Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:19 PM

324 posts, read 441,022 times

Advertisements

my opinion from my personal experience and knowledge

i always see guys asking :how do i know if she likes me?

See, that's where guys are screwed. If we like a girl, it's up to us to just go up, be direct, put our emotions on the line, risk the chance of getting shot down or hurt, and ask them out. I've always said that if women were the ones taking that risk, they would never turn a guy down again. They have no clue how tough it is to get up the courage to ask them out.

(Now, I know a couple of you are thinking, "No, man, I have no problem doing that." To that I say the following: Bull****.)

So, let's think of ways to even the playing field a bit, shall we? I know that getting shot down is all part of life's learning curve, but let's at least get the ratio down a bit.

First off: Are you playing with your league? No offense, but you need to take an assessment of yourself. If she's playing in Yankee Stadium and you're a bat boy in the bus leagues, chances are you need to lower your standards a bit. Not everyone is going to date a supermodel, ok?

Second: Do you at least have some sort of positive conversation going? By positive, I mean, is she not making the aforementioned look of someone willing to gnaw their arm off to get away from you?

*Let's take a brief detour. If she is constantly "uh-huh"ing you and not really adding anything to the conversation, the conversation is over and you are S.O.L.*

Back on point: You should be able to at least sense some sort of interest. One thing that is important is NOT to get carried away with how much you are attracted to her or anything like that. If you are interested, look for positive signs and go for it. Don't drag your feet, just suck it up and try.

*side note: Do NOT under any circumstances mention her to your friends until you've gotten the digits, or preferably until you've had a date. The reason? It'll make you look stupid if it doesn't happen, or, if she's a freak/idiot/psycho you can pretend it never happened at all. Plus, it's bad luck. *

So, what are some of the signs that she's interested? Glad you asked.

If she touches you a lot. (Noticably more than she touches anyone else) Unless of course, it's to shove you away.

Constant eye contact, lots of smiling, interested in keeping you involved in the conversation.

If she carves your name in her arm with a pocketknife. No, wait, that's bad.

Basically, it's all common sense. The difficulty is in judging whether she likes you as a friend or as in potential boyfriend material, and the easiest way to sidestep that one is to ask her out early enough in the game so that she hasn't decided yet.

edit*

inspired by other threads i saw... Just thought I would include it in here:

You and a woman are looking at the sky. She looks up and says, "Wow, the sky is pink." You look up at the sky, and, to you, it is clearly blue.

What you guys need to understand is that even though you see the sky is blue, she sees pink. It doesn't make her wrong, it doesn't make her different... It's just how she sees things.

The problem most guys have is that they can't step outside of their own thought processes. You expect her to respond how YOU would respond, because you are only familiar with the male thought pattern.

I'm not telling you to think the way that she thinks. You don't have to look up and see pink. All you need to do is understand that to her, it's pink. You don't need her to see it the way you do, you don't need to see it the way she sees it. Just understand the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 09:31 PM

2,472 posts, read 4,213,260 times
She tells me I'm attractive.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
He must be doing some 7 part series about male/female interaction.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:36 PM

324 posts, read 441,022 times
im about to write some short storys on my local news paper. just practicing

Old 05-22-2013, 09:46 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,623,707 times
Eh. I'm painfully honest when it comes to my feelings. If I like someone, they know pretty early on.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:52 AM

250 posts, read 399,889 times
Them fidgeting with something in their hand, or pulling on their own hair can be signs they think you're at least good looking.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:06 AM

9,131 posts, read 20,006,903 times
I knew my wife "liked" me when on our second date, during a movie, she got tired of me paying too much attention to the movie so she physically turned my head towards her and began kissing me. That continued until the movie was over... for about an hour or so!

In general, whenever your dating or seeing someone, both people are putting something on the line, or at risk no matter who is taking more initiative.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:06 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
They talk to you.

And sniff your crotch.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:49 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,827 times
I was extremely blessed and very fortunate to be told verbally by her on her end (twice actually in fact) that she liked me that way, and that she wanted to be "more than friends"...it really made my day; I was floating on Cloud No. 9 after that!!

Old 05-23-2013, 06:56 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They talk to you.

And sniff your crotch.

I can't go into detail about what my wife did to me on our first date.

All of y'all,

Go ahead, pass judgment on us lovebirds.

We were sluts and we love each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships