Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 05:43 PM

135 posts, read 137,088 times

Advertisements

I feel like I have nothing to offer to women. I have a job, my own place, a few hobbies, and a kind heart, but other than that I think have nothing to offer to women. My humor kind of sucks, and the stuff I want to talk about do not sound interesting. I get nervous when trying to make small talk (which isn't very well-received, all I get are one word answer or a short reply like they are not interested) and I can't get the guts to ask them if I can get to know them better. I put up a profile on a free dating website but I've gotten no replies and there aren't many women there my age without children in my area. I am short and about 30 pounds overweight. I've started going to the gym and watching my diet recently hoping I'd look more attractive, but I am a long way from that. I tend to go for women in similar shape to me, but I can't attract those either.

I want to start a family, but apparently I seem to get more and more worthless as a mate to women as time goes along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 05:54 PM

4,338 posts, read 7,488,905 times
How do you look like? Age? Height?
Long path to fit but you are on the right path. Being healthy is a hobby not a chore.
Work on your humor. I learned my humor from Al Bundy.
Change your attitude. If you think you got nothing to offer than you are right.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,322,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyGuy View Post
I feel like I have nothing to offer to women. I have a job, my own place, a few hobbies, and a kind heart, but other than that I think have nothing to offer to women. My humor kind of sucks, and the stuff I want to talk about do not sound interesting. I get nervous when trying to make small talk (which isn't very well-received, all I get are one word answer or a short reply like they are not interested) and I can't get the guts to ask them if I can get to know them better. I put up a profile on a free dating website but I've gotten no replies and there aren't many women there my age without children in my area. I am short and about 30 pounds overweight. I've started going to the gym and watching my diet recently hoping I'd look more attractive, but I am a long way from that. I tend to go for women in similar shape to me, but I can't attract those either.

I want to start a family, but apparently I seem to get more and more worthless as a mate to women as time goes along.
If you really believe you have nothing to offer a woman, then all women you meet will pick up on that vibe and treat you accordingly.

Quit being your own worst enemy. If you can't love/like yourself than you won't find others able to either.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
If you really believe you have nothing to offer a woman, then all women you meet will pick up on that vibe and treat you accordingly.

Quit being your own worst enemy. If you can't love/like yourself than you won't find others able to either.
That is true in business too. If you can't sell your product than change.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:00 PM

135 posts, read 137,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Info Guy View Post
How do you look like? Age? Height?
Long path to fit but you are on the right path. Being healthy is a hobby not a chore.
Work on your humor. I learned my humor from Al Bundy.
Change your attitude. If you think you got nothing to offer than you are right.
I am 32, 178 lbs at 5'7.

I always struggled with humor, and don't know how to learn it. I don't know, I just can't make people laugh. I am generally a content guy, but the reality of being lonely is sinking in. My friends are all married now and we no longer get together so that doesn't help either.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,679,190 times
Quote:
I am 32, 178 lbs at 5'7.

I always struggled with humor, and don't know how to learn it. I don't know, I just can't make people laugh. I am generally a content guy, but the reality of being lonely is sinking in. My friends are all married now and we no longer get together so that doesn't help either.
Join social groups. Google your town. And scope out what interest you. Meet people.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,777,942 times
Switch conversation from Night Elves to something they remember from their childhood.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:07 PM

Quote:
I am 32, 178 lbs at 5'7.

Dude. 5'7" is at the low end of tall men. You are OK. Just get ripped you will do fine. At least are you are not 5'4" like other guys. I am 35, 5'8.5" 160 lbs, six pack and ripped. Your goal should be 150 lbs. This should be easy.

I can naturally make them laugh. Act like you are not alone.
What other's life situation has nothing to do with you.
You can't make some like you or want to hang out with you.
Either they are with you or you are moving on with new friends.
It is a number's game.
You want to be a Alpha Male, a leader. You want people to kiss your a**!

Old 06-09-2013, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Join social groups. Google your town. And scope out what interest you. Meet people.
Meetup website is cool.

Old 06-09-2013, 06:09 PM

1,850 posts, read 3,003,246 times
beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

On one side, the girl may think I am hot stuff, the girl on the other side may think I look like a troll.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships