Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 12:05 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PI2070 View Post
I'm pretty sure I won't find that.

What I do hope to find is one that accepts it and supports me.

That's my kind of woman.

If she wants to learn, I'm better then anyone she will pay to teach her.

She won't get flustered and quit because some hardass is yelling at her and her novice mistakes. lol

Hey, that's my wife "hammerhead"..."meathead"...lol

Kick him in the nards honey...he deserves it. lol
Really?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 12:06 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
The issue is not lack of funds, because there are many things to do that are low cost. But, I remember meeting a man, who said he liked to ride bikes...great. We met for a bike ride. My idea of a bike ride, is cruising, maybe a few miles, stopping for beer. His idea of a "bike ride" was going for a fast ride, long, hard, grueling, hours...Sure, we had the same "interest" but at completely different levels. He went on his merry way, to find a triathalon competetion level bike rider.

I don't think that different interests get in the way of a relationship...but, I sure learned a lot about guns, and gun shows when I was married, same as my ex, went to cat shows, and bead shows. We did things together...we went shooting, I learned how to shoot, he learned that I was not the world's craziest cat person, there are more out there, way crazier than me...We went skiing together, he stayed on the bunny hill, I snuck in a few runs on the top, we met for lunch. There are ways of making it work.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:08 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Really?
You accept....that's good enough for most.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:53 PM

362 posts, read 559,923 times
Quote:
I'm pretty sure I won't find that.

What I do hope to find is one that accepts it and supports me.

That's my kind of woman.

If she wants to learn, I'm better then anyone she will pay to teach her.

She won't get flustered and quit because some hardass is yelling at her and her novice mistakes. lol

Hey, that's my wife "hammerhead"..."meathead"...lol

Kick him in the nards honey...he deserves it. lol
Lol... what sport are you trying to teach her?

Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The issue is not lack of funds, because there are many things to do that are low cost. But, I remember meeting a man, who said he liked to ride bikes...great. We met for a bike ride. My idea of a bike ride, is cruising, maybe a few miles, stopping for beer. His idea of a "bike ride" was going for a fast ride, long, hard, grueling, hours...Sure, we had the same "interest" but at completely different levels. He went on his merry way, to find a triathalon competetion level bike rider.

I don't think that different interests get in the way of a relationship...but, I sure learned a lot about guns, and gun shows when I was married, same as my ex, went to cat shows, and bead shows. We did things together...we went shooting, I learned how to shoot, he learned that I was not the world's craziest cat person, there are more out there, way crazier than me...We went skiing together, he stayed on the bunny hill, I snuck in a few runs on the top, we met for lunch. There are ways of making it work.
Next time you go on a date with a guy like that, suggest a tandem bike, it's easier to keep up that way

Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
Having common ground in preferred leisure activities, hobbies, is great. Having tastes overall that aren't wildly dissimilar can be an important indicator of compatibility.

Doesn't mean that we must like ALL THE SAME THINGS, by any means. But if we're just always going to be going our own way on leisure pursuits, what's the point? I want somebody I where we can have fun together, and find the same things interesting a good portion of the time. I could never be with somebody who is all about, say golf, and insistent that any and all free time be spend golfing. Reason being, I don't golf. I have no interest in golfing. It's not something I will ever be a part of, so why would I gladly watch my SO spend every free moment doing something that won't ever involve me. I'm fine with an S.O. who goes and golfs occasionally. But I'm probably not compatible with someone whose major focus points don't have any element of mutuality.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 PM

664 posts, read 1,036,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLgirl727 View Post
Lol... what sport are you trying to teach her?
How to stay alive and WIN at all costs. To unleash a "inner strength" that you have perfected and can totally anialate, dominate and control any situtation with a hellish like fury.

Never surrender..............

Old 06-09-2013, 01:36 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
I forget who said this, but it's not how much the lovers love one another, but how much they love what they love together.

The whole purpose of a relationship, in my opinion, is to share your life with someone. If you don't have any interests in common, then what are you sharing? Bed and bodies?

Don't get me wrong: I don't think it necessary to be copies of one another, and I do think it healthy that each partner have one or two interests that are his or her own. But having common interests enriches both the relationship and the couple's enjoyment of the interest itself. It's really about bonding and quality time.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:49 PM

Quote:
How to stay alive and WIN at all costs. To unleash a "inner strength" that you have perfected and can totally anialate, dominate and control any situtation with a hellish like fury.

Never surrender..............

MMA fighter?
Militia?
"Survivor" contestant?

20 years ago, you would've been the kind of guy that did it for me. Getting old sucks....

Old 06-09-2013, 01:51 PM

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
I forget who said this, but it's not how much the lovers love one another, but how much they love what they love together.

The whole purpose of a relationship, in my opinion, is to share your life with someone. If you don't have any interests in common, then what are you sharing? Bed and bodies?

Don't get me wrong: I don't think it necessary to be copies of one another, and I do think it healthy that each partner have one or two interests that are his or her own. But having common interests enriches both the relationship and the couple's enjoyment of the interest itself. It's really about bonding and quality time.
I agree. The OP's question doesn't make sense to me. If you have nothing in common with someone, how are you going to build a relationship? Sex and attraction aren't enough for a stable long-term relationship. That doesn't mean you have to have EVERYTHING in common, but you do have to have some common ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships