Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2013, 12:32 PM

7,201 posts, read 14,916,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post

I can't handle going to the home of people who have too many indoor pets. All you can smell is PET...and fur and dirt? OMG.......everywhere!! Yuuuuuck!!
If you can smell the pets and you can see fur and dirt, that means the owner is a slob! BLAME the owner, not the pets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM

36,076 posts, read 30,581,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
I don't want to sound the crazy cat man, but I want 5 cats, with a sunroom built for cats.
Come and get some of mine. Im at 7 now.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,803,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by =^..^= View Post
If you can smell the pets and you can see fur and dirt, that means the owner is a slob! BLAME the owner, not the pets.
So the pet owners I've met were slobs?

Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM

Quote:
And this is the whole problem with cat haters. They want pets to GROVEL and obey. Can we say they're a bit of a control-freak? Cats refuse to bow down to them, to be controlled and try to please them so they "hate" cats. Cats don't give them the "satisfaction" they so crave.
My turtle doesn't grovel.

And like so many cat owners, that you fail to accept the possibility that someone doesn't like your damn cat, further proves my issue with cats. Thank you! Dog owners don't care if you don't like their dog. Too many cat owners just can't accept someone either doesn't like or hates their cat. Make peace with it lady.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:43 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,671,103 times
I'm a guy and like cats. Don't like dogs at all. Seems to me the biggest reason people don't like cats is because they can't control them like dogs. An absurd reason, but, what are you going to do?

I don't have a cutoff number as far as what would be too many, but I have noticed a correlation whether it be cats, dogs, birds, etc with a high number of pets = a smelly home. So, I guess that is what I'd base it off of. What is the hygiene level of the owner? If she only has 2 cats, but the place smells and looks disgusting, I'm out.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Not true, cats smell rank. Nothing like baby powder. Rank. And sometimes, you can smell the cats on owners. I hate that smell.
This is pure ignorance talking. They only smell rank and you should know better these days, when their owner is to cheap or lazy or both to have them neutered and scoop their litterpan twice a day. Why blame the cat because the owner is a lazy cheap slob?

Quote:
I've gotten to know cats, I lived with them before. My grandparents had two cats on their farm. I didn't like them as a kid. The dog helped us herd sheep. The cats were useless. My sister had a cat when we shared an apartment. A Himalalyan. He kept sneaking into my room. I yelled at him, he hissed at me and two days later that little f*cker would be in my room again. And obviously, I wouldn't hit an animal, but that disgusting thing kept jumping up onto the counters.
You never thought to TRAIN the cat not to? How is the cat to know it's not allowed there? You have NOT gotten to know cats.

Quote:
I was pretty close to hitting my sister. She thought it was hilarious.
It sounds like YOU have issues. Hitting your sister?

[/quote]Not funny, she shouldn't have got a cat knowing I never would have agreed to it. It was my name on the lease and I had to leave because it smelled like cat and I had fur on my couch and everything else.

Cats are evil.[/quote]

Don't blame the cat because she neglected it and the litterpan.

Old 05-31-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle43 View Post
Pets and children are burdens.
So are most jobs, homes, apartments, bills coming in monthly.....

Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileana View Post
Amen.

To answer the OP, I wouldn't date someone with even one cat. I grew up on a farm and love all animals, except mosquitoes, spiders, and cats. I recently dated a man with a cat, and never, NEVER again. The stink of the (cleaned daily) litter box in the bathroom and scattered litter all around it, the ankle-height dark stains on wall corners and furniture, the clawed sofa, seeing the cat jump up and walk on kitchen counters when I knew it had just walked through the litter box (eeewww) and their sharp teeth and claws, just ugh, I couldn't have such a thing in a house I live in.
Why are you judging all cats by one who is poorly taken care of? Litter boxes don't stink if they're scooped twice a day. It doesn't sound like the cat is neutered either. Only intact tomcats stink. If the man (or woman) doesn't take care of his cat, and apparently he doesn't - he probably wont take good care of any children you have either.

Quote:
Admittedly, I'm already biased against them: I don't like being awakened by fighting neighborhood cats at 3 am, or finding cat crap in my flower beds, or finding scratched paint on my car under catpaw-prints, or hearing my little girl screaming because she's gone out to feed the birds and there are *pieces* of dead songbird on our patio. I don't like the way cats torture little animals before killing them either, or that they seem to kill just for the heck of it, when they don't need to eat. That makes them nasty and cruel in my eyes. And they generally just seem creepy and sneaky to me, and the fact that their owners profess to "liking" being kneaded, bitten and scratched just seems insane to me.
Good grief! If cats were all that bad no one would want one or have one. Also, cats should be kept INDOORS so they can't harm birds. And they should be neutered/spayed. Doing what instinct dirests them to do isn't "nasty and cruel." It's nature and why cats belong indoors.

Quote:
But the biggest reason I'll never date anyone with a cat is the attitude so many cat-owners have toward others, which is evident right here in this thread. I have a large dog, and if someone doesn't like dogs, well okay I just send the dog down the basement during the visit, no problem. I never for a moment judge the person to be less than human, unworthy of my company, having a psychiatric problem, or being on the same level of a serial killer -- but that's the attitude I run into again and again and again with cat-lovers.
Then pick better quality friends. If someone comes here who is allergic to or doesn't like cats, the cats can be put in the back bedroom. Don't judge everyone by the friends YOU have.

Quote:
Why so judgmental? Many people are incompatible with cats for perfectly rational reasons, and anyhow don't we all have likes and dislikes? Disliking cats doesn't mean someone is evil -- or at least, no more evil than someone who judges a fellow human being so harshly, over something so dumb.

So yeah, monemi, I agree -- and if someone finds me unworthy of them because I don't like cats, well that's no big loss in my book. lol
I doubt quality friends would judge you or anyone else for not liking cats or any other animal. I personally don't like monkeys or chimps. I wouldn't date or marry a man who didn't like cats. And I found a wonderful husband who loves them as much as I do. There are plenty of men out there who love cats or at least don't mind them if the woman keeps them clean, odor free and has them neutered.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
This is pure ignorance talking. They only smell rank and you should know better these days, when their owner is to cheap or lazy or both to have them neutered and scoop their litterpan twice a day. Why blame the cat because the owner is a lazy cheap slob?

You never thought to TRAIN the cat not to? How is the cat to know it's not allowed there? You have NOT gotten to know cats.

It sounds like YOU have issues. Hitting your sister?
Not funny, she shouldn't have got a cat knowing I never would have agreed to it. It was my name on the lease and I had to leave because it smelled like cat and I had fur on my couch and everything else.

Cats are evil.[/quote]

Don't blame the cat because she neglected it and the litterpan.[/quote]

I'm not training someone else's cat.

On two continents and in many countries, I haven't met a cat that didn't smell. Are the humane society slobs too? Because their cats stink. All cats smell like cats. I don't care how clean you keep your cat, it still smells like a cat.

And again, cat owners need to learn how to back off and accept that not everyone loves their pet. I don't expect people to like my turtle. I didn't expect people to like my old lizard. No one HAS to like your God forsaken cat.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Why are you judging all cats by one who is poorly taken care of? Litter boxes don't stink if they're scooped twice a day. It doesn't sound like the cat is neutered either. Only intact tomcats stink. If the man (or woman) doesn't take care of his cat, and apparently he doesn't - he probably wont take good care of any children you have either.

Good grief! If cats were all that bad no one would want one or have one. Also, cats should be kept INDOORS so they can't harm birds. And they should be neutered/spayed. Doing what instinct dirests them to do isn't "nasty and cruel." It's nature and why cats belong indoors.

Then pick better quality friends. If someone comes here who is allergic to or doesn't like cats, the cats can be put in the back bedroom. Don't judge everyone by the friends YOU have.

I doubt quality friends would judge you or anyone else for not liking cats or any other animal. I personally don't like monkeys or chimps. I wouldn't date or marry a man who didn't like cats. And I found a wonderful husband who loves them as much as I do. There are plenty of men out there who love cats or at least don't mind them if the woman keeps them clean, odor free and has them neutered.
So why are you still harping on at those of us who don''t like your cat?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships