Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:04 AM

1,839 posts, read 3,065,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Hmmm, interesting since I've never been approached for a ONS. I've always done the approaching. Seems to me if men knew, I would have been approached by someone at least once.
Do you give them a chance to approach or do you see something you like and go directly for it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 10:08 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,957,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read an interesting article online yesterday and I found it to be so true.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the following article?

The 12 dating stereotypes of women in a man’s mind

#1 The one night stand woman. To a guy, this is the girl who’s extremely easy to sleep with. She’s probably slept with half the football team or a department at work. This kind of a girl may think she’s sexually confident.

But to a guy, he’d think all he needs to do is take her out to dinner and buy her a gift, and she’d screw him in return. The sad part here is that all guys speak about this girl like she’s trash. They’d say they’d never hook up with her ever, but secretly every guy wants to sleep with her because she’s just so damn irresistible and sexy! [Read: 16 signs you're a sex kitten and loving it!]

False, Its mostly true until the 'secretly' part. It ISNT sexy. It is just easy. Everyone likes things when they are easy.

#2 The nice girl. The nice girl is a sweet girl that every guy likes. Guys like her company but don’t always date her because she seems like such a nice person. This girl usually falls straight into the friend zone because she’s too sweet, too nice and just too warm and friendly to date. She’s the friend all guys want, mostly because she’d give them the right introductions and the access to get to know other girls.

False, i'm beginning to think this was written by someone who has a bias in thinking that sex appeal equals value. I'm thinking sex appeal is overrated in this article so far. Remember, even nice girls have sex, so sex itself isn't THAT significant. IMO, any guy would love to find an attractive genuine nice girl. An average nice hirl to me has more value than an attractive something other than nice girl.

#3 The backup woman. This is the woman a man smooth talks and flirts with all the time. He occasionally goes out with her too, but he doesn’t really date her or fall for her. A backup woman is the woman a guy keeps as his backup, for days when he’s lonely or unable to get any girl to date.

She’s always ready to meet the guy at his beck and call, because she has a small crush on him already. And he takes her easy because she’s always available for him. To a guy’s friends, a backup girl is like owning a second car. The guy who has a backup girl is almost always looked up as a great dude because he gets a girl to date or make out with whenever he wants.

I donno. False.... again, this article seems to he written by someone who is warning women about PUA's. IMO, most guys aren't PUA's. Therefore, this seems flawed. Pulling off the hack up girl for a lot of guys is not easy, and not that common.

#4 The unattainable woman. This is the woman who’s so hot and awesome, a man shrivels up down there just thinking of approaching her. She’s extremely confident and attractive, and she has a great job. Most guys would never even dream of approaching her and would be happy just lusting after her from far away. She’s the kind of girl only really great guys approach, and most lower mortal men see her as a sexy but snotty *****. [Read: Are attractive girls really mean to guys?]

False... bad article....

#5 The woman who thinks she’s hot stuff. This woman is the butt of all jokes on a guy’s night out. Ever met a girl who thinks all guys are attracted to her or trying to hit on her wherever she goes *even though you know for a fact that no guy is actually interested in her*?

Well, this stereotype is that girl. They crave for a guy’s attention all the time, and pretend like it’s the guy who’s actually trying to win their attention. Guys hate women who think they’re hot stuff when they’re really far from it.

true.

#6 The high maintenance woman. This is the girl who can be a great date and a great girlfriend, but she’s just too difficult to please or afford. She’s probably the girl that’s born with a silver spoon or has been raised by aristocratic parents who have spoilt her with riches. She always looks like she just stepped out of a magazine photo shoot and is incredibly attractive, but she’s also out of reach of guys who don’t have deep pockets. And in most cases, she has no idea she’s high maintenance! [Read: 15 signs you're a high maintenance woman and don't know it]

Almost 100% true

#7 The off-limits woman. This is the woman a guy wouldn’t pursue or date even if he finds her extremely attractive. Confident guys aren’t afraid of stealing girlfriends when they get a chance, but if a girl’s dating his good friend, or if his single friend likes a girl, any good guy would stay away from her even if he finds himself falling for her. It’s just the way guys work, unless they’re backstabbers who don’t care about friendships.
False due to the bolded.

Sadly, most guys don't really have a code. Some guys respect the fact that a 'friend' has a gf. But usually only if it is a lifelong friend. Otherwise, friend or not, your 'friend' may try to interfere with your relationship.

#8 The gold digger. Everyone knows this girl. She’s the one who dates a guy only after evaluating how much he can spend on her. As a girl, you may not realize it, but there are more gold digger stereotypes out there than you think.
True, very true.

When a girl talks to a group of guys, but gives more attention to the guy who drives a sports car, chances are, in a guy’s mind, she’s definitely a gold digger. A gold digger isn’t necessarily a bad woman. It’s just that money is pretty up there in her list of priorities. Guys are attracted to gold diggers and do date them, but only if they’re smitten by them and don’t care about splurging on the girl just to keep each other happy.

This started true, then turned horribly wrong. Sports cars don't equal 'money'.
And guys are attracted to gold diggers...
C'mon

#9 Sugar momma. There are different kinds of sugar mommas. There are the rich older women who’ll splurge on a guy just to get into his pants. And then, on the other extreme, there are nice and sweet girls who’ll pay every time the guy and the girl go out to dinner *just to win a guy’s affection*.

There’s nothing wrong with being a sugar momma, but most guys don’t take these girls seriously or look for a long term commitment with them. Always remember, make a guy work for your affection by keeping him on his toes. Don’t try to buy his affection, it never works. [Read: How to make a guy chase you and get more interested in you]

Donno, I don't see these often. Hard to say, but the bolded seems flawed. So far this article seems to make dating and relationships based solely on 'games'. Advise for women on how to 'play the game'.....

#10 The guy chick. This is the friendly and yet, attractive girl. She’s definitely dateable, but her boyish behavior could put many other guys to shame. She’s into burping games and drinking bottoms up, and she loves a good game. Guys like the guy chick because she’s always fun to hang out with, and the sex is good. But after a while, a guy who dates a guy chick would always start to feel like he’s in a relationship with another guy, and not a girl. [Read: 20 secret things guys wish girls knew about guys]

This seemed true until the bolded. An attractive woman that can hang with the guys AND is good sex? Many many guys consider that the PERFECT woman.

#11 The prude. This is the girl who doesn’t like talking about sex, or anything sexual. She may be interesting to date, but her stuck up behavior could leave any guy bored of her. She’s too stiff, doesn’t like dirty jokes or doing anything reckless now and then, and definitely doesn’t like trying something new in private.

She may know everything about sex already, but she pretends like it’s such a bad thing. And this façade of prudishness that she portrays to the world could put any guy off because she’ll come off as a fake more than anything else. [Read: How to talk to a guy and make him like you]

True.

#12 The perfect girl. No guy really knows the real definition of a perfect girl because it differs from one guy to another. But if a guy likes a girl or falls head over heels in love with her, chances are, she’s the perfect girl for him.

But if you want a hint on how to be this stereotype and make every guy fall for you, for starters, learn to behave like a girl. [b] The only reason why guys are so drawn to women is because of how awesomely different girls are from guys. Smile more, laugh more and be more of a girl when you’re with a guy. Really, it doesn’t make you seem silly even if your ungirly friends say it does.[b]

True: this #12 is the best advise by far of this article.
IMO, this whole list was written by an either extremely bitter, extremely burned, or man hating woman.
I really hope women don't agree/follow this article.
Mostly terrible advise IMO.

12 Dating Stereotypes of Women in a Man's Mind - Lovepanky

Part of me thinks this article is satire.....

Old 06-04-2013, 10:09 AM

1,615 posts, read 1,966,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
That makes no sense whatsoever. You have to buy a woman a gift and take her to dinner for it to be considered a date? Do you live in the 19th century? Women always have, are and will be judged more harshly based on their promiscuity. Female **** is an equal of male virgin in societies eyes. Have fun trying to defy human nature.
No; you don't have to do either of those things for it to be a date. I was merely stating that the requirements for the first condition were wrong, and in my mind archaic.

Looking at your posts earlier in the thread... I've noticed you have some odd ideas about how the rest of your sex think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
To be perfectly honest, most guys only have 2 categories that matter.

1. A girl Id boink
2. A girl i would boink AND could see a future with

Difference between 1 and 2, is often girls level of promiscuity
I couldn't give less of a damn about how promiscuous a woman is, for one. Within reason, at least. Someone who comes home with a new guy every night is one thing but every few months? That's not a big deal. That happens some times. The difference between 1 and 2 is their personality. That should be a big 'duh'.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
Do you give them a chance to approach or do you see something you like and go directly for it?
Normally, If I'm attracted I don't hesitate to approach right away.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post
Interesting. My best friend's husband said this to me, so I know he's not interested in dating me, lol. I wasn't quite sure what he meant.

I never heard this in terms of a man saying this to a woman to say he's not interested in dating her. Is it that he thinks he can't "keep up" with her "needs" as in she's too high maintenance or that she will trample him with her opinions?
Hopefully your best friend's husband is not interested in dating you (But you never know )
It's usually that he thinks he can't keep up with her needs. She is a woman who has a lot going for her looks, financially stable etc. so she is assumed to have high expectations. Some men would prefer someone who doesn't have high expectations.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes let's find the man chart! Lol
NO, lets make one based off this chart!

What type of man goes with each woman?

(Srjth already started.)

(paraphrasing)Men who go with woman #1 are often desperate. Desperate for a ONS or desperate for regular ONSs.

It doesn't say #2 is unattractive. Maybe there should be a 2a and a 2b . . . What type of man goes with woman #2?

Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
Normally, If I'm attracted I don't hesitate to approach right away.
Confidence is attractive, I should work on mine instead of letting the men approach me.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:19 AM

5,460 posts, read 7,759,019 times
#1: Accurate, but not interested in, and will never be.
#2: Not accurate...IMO, this is perfection! *This* is exactly the kind of girl I like, in the hypothetical romantic sense
#3: Never had a backup gal; most likely wouldn't be interested in this either...
#4-10: accurate, but no interest here...
#11: acceptable and interested in, but only if she is also a #2 *and* has not already engaged in a lot of behaviors that would make her being a #11 be hypocritical
#12: for me, #2 is already #12!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:24 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,645,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AverageGuy2006 View Post
Part of me thinks this article is satire.....
Me too.

At the very least, it's written by someone who is narrow-minded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
I think all women are crazy anymore, so that list really work for me.
It's true!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:32 AM

1,341 posts, read 1,627,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I read an interesting article online yesterday and I found it to be so true.

What do you think? Do you agree or disagree with the following article?

The 12 dating stereotypes of women in a man’s mind

#1 The one night stand woman. To a guy, this is the girl who’s extremely easy to sleep with. She’s probably slept with half the football team or a department at work. This kind of a girl may think she’s sexually confident.

But to a guy, he’d think all he needs to do is take her out to dinner and buy her a gift, and she’d screw him in return. The sad part here is that all guys speak about this girl like she’s trash. They’d say they’d never hook up with her ever, but secretly every guy wants to sleep with her because she’s just so damn irresistible and sexy! [Read: 16 signs you're a sex kitten and loving it!]

#2 The nice girl. The nice girl is a sweet girl that every guy likes. Guys like her company but don’t always date her because she seems like such a nice person. This girl usually falls straight into the friend zone because she’s too sweet, too nice and just too warm and friendly to date. She’s the friend all guys want, mostly because she’d give them the right introductions and the access to get to know other girls.

#3 The backup woman. This is the woman a man smooth talks and flirts with all the time. He occasionally goes out with her too, but he doesn’t really date her or fall for her. A backup woman is the woman a guy keeps as his backup, for days when he’s lonely or unable to get any girl to date.

She’s always ready to meet the guy at his beck and call, because she has a small crush on him already. And he takes her easy because she’s always available for him. To a guy’s friends, a backup girl is like owning a second car. The guy who has a backup girl is almost always looked up as a great dude because he gets a girl to date or make out with whenever he wants.

#4 The unattainable woman. This is the woman who’s so hot and awesome, a man shrivels up down there just thinking of approaching her. She’s extremely confident and attractive, and she has a great job. Most guys would never even dream of approaching her and would be happy just lusting after her from far away. She’s the kind of girl only really great guys approach, and most lower mortal men see her as a sexy but snotty *****. [Read: Are attractive girls really mean to guys?]

#5 The woman who thinks she’s hot stuff. This woman is the butt of all jokes on a guy’s night out. Ever met a girl who thinks all guys are attracted to her or trying to hit on her wherever she goes *even though you know for a fact that no guy is actually interested in her*?

Well, this stereotype is that girl. They crave for a guy’s attention all the time, and pretend like it’s the guy who’s actually trying to win their attention. Guys hate women who think they’re hot stuff when they’re really far from it.

#6 The high maintenance woman. This is the girl who can be a great date and a great girlfriend, but she’s just too difficult to please or afford. She’s probably the girl that’s born with a silver spoon or has been raised by aristocratic parents who have spoilt her with riches. She always looks like she just stepped out of a magazine photo shoot and is incredibly attractive, but she’s also out of reach of guys who don’t have deep pockets. And in most cases, she has no idea she’s high maintenance! [Read: 15 signs you're a high maintenance woman and don't know it]

#7 The off-limits woman. This is the woman a guy wouldn’t pursue or date even if he finds her extremely attractive. Confident guys aren’t afraid of stealing girlfriends when they get a chance, but if a girl’s dating his good friend, or if his single friend likes a girl, any good guy would stay away from her even if he finds himself falling for her. It’s just the way guys work, unless they’re backstabbers who don’t care about friendships.

#8 The gold digger. Everyone knows this girl. She’s the one who dates a guy only after evaluating how much he can spend on her. As a girl, you may not realize it, but there are more gold digger stereotypes out there than you think.

When a girl talks to a group of guys, but gives more attention to the guy who drives a sports car, chances are, in a guy’s mind, she’s definitely a gold digger. A gold digger isn’t necessarily a bad woman. It’s just that money is pretty up there in her list of priorities. Guys are attracted to gold diggers and do date them, but only if they’re smitten by them and don’t care about splurging on the girl just to keep each other happy.

#9 Sugar momma. There are different kinds of sugar mommas. There are the rich older women who’ll splurge on a guy just to get into his pants. And then, on the other extreme, there are nice and sweet girls who’ll pay every time the guy and the girl go out to dinner *just to win a guy’s affection*.

There’s nothing wrong with being a sugar momma, but most guys don’t take these girls seriously or look for a long term commitment with them. Always remember, make a guy work for your affection by keeping him on his toes. Don’t try to buy his affection, it never works. [Read: How to make a guy chase you and get more interested in you]

#10 The guy chick. This is the friendly and yet, attractive girl. She’s definitely dateable, but her boyish behavior could put many other guys to shame. She’s into burping games and drinking bottoms up, and she loves a good game. Guys like the guy chick because she’s always fun to hang out with, and the sex is good. But after a while, a guy who dates a guy chick would always start to feel like he’s in a relationship with another guy, and not a girl. [Read: 20 secret things guys wish girls knew about guys]

#11 The prude. This is the girl who doesn’t like talking about sex, or anything sexual. She may be interesting to date, but her stuck up behavior could leave any guy bored of her. She’s too stiff, doesn’t like dirty jokes or doing anything reckless now and then, and definitely doesn’t like trying something new in private.

She may know everything about sex already, but she pretends like it’s such a bad thing. And this façade of prudishness that she portrays to the world could put any guy off because she’ll come off as a fake more than anything else. [Read: How to talk to a guy and make him like you]

#12 The perfect girl. No guy really knows the real definition of a perfect girl because it differs from one guy to another. But if a guy likes a girl or falls head over heels in love with her, chances are, she’s the perfect girl for him.

But if you want a hint on how to be this stereotype and make every guy fall for you, for starters, learn to behave like a girl. The only reason why guys are so drawn to women is because of how awesomely different girls are from guys. Smile more, laugh more and be more of a girl when you’re with a guy. Really, it doesn’t make you seem silly even if your ungirly friends say it does.

12 Dating Stereotypes of Women in a Man's Mind - Lovepanky
I couldn't even read it all, it's such a joke. Stopped at #2 and randomly checked some other things, it got dumber and dumber and I just stopped trying to even read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships