Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 08:42 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
I find that bulky, undefined muscle, doesnt appeal to too many people at all. I never understood why guys build these types of muscle, often never working on their abs and walking around with a little gut. I think lean, defined and cut is the way to go, and i dont think it needs to be anything extreme either. If you are building lean muscle, there is absolutely no benefit in lifting anything heavier than 25 lbs, ever, with the exception of bragging to other men that you lift this and that or can bench xyz.

When i started working out 3 or 4 years ago and turned alot of extra fat into lean muscle, the attention i received from women in general went through the roof. There was simply no comparison, and women who once rejected me, couldnt wait to ask me out. It was really that drastic of a difference. But the biggest benefits of getting in shape and working out, to me, were health benefits, and increase in self-esteeem and self-confidence. All three also heavily impact your game as a man.
.....lolololololol. Ah, man, that's great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 08:53 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,604,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
thats a great success story

how much fat did you lose and what do you weigh now?

how tall are you?

i'm trying to get bigger. i already work out and box, but i need to add another 3-4 meals. right now my body is more like this:

but ideally i'd like to look more like this

men who are built just seem to get more respect and have women touching their muscles. i think women like being slightly intimidated by a man as well
Im 6'2 and weighted 265 lbs with 35% body fat and completely out of shape. Within 6 months of p90x/x2 training, i was at 195 lbs with <10% body fat and in great health and physical condition. It was a pretty drastic change in a short period of time, but i had to change up my nutrition quite a bit to get there. Being a big guy, my goal was to cut rather than bulk.

Old 05-24-2013, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
.....lolololololol. Ah, man, that's great.
Its not my opinion, its a scientific fact. But i do know that for guys who almost **** themselves benching 300 lbs, its hard to accept theyre only doing it to impress their buddies, and build bulk which noone really finds attractive.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:16 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Its not my opinion, its a scientific fact. But i do know that for guys who almost **** themselves benching 300 lbs, its hard to accept theyre only doing it to impress their buddies, and build bulk which noone really finds attractive.
I see. Well, have fun with those 25s.

Old 05-24-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I see. Well, have fun with those 25s.
Oh, I do - use them all the time. lower weight with higher repetitions will give you much better results with building lean muscle.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:45 AM

896 posts, read 1,177,253 times
I am a woman and I lift heavier than 25s for certain exercise (back work, PC's and squats). To say doing so isn't beneficial is silly, but that said lifting lighter with more reps is legit as well. I personally do not wish to spend that amount of time working out.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:34 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraciousVox View Post
I am a woman and I lift heavier than 25s for certain exercise (back work, PC's and squats). To say doing so isn't beneficial is silly, but that said lifting lighter with more reps is legit as well. I personally do not wish to spend that amount of time working out.
Squats will change yours figure but not for good.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:38 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,226,412 times
Quote:
What about people who want to be strong.

Like not power lifter strong, but strong enough to at least sweep a woman off her feet and carry her.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
What about people who want to be strong.

Like not power lifter strong, but strong enough to at least sweep a woman off her feet and carry her.
I think heavier weights can help you increase strength in a more effective way. Heavy weights arent necessary for building lean muscle however. FWIW, i dont use heavy weights, because i work out at home, but have proven ability to carry an adult woman in each arm, all the way to my bed. Does that work?

Old 05-24-2013, 01:51 PM

2,386 posts, read 3,269,010 times
Quote:
I think heavier weights can help you increase strength in a more effective way. Heavy weights arent necessary for building lean muscle however. FWIW, i dont use heavy weights, because i work out at home, but have proven ability to carry an adult woman in each arm, all the way to my bed. Does that work?
Strength - heavy weight less reps

Endurance - lighter weight more reps

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships