Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 04:53 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,229,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
Why do people do that? I got fed up with FB. And part of it was people swearing up and down that they were leaving. I haven't been on there in about a year and a half. I'm not a consistent poster and when I disappear for a few months, people over react. "Are you sick?" "Is something wrong?" "Are you pregnant?" "Did SO get laid off?" Whoa! So I got a little lazy and posted a lot for a few weeks while things were quiet. Doesn't mean I can keep that up.
I have a fb but I seldom post anything on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 05:07 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I have a fb but I seldom post anything on it.
There isn't much point. People pick apart whatever you post and if you don't update pics, rumours start that you're the size of a whale.

It was so much better when it was only people I went to college with.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Origin of Symmetry View Post
I can't believe you could care less about what other people think about your looks. Your husband cannot be the only one whose opinion matters.
Well...it's true. I really don't care what some random person thinks of my looks...that pretty much goes for my husband too. He either likes the way I look or he doesn't, but I'm not changing if he doesn't.
He expresses his distaste for some of the things I wear or the way I do my hair. I just don't give a crap...I do things to please myself, not others. If he likes what he sees and compliments me of course it's nice to hear. It's pretty rare though so it's not expected.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:39 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
The OP's question reminds me of guys who get angry when women don't respond to their flirting. What's up with that? Is it vanity, or is there something else to it?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:31 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmw36 View Post
This is actually also why I feel bad for extremely, extremely tall people. I NEVER ask how tall they are, or even gawk, because do you know how many freaking times a day they get that?

I also think of myself as an attractive woman with a nice body, and I never, ever dress revealing and don't wear makeup often. I hate the attention that I get sometimes.
Oh goodness... I had a friend who was 7'1 and I'm 6'1 but wear heels fairly often and we couldn't go ANYWHERE without people commenting on us or taking pictures of us. It got a little irritating but we were verging on being carnival sideshow acts so we just went with it.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times
Quote:
There are some women who look stunning. They have excellent bodies, clothes, styles. Their past experience tells them most men like them and pay them a lot of attention. However, if you sort of ignore that woman treating her like everyone else completely ignoring her beauty she takes offense in a way as she expects that you are going to admire her.

This was my experience.

Here is a question to men. Have you ever encountered something like it?

Here is a question to women. Do you expect admiring peeks or gazes or maybe compliments from people you know in the neighborhood, in the office, or else if you are definitely a ten? What do you think of people you’d like to have a romantic relationship with that ignore your beauty?

I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy it hurts, and my symmetrical beauty cannot simply be ignored so the situation you mention is implausible.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:53 PM

523 posts, read 840,374 times
Quote:
There are some women who look stunning. They have excellent bodies, clothes, styles. Their past experience tells them most men like them and pay them a lot of attention. However, if you sort of ignore that woman treating her like everyone else completely ignoring her beauty she takes offense in a way as she expects that you are going to admire her.

This was my experience.

Here is a question to women. Do you expect admiring peeks or gazes or maybe compliments from people you know in the neighborhood, in the office, or else if you are definitely a ten? What do you think of people you’d like to have a romantic relationship with that ignore your beauty?
I think the experience you talk about would happen more with a woman that is average-attractive. I got a lot of attention when I was younger and you just feel harassed all the time, not complimented. You are happy when a guy treats you like a normal person.

Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 PM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:

This was my experience.

I've known women who won beauty contests, and they just want to be treated like regular people. They just want to blend in.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:55 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Oh goodness... I had a friend who was 7'1 and I'm 6'1 but wear heels fairly often and we couldn't go ANYWHERE without people commenting on us or taking pictures of us. It got a little irritating but we were verging on being carnival sideshow acts so we just went with it.
I can imagine it gets quite annoying. I'm sure some enjoy the attention, but I would hate it always being brought up!

I have often expressed disappointment in my friends for doing this out in public. I can see making a comment (between friends), but staring and pointing is just rude...

Old 06-11-2013, 11:23 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,194,450 times
I have a better question: is somebody telling you that you are NOT a 10? What gives him the nerve to do so? Why doesn't he know how g_damn beautiful you are, and how happy you make him feel? If he's not giving you the love and affection that you deserve, who will? Me, that's who! PM me.....rarrrr!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships