Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 07:44 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,526,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEnterprises View Post
There's your problem.
31 is old?? where do you live??? In the middle ages??

31 is like 15 these days, come on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 10:59 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,575,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
31 is old?? where do you live??? In the middle ages??

31 is like 15 these days, come on!
No its not. It doesn't really change the fact that her clock is still ticking the same way it was for women in the middle ages.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Have you ever been deeply in love?

Your posts so far give the impression you haven't, and I am wondering if that's the problem -- if you don't know what the thing you want looks like. Feels like.

Falling in love should happen within, I dunno, the first ten dates or so? (Help me out here, folks.) After that, the two of you should be unwilling to go more than a few days without seeing each other. You should be dropping by each other's work at lunchtime just to get 5 minutes together.

And if it doesn't look like things are headed in that direction by the third or fourth date, you should not still be seeing the guy.

Does this help?

Old 05-22-2013, 11:42 AM

6,126 posts, read 10,106,671 times
I could have written your post except I'm 29. I think dating is just really tough. It's hard to find someone you click with and who is looking for the same kind of relationship you are. I haven't been on a date since December. I did online dating for a year and had a string of month or two relationships that didn't end well. Maybe take a break and think about what you may be doing wrong. Now that I've taken a break I can see that I wasn't choosing the right guys to date. All the guys I dated showed signs right from the beginning that they weren't looking for a relationship, had too many other things they were working out (unemployed, too recently out of other relationships, etc.), but we had chemistry and I thought maybe my gut feeling was wrong and things could work out. They didn't.

I hope things turn around for you. 31 is hardly too old to find someone. You're still young! I can't believe some of the crap people say here.

Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM

5,209 posts, read 4,669,806 times
We already know you are shy and tend not to act clingy. However, how do you create attraction? I have been with shy women and while their shyness wasn't an issue, their passivity was. These women usually aren't very good at doing the things that keep a guy interested. And I'm definitely not talking about sex. A lot of women think just having sex with a guy will keep him around. This may work for a while but as you can see, sex will get old unless you are creating attraction.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:38 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
We already know you are shy and tend not to act clingy. However, how do you create attraction? I have been with shy women and while their shyness wasn't an issue, their passivity was. These women usually aren't very good at doing the things that keep a guy interested. And I'm definitely not talking about sex. A lot of women think just having sex with a guy will keep him around. This may work for a while but as you can see, sex will get old unless you are creating attraction.
I think it's a fine line you have to walk between keeping someone interested and being considered 'clingy'. I know plenty of guys that date girls for months and if that girl surprised them at work they'd be complaining that she was 'stalking' them and being 'super clingy' and that they needed their space. I was called too clingy by my ex because I made cookies and surprised him at work when he got a promotion....this was after 2 years of being together. His coworkers thought it was sweet but he refused to come out to the front office area to see me.

Hell, I know guys who say if their girlfriend calls them more than once a week that they're suffocating them. So, everyone's view of what is acceptable is different.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,993,765 times
Quote:
I was called too clingy by my ex because I made cookies and surprised him at work when he got a promotion....this was after 2 years of being together. His coworkers thought it was sweet but he refused to come out to the front office area to see me.
I think that is really psycho behaviour on the part of your ex. Did he turn out to be cheating on you?

Old 05-22-2013, 01:52 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Have you ever been deeply in love?

Your posts so far give the impression you haven't, and I am wondering if that's the problem -- if you don't know what the thing you want looks like. Feels like.

Falling in love should happen within, I dunno, the first ten dates or so? (Help me out here, folks.) After that, the two of you should be unwilling to go more than a few days without seeing each other. You should be dropping by each other's work at lunchtime just to get 5 minutes together.

And if it doesn't look like things are headed in that direction by the third or fourth date, you should not still be seeing the guy.

Does this help?
No, I have never been deeply in love.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:57 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,809,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
How do you create attraction? We didn't have a lot of hobbies in common but I was willing to learn some of his. For instance he was really into fishing and he had asked me to go with him the week I broke it off with him, so if that had come to be I think that might've turned out to be something along the lines of what you are referring to.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
I think that is really psycho behaviour on the part of your ex. Did he turn out to be cheating on you?
Yep, towards the end of our relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships