Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 02:50 PM

15 posts, read 33,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodKidMaadCity View Post
brah

eat some bread

thats what i did

and i gained weight quickly

also eat potatoes, pasta (i cant eat pasta because i get acne from it), yam, rice, avacados, coconut, peanut butter, all that stuff

how short are those guys?

i thought they were about 5'9.
I actually eat alot of rice, potatoes, yams, plantains, and even pasta from time to time. Google says Mark Wahlberg is 5' 8", he's a pretty decent actor by the way, I didn't like Contraband though.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM

72 posts, read 206,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayfun View Post
I actually eat alot of rice, potatoes, yams, plantains, and even pasta from time to time.

lol

same as me. i eat crazy amounts but only gain a pound or two

damn, we both have fast metabolism

i swear its a friggin curse

Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM

15 posts, read 33,054 times
Quote:
lol

same as me. i eat crazy amounts but only gain a pound or two

damn, we both have fast metabolism

i swear its a friggin curse
At least we're taller than most women, I can live with that

Old 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM

219 posts, read 436,102 times
Quote:
I've been thinking about this lately.

I've been slim all my life (its in my family's jeans), and the other day I was at the gym talking to this guy i see there sometimes and he said he noticed how much more attention he received from women after he put on weight a few years ago. Then he said if I bulk up I'll notice the same thing because being stocky is more masculine and dominaant.. and that being lean/skinny for a man is a bad thing because only women are supposed to be slim. Also he said in the dating world slim men are at the bottom of the barrell and are seen undesirable as fat women.

So now I'm determined to put on weight and look more alpha. This guy I was speaking to was pretty big (think of brock lesnar) and i'd like to look like that one day but it might not be in my genes cause all my family seen to be ectomorphs.( (I'm only 5 10 and weight 154)

so my questions are...

are women turned off by men who are skinny/slim?

does being slim hurt a man's chances when trying to attract women?

are there any men here who noticed an increase in female attention after they put on weight/bulked up?
This is the kind of stuff scrawny teenagers worry about, not grown men. DUDE! Man up! Don't be worrying about petty crapola! Women dig the tall lanky type. Some women like beefers, but not in the extreme. There's all kinds of ladies out there with all kinds of taste, so don't worry about it.

For success in life:
a) Don't listen to chumps, like the guy pushing his "dominance" line.
b) Accept yourself and enjoy life. Women dig confidence and guys who can show 'em some fun and spread some of that positive energy around. If you go around beating yourself up, how do you expect anyone to want to give you any time out of their life? Women want to have fun, laugh, talk about their life or work or ideas, and actually have someone listen and show they care. You can hadle that, can't you? Lose the loser rap. Life's too short to be comparing yourself to chumps and wishing you were one yourself, lol!

I'm slim, and I endorse this message!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:19 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
This is absolutely not true for EVERYONE. This post is probably written by a guy that doesn't have too much trouble packing on muscle.
The simple science is that not every guy can be a buff, or even built guy. A guy that is 5'10", 154 lbs and 22 or older will most likely be a ectomorph for life.
The only hope you have is that you don't realize it, but you aren't consuming enough calories a day. The only way to know is to actually count calories.

Many women consider me to be skinny, even though based off of medical ideals, I am at the high end of my proper height/weight scale. I think women are more attracted to a guy who has more weight. Even if that means that the guy has some pudge or a gut, it is more attractive than being 'skinny'. America overall is a culture that is mostly chasing the Hollywood standard of looks/build for men and women.
Now of course, America is also an obese society, so there are a lot of people that are not model types. That being said, I think for guys it is better to be a little bit overweight, than to be a little bit underweight.

I spent my college years literally consuming 3000-4000 calories a day. I ate spaghetti before bed time for YEARS. I consumed 50 grams of protein per meal and had snacks and protein shakes. All that, and I never got past 163lbs. And I wasn't an insane huge 163. The built and bulky guys at the gym actually thought I was a runner. I actually STOPPED doing cardio, because I didn't want to burn more calories than my body already did. Granted, I was in awesome shape, but in college, a 163 lbs guy was still on the smaller side of most guys at the gym, some guys at parties, and especially the athletes.

I'm not sure, maybe .. maybe not. I'm not going to negate what you're saying and say you're lying.. but what is true for you might not be true for the OP and what's true for me might not be true for the OP.

When I don't lift I get really skinney. Right now I'm 6'0 and weigh about 180 and I'm not strong looking and look skinny. When I lift, I lift really hard eat a lot and put on muscle quick.

My natural look is skinney looking, so the OP could very well be like me and actually gain size. You should see my brother, he looked like a huge wuss before he started lifting hard.. he put time into the gym and people accuse him of steroids.

The OP may never look like a body builder, but he might be able to put in enough effort to look really good.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:20 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,922,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayfun View Post
I actually eat alot of rice, potatoes, yams, plantains, and even pasta from time to time. Google says Mark Wahlberg is 5' 8", he's a pretty decent actor by the way, I didn't like Contraband though.
protein protein protein. beef, and lamb is even better.

if you have trouble gaining weight, protein shakes will be even more important than creatine. invest in whey protein and take it every day, that'll help big time.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:42 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,076,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe'sTavern View Post
I'm a skinny guy myself. The way I see it, some women will be turned off by it, and some won't. It's preference, just like anything else.
I see it the same exact way you do..I think there are folks attracted to fat,skinny,bulked up and everything in between...I've always been really bulked up but I'm not a gym rat at all..just in the genes and rough,heavy work since a very young age...I don't think I get any more or any less looks than a skinny dude does from women.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:51 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,923,501 times

or

Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 PM

1,514 posts, read 2,119,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well, 5'10" and 150lb is not too bad. Your physical attractiveness is actually based on a combination of criteria including muscular size, vascularity, leanness, proportionality, aesthetics, and rarity of body type, in my opinion. I played water polo in college, for this particular kind of sports, Aerobic Training is perhaps the most important. Obviously, endurance is the most important for this kind of sports.

Google Dave Mirra, the guy is only 5'9" and 155lb. He is the BMX Legend. Having as little weight as possible on your bike while still having the strength to perform tricks is crucial.

http://www.wallpaperpimper.com/wallp...1-1024x768.jpg
What does rarity of body type mean?

Old 05-24-2013, 06:16 PM

111 posts, read 223,556 times
I like skinny men. My top preference is men who are very thin, under 6ft, and have some bicep definition. I don't turn down skinny men just for being skinny. It's a huge plus if you don't hide under baggy clothing (seriously - if you're skinny, wearing clothing that doesn't fit you is going to make you look like a 15 year old who isn't sure what to do with his body. Not saying you do this, just that I see it occasionally).

I dislike 6 packs and muscles that don't look natural on people's frames.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships