Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 03:33 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times

Advertisements

I would just come out and tell her that you don't like being the first one to initiate contact.
Or tell her at the end of one of your conversations, "Text me later when you get a chance, we'll talk"
Me, I'm too old for these silly games. I'm glad texting wasn't a thing when I was younger LOL. I had no problem calling a dude. I gave up on people who did this sort of crap. I'd lay it out there, and if she wasn't going to make the effort, I'd move on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 04:25 PM

551 posts, read 1,122,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Just my two cents.
Lmao

Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,652,905 times
I'm not feeling like this girl likes you enough. I'm sorry.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:00 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonMartinNY View Post
The question is for you girls that actually would do this. She's pissing me off only because I like her, otherwise I wouldn't care (Well i am very close to not caring).

How do you get caught staring at a guy, give him your number, give him a nickname, laugh at his jokes, let him put his arm around you, listen in on his convos with other people and never manage to text them first as time goes by? When I text her it goes good btw. Last time I had enough and we went without texting for 3 weeks.

This girl seems shy around me (not interested most times) and im sure i've done enough for her to get passed the BS... never did I see a girl act like this yet request for the guy to be talkative with her in person. She just acts very usual, doesn't know what to say or do.

Every girl that has liked me makes sure that we talk. Yes, I even dealt with shy ones and they opened up.... she on the other hand is ridiculous and im about to be done with it. Somebody tell me what going on? There is other girls I have around but when it comes to the one I like, I like them strongly. I hate when I get like this with something that aint mine.
eh, my son is like that, cannot stand cell phones or landlines but will *** all night in person, he does not do email either and pretty much hates all technology. I myself would not take it personally but I know how my son is so it is not a surprise or an issue at all.

Old 06-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Just my two cents.
Nailed it. --

Old 06-08-2013, 05:58 PM

551 posts, read 1,122,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Nailed it. --
You guys should check out my old post..... Here I posted most of the negatives. No girl that doesn't like you would do what she did. This is why its confusing to me but I deleted her number, screw it.

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...-like-you.html

Old 06-08-2013, 06:18 PM

79 posts, read 85,658 times
Quote:
The question is for you girls that actually would do this. She's pissing me off only because I like her, otherwise I wouldn't care (Well i am very close to not caring).

How do you get caught staring at a guy, give him your number, give him a nickname, laugh at his jokes, let him put his arm around you, listen in on his convos with other people and never manage to text them first as time goes by? When I text her it goes good btw. Last time I had enough and we went without texting for 3 weeks.

This girl seems shy around me (not interested most times) and im sure i've done enough for her to get passed the BS... never did I see a girl act like this yet request for the guy to be talkative with her in person. She just acts very usual, doesn't know what to say or do.

Every girl that has liked me makes sure that we talk. Yes, I even dealt with shy ones and tPhey opened up.... she on the other hand is ridiculous and im about to be done with it. Somebody tell me what going on? There is other girls I have around but when it comes to the one I like, I like them strongly. I hate when I get like this with something that aint mine.
Well, personally if I had to put up with this from a man I would be moving on. I don't recall ever having an issue initiating a conversation through text, I find it easier than talking

Old 06-08-2013, 06:23 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,202,346 times
Quote:

Every girl that has liked me makes sure that we talk. Yes, I even dealt with shy ones and they opened up.... she on the other hand is ridiculous and im about to be done with it. Somebody tell me what going on? There is other girls I have around but when it comes to the one I like, I like them strongly. I hate when I get like this with something that aint mine.

Ever stop to consider that she doesn't like texting? I can't stand it, myself. It's just content-free speech, linguistic clutter that interrupts my day for nothing important. I currently don't have a cell phone, and I really don't miss it. (Actually dreading having to get one for some upcoming travel.) If my SO wants to send me a picture or a link, he emails it or sends it on Facebook. Otherwise, if he wants to say hi or see how my day is going, he picks up the phone and he calls.

I'll probably catch flack for this, but texting is garbage communication, about as good for a relationship, or budding relationship, as bacon double cheeseburgers are for your heart. Your anger and willingness to potentially lose out on someone you really like over it is proof of just how detrimental it is.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,782 times
I think that if the two of you went three weeks without contact, both of you can get along without the other. It seems that she might be the kind of person that just likes a guy to chase after her, won't tell him that she's not interested and won't give him the time of day.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:23 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,070,743 times
Quote:
Just my two cents.
Is THIS why you kept nudging me to DM you the other day?

Just checkin' to see if I'm interested huh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships