Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 PM

324 posts, read 441,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
This thread started off a lil interesting, but the OP here is obviously someone that is probably considered more attractive than average.
Being an average guy myself, I can count on one hand the number of times in my entire life similar situations listed above have even gained the attention of a woman, let alone a phone number.
Well, I am no hunk nor a hottie .. hell , I'm an average minority, but that doesnt stop me from trying.

Learn to observe your surroundings.. time, location, setting that was my point is of the above post

This thread is not about my personal experiences but rather a heads up/pointer. I Dont want to sidetrack the purpose of this thread .. let's keep some personal questions by PMS. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
This thread started off a lil interesting, but the OP here is obviously someone that is probably considered more attractive than average.
Being an average guy myself, I can count on one hand the number of times in my entire life similar situations listed above have even gained the attention of a woman, let alone a phone number.
What does average mean though?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:17 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,938,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
Well, I am no hunk nor a hottie .. hell , I'm an average minority, but that doesnt stop me from trying.

Learn to observe your surroundings.. time, location, setting that was my point is of the above post

This thread is not about my personal experiences but rather a heads up/pointer. I Dont want to sidetrack the purpose of this thread .. let's keep some personal questions by PMS. Thanks

You must have dated dozens of women, according to what your posts imply.

Therefore, I don't know how personal a question it is to ask how many dates you had with one girl you brought up as an example of how your game works. What could anybody possibly do with that information to use it against you or anyone else ?

But fine, don't want to answer that, that's fine. Maybe off topic. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

But it is certainly highly on-topic to ask how it went from her introducing herself to you to you going on dates.

I've had women introduce themselves to me. But they weren't interested in dating.

So how do you get from a woman introducing herself to you in response to you being quiet and respectful when some other jackass won't take "no" for an answer .... to you going on a date with her.

How does that work ?

And I certainly don't believe your claim that you are only average looking if you have the "hot woman everybody was drooling over" approach you and give you her number out of the blue. As Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it probably isn't true" .

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdav View Post
How so ? If I followed your story correctly, your knowledge of where you were, what time it was, and "the setting" had nothing to do with these two women introducing themselves to you. You could have thought you were at Buckingham Palace in 1953 for all they knew when they approached you with you "doing nothing" being the secret to their approaching you.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:24 PM

2,279 posts, read 4,743,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Brushing hair off forehead is, at times, a feminine preening gesture, which means she's a little more likely to be into you.
Or her hair could be in her eyes, and annoying her.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:31 PM

So you got her name and luckily her number. What now ?

If you want to call, call.

Now, here's where we add a little disclaimer.

If you want to call, call. ONCE. Only ONCE. The phone is a wonderful creation. It has buttons on it. They correspond with numbers. If you press a certain combination, it rings at somebody's house. Everyone knows how to use one, including the object of your desire. Let her call you back. Unless, of course, you are calling someone who has no fingers, no toes, and no teeth with which to hold a pencil to tap in the numbers, I have two questions: A) What the hell kinda freaky stuff are you into? and B) Is she also your sister?

This kinda touches on the availability issue as well. Don't be TOO available. Don't sit at home waiting for a call that might never come. If she says, "Hey, I'll call you tomorrow night", that doesn't mean you sit at home waiting. If you don't have an answering machine, go get one. If you have a cell phone, don't constantly check it to see if you missed her call. In fact, don't give her a cell phone number. Give her your home number only. Don't have a home phone? Get one. Those cell phone minutes are valuable, and think of that cell phone as your new leash, pal.

At the same time, don't be TOO unavailable either, because she'll lose interest. What you want to do is pretty simple: Keep doing whatever it is that you would be doing if she wasn't in the picture. Because, let's be honest, if she's not in the picture yet. If she was, we wouldn't need this thread, would we?

Old 05-21-2013, 07:51 PM

I have her name and hopefully a number because I either
A) did nothing
or
B) asked her to pass the pickles

Wait a minute. How does that work again ?

Cell phone minutes are not valuable anymore (data transfer is what matters these days) and hardly anybody uses home phones, so your material is dated at best.

Secondly, you seem to have a very negative opinion of women, since you called her ability to call you on a cell phone her "leash". I think, if I understand the term correctly, this kind of puts you in the "Pick Up Artist" camp, even according to what's been said by some of your previous defenders in this thread.

I have a better idea. If you've got her number call her, leave a message and tell her your cell phone number in the message, and then carry your cell phone while you go about your daily life and answer the phone when she calls if you're not busy. Treat her like a human being who might be a friend to you, or maybe something more. Don't act like she's a "slave driver". Oh, and there's this thing called texting too.

Sheesh. PUA nonsense.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:10 PM

Thanks for categorizing me as a person who spouts out pua nonsense

Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wry_Martini View Post
Or her hair could be in her eyes, and annoying her.
This. I rock a ponytail some times, I know how it is.

....Playing with hair on the other hand...

Old 05-21-2013, 09:16 PM

Shouldn't have called it pua nonsense because I don't know what pua is.

But it doesn't make any sense to me.

But I'll quit posting on this thread because you just want it to be a monologue. I didn't notice that in the original post the first time I read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships