Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:40 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times

Advertisements

I've always thought that if you had sex like every night, or like most nights, you might just get starting sick of it or it would at least seem less fun, kind of like having chocolate cake every day. If you did it say 2-3 a week at most, or even once a week, it would be more special. Maybe I have a low sex drive (I'm not like some guys who need to get relief daily or more) but I actually don't think I'd want to have sex that often. I also don't like the idea of sharing a bed with someone every night. I wouldn't mind even just having sex and then having separate bedrooms. I know that sounds strange and unromantic but i like my personal space. I'm not sure if I'll even marry. Of course I've never been in a RS or had regular sex so it's all speculation, but I'm just curious about this.

I actually have some medical issues (that I won't discuss on this board) but that's another story...but still, I actually find the idea of people having one or more times every day sort of strange.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:07 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
Can you have too much sex?

Sure, but it's never been a problem for me.

Do you get sick of it if you have it every day?

No.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 AM

1,871 posts, read 4,266,129 times
There's nothing wrong with having sex every day, but I think that would make a person pretty high on the libido scale. It's usually pointless to compare the number of times you want to have sex to the number of times other couples do because it's such a personal preference. I know a couple that has sex once every two months and they are happy. I think its best if your desires come close to matching the desires of your partner. A person who wants sex every day dating someone who wants it once a month is headed for certain disaster IMO. Yet it happens because often the low libido person mimics a high libido at first--then it falls off to what is normal for them after awhile. Trouble ensues.

As far as the separate beds are concerned there are some couples that actually do that. Don't let someone else define what *your* relationship should be--plenty will.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,958,363 times
This is where you see the differences in various people and their sex drive.
Can you have to much sex?
Personally, not really....
Do get sick of it if you have it every day?
not really....

I would add the following question to prelude the first two questions:
Are you sexually compatible with your partner?
If the answer is no, then I think it is possible the answer to the OP's questions may change.

Also, the OP mentions health issues. For people that are 100% healthy, physically and mentally with no severe hang ups, IMO, sex is typically welcome anytime and anywhere between consenting adults.
But if health becomes an issue, or mental road blocks occur, then frequency and satisfaction will absolutely be an issue.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:21 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I've always thought that if you had sex like every night, or like most nights, you might just get starting sick of it or it would at least seem less fun, kind of like having chocolate cake every day. If you did it say 2-3 a week at most, or even once a week, it would be more special. Maybe I have a low sex drive (I'm not like some guys who need to get relief daily or more) but I actually don't think I'd want to have sex that often. I also don't like the idea of sharing a bed with someone every night. I wouldn't mind even just having sex and then having separate bedrooms. I know that sounds strange and unromantic but i like my personal space. I'm not sure if I'll even marry. Of course I've never been in a RS or had regular sex so it's all speculation, but I'm just curious about this.

I actually have some medical issues (that I won't discuss on this board) but that's another story...but still, I actually find the idea of people having one or more times every day sort of strange.
Tri, you have no clue. This OP is utter nonsense. Oh well.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,469,507 times
It's very difficult to have too much sex - the body is self-limiting in that regard ... well, at least for men. I won't presume to speak for women!

As for getting sick of it? No. We've had sex almost every day (and quite frequently twice or more) for 13 years. I guess we both have a high sex drive and enough creativity to keep things interesting.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:33 AM

523 posts, read 840,141 times
No and No. I have found that the more you have, the more you want.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:38 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,047,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Tri, you have no clue. This OP is utter nonsense. Oh well.
Pardon Ruth?

Old 05-22-2013, 10:42 AM

1,503 posts, read 1,856,149 times
Sure, you can have too much - if you're missing work, your kids are neglected, or body parts are getting worn down.

Theoretically the answer is no, but there is of course a practical/physical limitation.

Yes, it's also true that having more = wanting more as long as the quality is there.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,521,024 times
The only thing you can get sick of, is having sex the same way every day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships