Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:35 PM

37,478 posts, read 45,740,039 times

Advertisements

My BF says that most men are just happy to be invited to the party. They don't care what the decorations look like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM

7,454 posts, read 13,397,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My BF says that most men are just happy to be invited to the party. They don't care what the decorations look like.
I agree, as long as the decorations aren't hideous

Old 05-23-2013, 10:38 PM

37,478 posts, read 45,740,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
I agree, as long as the decorations aren't hideous
If they were that bad, you wouldn't have gone to the party in the first place, now would you.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
If they were that bad, you wouldn't have gone to the party in the first place, now would you.
Correct

Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 PM

541 posts, read 939,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Some guys won't care, some guys will.

I've had a guy get up and leave just before we were going to get 'intimate' because my surgery scars on my stomach grossed him out. Men are extremely visual and some simply won't be able to become aroused if you have big physical flaws.
He is probably hitting himself now thinking why the hell did i do that. what a prick

Old 05-23-2013, 11:09 PM

541 posts, read 939,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamy87 View Post
I want to become intimate with a guy I'm dating but I'm self conscious about being naked in front of him, making "sex" faces(lol) and everything else that comes along with being vulnerable. I know it sounds silly, but I have a lot of negative feelings about my body. So my question is when men see a woman naked, or have sex with her, how critical are you of her body and it's imperfections--such as stretch marks, cellulite, scars, discoloration, etc. How critical are you of her when she makes "faces" or noises during sex? And have you ever been surprised at how a woman looked with her clothes off(compared to on)--such as have you ever thought that she might look one way and she took her clothes off and her body looked bigger than what you imagined or not as toned(how did that make you feel?)

The question is Do you take care of yourself? healthy lifestyle? exercise ? And also its all about self perception. if you are confident besides having the scars and he sees that...im pretty sure he wont be running to hills.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:24 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,591,666 times
If I'm with a guy who has a perfect body, or is naturally critical, I'd be super insecure (because I'm not perfect).

Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 PM

stretch marks, cellulite, scars, discoloration.....none of those phase me, again as long as its not hideous.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:21 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,804,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Some guys won't care, some guys will.

I've had a guy get up and leave just before we were going to get 'intimate' because my surgery scars on my stomach grossed him out. Men are extremely visual and some simply won't be able to become aroused if you have big physical flaws.
Wow! Where the hell do you find these guys? You're dating history is nuts.

I haven't dated since I was 22 and I not shy at all. String bikini's were my favourite thing to wear. My scars were badges of honour from skateboarding on half-pipes as a teen. Now, I have to keep checking with my 8 year old and husband before I wear a two piece. 'Are you sure I look okay?' A little cellulite on my ass, stretch marks on my lower abdomen, 5 scars from laporascopic surgery to take out my gall bladder and my belly isn't flat anymore. I miss my old body.

If I can bravely go out in public in a two piece, OP can have sex in the dark. Most guys are nice and not nearly as nasty as JetJockey's experience. Or at least the guys I dated were. Just, don't date @ssholes.

Old 05-24-2013, 12:31 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,565,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Wow! Where the hell do you find these guys? You're dating history is nuts.

I haven't dated since I was 22 and I not shy at all. String bikini's were my favourite thing to wear. My scars were badges of honour from skateboarding on half-pipes as a teen. Now, I have to keep checking with my 8 year old and husband before I wear a two piece. 'Are you sure I look okay?' A little cellulite on my ass, stretch marks on my lower abdomen, 5 scars from laporascopic surgery to take out my gall bladder and my belly isn't flat anymore. I miss my old body.

If I can bravely go out in public in a two piece, OP can have sex in the dark. Most guys are nice and not nearly as nasty as JetJockey's experience. Or at least the guys I dated were. Just, don't date @ssholes.
Well, when you've got enough unattractive physical properties you don't exactly get to date the cream of the crop

Honestly, I'm stoked when they turn out not to have a criminal record and they have a job. I have no idea what I'm doing with the guy I'm dating currently...he's wayyyyy out of my league. I'm enjoying it nonetheless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships