Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,310,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Why would you want to convince anyone that you have had one night stands? That just seems odd to me.
Because I like to be truthful and prefer that someone know everything, even if they don't want to believe it. I don't bring up or force the topic. I truthfully tell my number and they genuinely don't believe me and start asking a myriad of questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 09:56 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,615,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
If you have to take her out to dinner and buy her a gift then it's officially a date. There are women who will sleep with you without either of those requirements, and those should be considered the one-night-stand women. And it is unfortunate that some men are threatened by women who have had more partners than they have.
That makes no sense whatsoever. You have to buy a woman a gift and take her to dinner for it to be considered a date? Do you live in the 19th century? Women always have, are and will be judged more harshly based on their promiscuity. Female **** is an equal of male virgin in societies eyes. Have fun trying to defy human nature.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,956,506 times
I fall into none of those categories, but that's okay.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:59 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,615,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Maybe they are just telling you that? I believe Ascension2012 can tell as he said "walk into a room and spot the ONS." Just as we as ladies learn to spot certain types of men.
You guys can tell a player from a mr shy guy 35 yo virgin by looking at their shoes alone, nevermind observing their behavior or body language. Same goes for men. With experience, these things are fairly easy to pick up, even if there are few exceptions out there.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 AM

523 posts, read 841,154 times
Quote:
It can be either a true statement or a false one. 90% of the time it's a nice way of saying the man is really not interested in you. The "she's too good for me" excuse as to why he doesn't want to date you. If a man truly finds you intimidating, he is unlikely to say it but he will show it in the way he acts around you. As another poster said, a woman who is intimidating for one man is a perfect match for another, so all of this varies depending who is evaluating the woman.
Interesting. My best friend's husband said this to me, so I know he's not interested in dating me, lol. I wasn't quite sure what he meant.

I never heard this in terms of a man saying this to a woman to say he's not interested in dating her. Is it that he thinks he can't "keep up" with her "needs" as in she's too high maintenance or that she will trample him with her opinions?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:01 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,310,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You guys can tell a player from a mr shy guy 35 yo virgin by looking at their shoes alone, nevermind observing their behavior or body language. Same goes for men. With experience, these things are fairly easy to pick up, even if there are few exceptions out there.
How can you detect a girl who's up for a ONS?

Just want to see what the "signs" are...

Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 AM

523 posts, read 841,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Yep, true

Old 06-04-2013, 10:02 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,071,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The only thing I know right away by just looking at a man is simply

A. wow, he is sexy and handsome
B. Nah, not my type

Other than that, I am completely clueless about men.
We are all learning. I am not the type of woman who usually listened to her instinct on a man but I have learned the hard way to pay attention. It's a combination of instinct and more importantly PAYING ATTENTION to that instinct.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:03 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,684,682 times
1. False. If a guy knows she's slept with every other guy he knows, then he'd have to be desperate to still want to sleep with her, and if he's that desperate, then he'd probably will want to keep sleeping with her. Non-desperate guys will not want to sleep with her.
2. True. She's friendzoned because the guy is not attracted to her physically.
3. True. She boosts his ego when he's having a dry spell or feeling insecure about the women he really wants.
4. True. She also ends up with lot of male friends but for the reasons described.
5. True. It exists.
6. and 8. are the same, but only certain guys think this way.
7. True.
9. False. These don't exist but some guys fantasize that they do (usually cougar hunters and male feminists).
10. True.
11. False. If a woman has already had sex with you but doesn't want to much anymore, she could be frigid or she could just not like/want sex with you. Same applies if you've never had sex with her ever.
12. True. Not perfect but perfect for him.

Last edited by srjth; 06-04-2013 at 10:30 AM..

Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,935,035 times
Quote:
When a #2 gets dumped for a #1, it is usually because the man sees the #2 over time as a #6 pretending to be a #2. Then they want something easy. But I think most women are a combination of these kinds so what you see at first is not usually what you get. #1s sometimes are gold diggers (forgot what number that is) in disguise. A lot of truth in this chart but at a basic level because people are more complex than this. Where is the men's chart?
Yes let's find the man chart! Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships