Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:51 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Crabcakes View Post
Everyone just has luck in different areas. I know people who are lucky in love and never have to deal with dating hiccups. Others who are lucky in work and are highly successful. Others are lucky in money, health, family, friends, popularity, etc.

We're all dealt different cards.
Wow! This is a great post! I agree completely but it's sad for those of us who don't have much luck in any area... Surely someone can relate to this. I get little flashes of good luck here and there but nothing that ever moves me up to the "next level". It's tiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 09:56 PM

1,233 posts, read 1,783,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I have two educated guesses about this.

1. Some people just have lucky horseshoes stuck up their on a permanent basis.

YES! But lucky people usually can't see how lucky they are and they assume the world just works that way for everybody.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
Wow! This is a great post! I agree completely but it's sad for those of us who don't have much luck in any area... Surely someone can relate to this. I get little flashes of good luck here and there but nothing that ever moves me up to the "next level". It's tiring.
Be glad you don't have bad luck...

Old 06-08-2013, 01:49 AM

1,552 posts, read 3,168,520 times
99 pct of guys don't want to wait for marriage for sex

Old 06-08-2013, 03:11 AM

1,754 posts, read 2,468,509 times
If having a positive attitude and being outgoing are "luck", then yes some people are just luckier.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:15 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VX5650 View Post
YES! But lucky people usually can't see how lucky they are and they assume the world just works that way for everybody.
Great observation! I've known some really lucky people in my life and they really don't seem to appreciate how charmed their lives are even though evidence of the struggles of others surround them. I wish I knew why life is so easy for some people, but I don't. I figure the rest of us just have to work harder, be smarter, treat others as we'd like to be treated, perform random acts of kindness, smile, and fight through the hard times with as much grace and goodwill as we can muster. Best wishes.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:39 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
Great observation! I've known some really lucky people in my life and they really don't seem to appreciate how charmed their lives are even though evidence of the struggles of others surround them. I wish I knew why life is so easy for some people, but I don't. I figure the rest of us just have to work harder, be smarter, treat others as we'd like to be treated, perform random acts of kindness, smile, and fight through the hard times with as much grace and goodwill as we can muster. Best wishes.
How do you know how easy or hard things are for people? You don't know everything about them.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:03 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,673,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
How do you know how easy or hard things are for people? You don't know everything about them.
In general, I don't. Sorry, I should have clarified. The people I was referring to are people I am very close to - that's how I know. As for strangers and casual acquaintances, I have no idea and don't presume to.

Old 06-08-2013, 07:41 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,811,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
In general, I don't. Sorry, I should have clarified. The people I was referring to are people I am very close to - that's how I know. As for strangers and casual acquaintances, I have no idea and don't presume to.
Appreciated. My husband has college friends who went into the same field as him. Most never managed to get the first job in the field and others had their careers stall. Out of about 30 that he still has contact with, there are only a few that got into the field. They'll go on about how lucky he was. But I didn't see them put in the same effort and risk he took to get into his career. When we started out, we invited them to join us. They said it was too risky and bowed out. They can't just call him lucky when he worked hard and was willing to take the chances necessary to get where he is. They had a choice. There was some luck involved, but a lot of hard work and creativity too. If you never stand out from the crowd, you don't get lucky.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:32 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,290,265 times
some people are better at coming across as confident and comfortable socially than others

women have less excuse then men however , if a woman cant get a man , chances are she has some hang up about sex , frigid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships