Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 10:36 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,236,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
How can you detect a girl who's up for a ONS?

Just want to see what the "signs" are...

Probably the same kind of signs that betray when she's faking an orgasm: Nothing most men can figure out, despite what certain wanna-be lotharios say.

At any rate, I'll claim everything but #3 (Back-Up Woman) and #8 (Gold-digger) with no skin off my back. I think most women are capable of all of them given the right set of circumstances.

Which is to say that stereotyping is a fool's game. People just aren't that one-dimensional.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 10:39 AM

523 posts, read 841,723 times
You can apply this list to guys too with a little tweaking:

#1 One Night Stand Guy - A hot man that you would hook up with but is not marriage material
#2 The nice guy- He thinks he is the nice guy and pretends to be the nice guy, but is just bitter inside that he can't date hot women
#3 The backup Guy - A man you can call on short notice to take you out. The woman thinks he's fun but not long term material.
#4 The unattainable guy - Mr. Big
#5 The guy who thinks he's hot stuff - but he's really not (wears gold chains?)
#6 The Needy guy - needs constant reassurance that you need him/want him. A drain on your time and energy
#7 - Off- limits Guy - your best friend's husband/bf
#8 - The gold digger - Yes, there are male gold diggers
#9 -Sugar Daddy - we all know what this is
#10 The metro - the "cute" guy, straight but with some smoother edges and feminine qualities
#11 The Stiff Office guy - boring but may be marriage material
#12 - the Perfect Guy - the one that is perfect for you

Old 06-04-2013, 10:40 AM

1,340 posts, read 1,634,063 times
OK, gave my best, decided to read the silly stuff and here's a verdict - it's nonsense. Don't believe everything you read in Cosmo or such magazines... especially in such magazines.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,970,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
It can be either a true statement or a false one. 90% of the time it's a nice way of saying the man is really not interested in you. The "she's too good for me" excuse as to why he doesn't want to date you. If a man truly finds you intimidating, he is unlikely to say it but he will show it in the way he acts around you. As another poster said, a woman who is intimidating for one man is a perfect match for another, so all of this varies depending who is evaluating the woman.
Very very few women are 'intimidating'.
Usually that phrase means IMO that the women is extremely cold, or extremely unapproachable.
She isn't really 'intimidating', it's more of a "DON'T approach me" vibe.

And since I enjoy fear and a challenge, sometimes I approach the truly intimidating women just to satisfy myself. It's a fun little rush.
The truly intimidating women are the ones you know is attractive enough, smart enough, and successful enough to have ANY guy she wants. That is intimidating.

There is a word for what some people sometimes refer to as 'intimidating'... although it doesn't always apply.

Old 06-04-2013, 10:49 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,708,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogluvr2013 View Post

#1 One Night Stand Guy - A hot man that you would hook up with but is not marriage material
#2 The nice guy- He thinks he is the nice guy and pretends to be the nice guy, but is just bitter inside that he can't date hot women
#3 The backup Guy - A man you can call on short notice to take you out. The woman thinks he's fun but not long term material.
#6 The Needy guy - needs constant reassurance that you need him/want him. A drain on your time and energy
#10 The metro - the "cute" guy, straight but with some smoother edges and feminine qualities
Should have made a thread out of this.

Of this list, I'd be drawn towards #6, 7, 11, 12.
Obviously 12 is the best.

Good thing men and women are more fluid than these lists imply!

Old 06-04-2013, 10:53 AM

523 posts, read 841,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Should have made a thread out of this.

Of this list, I'd be drawn towards #6, 7, 11, 12.
Obviously 12 is the best.

Good thing men and women are more fluid than these lists imply!
Really #7?

Old 06-04-2013, 11:01 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,819,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Some can hide it better than others, but guys can pick up on subtle behaviors and body language to be able to tell in most cases. Trust me, I can walk into any room and pinpoint ONS type girls within a minute.
BS. I can count on one hand how many guys I've slept with and one was a ONS. When I was single, my date's odds for getting laid weren't very good.

Men and women don't fit into nice little categories. Before I even became sexually active, the amount of times I got called a **** was ridiculous.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:06 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,317,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
BS. I can count on one hand how many guys I've slept with and one was a ONS. When I was single, my date's odds for getting laid weren't very good.

Men and women don't fit into nice little categories. Before I even became sexually active, the amount of times I got called a **** was ridiculous.
Agree with this. Some women who are not easy/promiscuous can be perceived as the opposite or vice versa (my case).

Old 06-04-2013, 11:17 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,981,134 times
Quote:

I usually fall for 4's.(damn romantic. Lol)
I like 6's because he admits he isn't all that. But likes the fact you think he is.
I like 10's too. Had a few guy friends like this. My best guy friend is like this. I kill bugs for him. Lmao!
I like 11's because they are usually nerds.
Haven't found a 12 but a few came close.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:19 AM

15,013 posts, read 21,708,909 times
Quote:
Really #7?
Ive actually never found any of my friends bfs/husbands attractive for some reason but i took #7 to mean someone attractive but taken. That doesn't mean I'd do anything about my attraction to them but attractive is attractive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships