Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:40 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,980,276 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
I've read the Rules and skimmed Why Men Love B*tches. There is a lot about it that makes sense to me. I don't think it's about game playing or treating guys poorly. It's about respecting yourself and being confident in yourself and how you deserve to be treated. In the past when I really liked a guy I made myself completely available to him. If he called at 10:30 on Saturday night and wanted to see me, I made myself available. If he texted I would reply back right away. None of those relationships worked out - shocking! I don't think you should sit around staring at your phone waiting the "correct" amount of time to reply back or you should lie and tell a guy you're busy if you really aren't - the point is that you ARE busy. You have hobbies and friends and a life you are busy living so if a guy doesn't make weekend plans beforehand and tries to call you last minute, then you truly are already busy and he learns if he wants to see you, he needs to ask you ahead of time.

I think it's human nature not to appreciate what is given too easily to you. In high school all the rich kids got brand new cars from their parents. Did they appreciate it? Nope. And if they wrecked the car, their parents just bought them another. My parents refused to buy me a car. I got a job and I bought a Corolla. That Corolla might as well have been a BMW in my eyes. I worked hard to get it and I really appreciated it. Same thing with dating.
You got it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,980,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Have not read the book, but have carefully read the reviews and the many comments here on CD and elsewhere, and it would seem that the advice in the book can be summed up in one very brief statement; Be A Witch, spelled with a capital B. Did I miss something or did I, along with many others, get it right?
Most of the people who responded to this thread have not read the book...

The book isn't for everyone. A lot of people think the advice is old fashion and anti feminism. It got mixed reviews on Amazon.

Like Stawberi said though, it actually is about not being someone's doormat and that your time is too valuable on someone who isn't persistent who actually really likes you. If anything the author promotes people to have active lives already.

Again if your purpose is just to date, date, and date some more, go ahead and be the "hunter" and make yourself available at the last minute. My purpose is to X out the guys who aren't right for me. The right guy for me will be persistent and will do anything to make time with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships