 times
I got that one covered along with some other topic I got in mind. Its coming soon. thanks

Old 05-21-2013, 04:54 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,936,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
some people might take this offensive. I'm just merely trying to help,I never said this is the guidelines that you must follow ,but an example.

is just giving some of the guys here a little tap by the magic wand, and I'm just providing the wand .
I don't find your post offensive, just silly.

Have you ever actually done any of that ? Or are you just regurgitating something you read somewhere ?

Old 05-21-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I have never stated that . Dont put words into someone else's mouth .

The meaning behind it is more broad then it seems . Please once again , if I offended you. I'm sorry

Just trying to point some guys into the right direction instead of leading them around the block down the street make a u turn and get lost at the end .
It would be better for them to engage in activities that get them in touch with people who have common interest than to try to be a random pick up artist.

Old 05-21-2013, 04:58 PM

I've done all of the above . And then some. In different situations of course but not entirely different from the scenario I've given

Old 05-21-2013, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
To be fair, he did acknowledge the 90% chance of being shot down. Are you suggesting that dates never happen from random encounters and exchanged digits in places that aren't bars? I think a 10% success rate is a reasonable estimate for an okay-looking guy who isn't creepy or obnoxious, reads body language relatively well, and approaches women who are generally "in his league."

The OP doesn't strike me as a PUA-type at all. A PUA d-bag would tell you they have a strategy that works every time, and would be waaaayyyyy less friendly and laid-back when it didn't work, because their fragile little egos would be destroyed. It would be more like the dating show a-hole the OP references.
10% success rate on the OPs strategy is way too high. Success rate is probably more like 0.5%, if that.

I'm not versed in what a PUA is, but the strategy the OP laid out definitely seems to be "the art of picking up random women".

Old 05-21-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
I've done all of the above . And then some. In different situations of course but not entirely different from the scenario I've given

Well, what's an example of an experience you've actually had, and how did it turn out ?

Old 05-21-2013, 05:13 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,598,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
10% success rate on the OPs strategy is way too high. Success rate is probably more like 0.5%, if that.
I don't know the OP, so I don't know his success rate, but I can tell you that if most of us got shot down 199 times out of 200 (0.5% success) in approaching women with simple friendly conversation, we'd have all given up and killed ourselves by now, and the species would have died off. 10% is not at all way too high.

Quote:
I'm not versed in what a PUA is, but the strategy the OP laid out definitely seems to be "the art of picking up random women".
It doesn't sound random to me. If trying to meet women through general friendly chit-chat for the purpose of dating is the definition, then all single straight males would be considered PUAs! PUA on forums like this refers to particular guys who use a very specific, highly manipulative, disingenuous formulaic strategy, not just any random man chatting with any random woman trying to ask her out.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:17 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,192,098 times
Lesson 0.5: Don't do anything, be the one from the outside looking in and see "all the messed-up fun" the rest are having.

Old 05-21-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Well, what's an example of an experience you've actually had, and how did it turn out ?
I have a few personal experiences that I am going to include in my next post .

To support my discussion of the next topic sorta speak.

Stay tuned
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships