Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 07:22 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,981,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I'm 26, no children, and can afford to travel. There are people out there.
You are not typical mam. Most people can't routinely drop 3k for ten days for a lil fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 07:55 AM

5,987 posts, read 10,437,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Travel is fun and even better when shared with someone. I'd like to meet a girl that does not have children and can afford to travel.

It seems to be tougher as I get older( I'm 39y/o)

I am not looking for advice. I was wondering if it's hard for some of you to meet people as you get older?
It will get much easier in your 40's and 50's. It seems that many online profiles of women in that age bracket can afford to travel, love to do so, and their children - if any - are grown.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:14 AM

13,580 posts, read 9,606,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoistDude View Post
It will get much easier in your 40's and 50's. It seems that many online profiles of women in that age bracket can afford to travel, love to do so, and their children - if any - are grown.

In my area, most of the women 40+ whose children are grown are on the verge (if not already) of becoming grandmothers. I mean this in a maximally polite and generous way. Such women have had difficult lives as single-moms, and are in no position to afford extravagant leisure.

For the OP, perhaps there is a travel-oriented meetup.com group? One hopes that some people in that group would be single and female.

Old 06-10-2013, 09:24 AM

32,517 posts, read 47,553,130 times
Is OP looking for a woman who will pay his way? I suggest he start looking in the 60 year old age group and learn ballroom dancing.

No sane woman is going to take off on a vacation with a man she just meet and doesn't know well.

If OP just wants to travel with both parties paying their own way, I suggest that he start signing up for some nice cruises and do his hunting there. Everybody on the boat travels and can afford to travel, and there are classes and activities that give a good legitimate excuse for striking up a conversation

Old 06-10-2013, 12:13 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,802,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Is OP looking for a woman who will pay his way? I suggest he start looking in the 60 year old age group and learn ballroom dancing.

No sane woman is going to take off on a vacation with a man she just meet and doesn't know well.

If OP just wants to travel with both parties paying their own way, I suggest that he start signing up for some nice cruises and do his hunting there. Everybody on the boat travels and can afford to travel, and there are classes and activities that give a good legitimate excuse for striking up a conversation
Well, there are adventure tourism groups. Like GAP adventures. They typically have more women than men. I have a guy friend and that's where he usually picks up new girlfriends. Going with a tour group to South America or Asia. Not a cheap way to pick up girls but guaranteed way to spend some time around them.

Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,732,542 times
I'll go with ya hun. JK, you're too young.

But here is some advice. If you don't mind traveling by yourself at first, just go, book a trip by yourself and have fun. You'll probably meet someone nice on the road. Another thing you can do is to sign onto a forum that is all about the kind of travel you like to do. I was on bootsnall.com for awhile and it seems there are nice people on there who are crazy about travel and will also be looking for travel partners. CD is great but a little general for what you're trying to do.

Old 08-06-2013, 07:34 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,416,122 times
I have money, but I'm not a gal, is that OK?

Old 08-06-2013, 10:32 PM

102,081 posts, read 107,088,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
You are not typical mam. Most people can't routinely drop 3k for ten days for a lil fun.
It doesn't have to be 3K. There are many ways to travel. Get a discount airfare, and stay in hostels for a few dollars/night. Buy groceries for your meals. Travel can be affordable. I don't know who would agree to travel with a complete stranger, though.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:39 PM

727 posts, read 1,528,623 times
That's all my sperm donor and stepmom do is travel. They got married in their 40's and decided not to have kids. He's an engineer and she's an attorney, so they have the means.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:43 PM

1,565 posts, read 2,443,751 times
get a better job, and pay her way, or you won't be getting a cute girl.....................free advice lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships