Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2013, 11:21 PM

12 posts, read 18,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastwomanstanding View Post
I know. What one person thinks is plain is wonderful to another. What do you find attractive in men? What would make a man a 10?
To me a 10 is a man that is kind, smart, considerate, not a pervert, faithful, doesn't stare at other women with drool hanging out of his mouth, not a sexist, not an abuser, and treats me like a princess.

I have dated men and people have asked me why I am dating them because they are "ugly." It was because of the above reasons.

Looks fade, but good people (usually) will always be good people.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 11:29 PM

12 posts, read 18,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
I agree. There are some women I am extremely attracted to, some I'm attracted to somewhat, and some I'm not attracted to at all. And, it can depend on the day, on what she's wearing, what kind of mood I'm in. ...
I feel the same way. One time I saw an actor in a movie and found him really attractive. A few months later I watched the same movie and didn't think anything of the guy. Not sure why that is.

I've also changed my opinion of someone's looks if I find out he is a complete jerk. He will actually appear ugly to me.

Old 06-06-2013, 11:37 PM

752 posts, read 1,164,295 times
Quote:
What do you look at when considering a man a certain number and a woman a certain number? I have gathered height is more important for men than women, women are easier able to get away with being short for example. Though it seems men are more able to get away with being older even if it results in grey hair, for example. Weight? Do men care more about a woman's body or face? How important is hair for each sex? And on the body, do men care about breasts more than anything so if a woman has big ones (for example) does that get her more highly rated even if the breasts are fake? How do you calculate this number for men and women and how does male or female figure in with different traits?
I can't care less about breasts. About face and hair too. Tall, athletic, pale skin, broad shoulders and hips, rounded hips. It is what I count. But it is just me.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:54 AM

4,463 posts, read 6,226,427 times
Its very important to know your own number so that your not over shooting on who you are looking for, that could lead to a lot of failure and frustration.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:52 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its very important to know your own number so that your not over shooting on who you are looking for, that could lead to a lot of failure and frustration.
Yeah, guys here are talking about seeing 10s out and about in Iowa. This means they have no clue what a a five is let alone a 10.

anything above a 7 in looks is extremely rare in all but the major cites in the right spots...

Old 06-07-2013, 10:01 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
It's ridiculous how obsessed everyone is with a 1-10 scale on rating attractiveness.

ITS ALL SUBJECTIVE!!!!!! WE ALL THINK DIFFERENTLY AND WE RATE WOMEN ON DIFFERENT LEVELS!!!
Normally, I'd rate this post a 3...4 at the most, but if I was drunk it might seem better.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:51 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,374,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdinmigration View Post
Me. I'm a 10.

Everybody should think of themselves as a 10.
No, they shouldn't. Then they won't be willing to make any improvements. Maybe that's why we are one of the most obese countries in the world, it's so common for people to think it's OK to be fat. Then you get all these girls saying curves are sexy. When in reality, it seems like 90% of girls saying this are obese or at least overweight.

Look up Rosa Acosta. She has CURVES

There are girls looking like Rosie O'Donnel saying, "ooooh my curves are sexy, just like Marilyn Monroe, curves are in" Trying to boost their own self image and make it seem like they are the norm. Instead of exercising and eating right, they would rather try and make themselves seem better, or bring more people to their level.

Quote:
Confidence goes a long way for both sexes.
So does being realistic. Some men and women have far TOO much confidence, which can be one of the most major turn offs.

I've known some unattractive girls that acted like they were elite super models. While they could be good friends or even datable still with a normal attitude, they have this "my **** don't stink." attitude..

Then, what's even more amusing. Is the girls like this that thing that just because they can get a lot of guys to sleep with them, they must be super hot. NEWS FLASH. Guys are dogs. Tons of guys will put their thing in anything with a whole. Being a girl and having a lot of guys sleep with you does not mean you are wanted.

They confuse having guys want to sleep with them, with guys wanting to date/spend their lives with them....

The last 2 paragraphs in my opinion are not "as" true for guys. I don't think it's as easy for guys to get laid as it is for females, even IF they lower their standards..

Example - Girls is a 7, if she propositioned 10 guys, that were 5's, for sex, a lot would say yes. Maybe 6 or 7?

If a guy is a 7, and he propositioned 10 girls, that were 5's, for sex, he would probably be lucky to get 1 or 2...

Old 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
What do you look at when considering a man a certain number and a woman a certain number? I have gathered height is more important for men than women, women are easier able to get away with being short for example. Though it seems men are more able to get away with being older even if it results in grey hair, for example. Weight? Do men care more about a woman's body or face? How important is hair for each sex? And on the body, do men care about breasts more than anything so if a woman has big ones (for example) does that get her more highly rated even if the breasts are fake? How do you calculate this number for men and women and how does male or female figure in with different traits?
Anyone that has a nice face to me is a 10.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:25 PM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Anyone that has a nice face to me is a 10.
Atta gal

Old 06-07-2013, 02:31 PM

354 posts, read 617,691 times
I rate myself a 10!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships