Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 04:11 PM

428 posts, read 445,673 times

Advertisements

Women dump men because of their job, hobbies, skills and past. They don't even have a good reason really. It's the mans job to accept it and keep quiet about it. You'll be ok too I'm sure.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 04:16 PM

878 posts, read 942,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcina View Post
Hi.

I've reached the lowest point of my life, at least regarding relationships.
My boyfriend of one year has left me last week and I wasn't even expecting it.
I always thought our relationship was very serious, I've met all of his family and friends, we moved in
together more than 6 months ago and sometimes we were even talking about the future.
I loved this man how I never loved anyone before. I'm 25 by the way.

He broke up with me saying probably the worst thing you can say. He said he realized that he never really loved me, that whern he met me he was so impressed of my good looks that he thought he would love me til the end of time. Yes, I'm a very goodlooking woman. I'm not saying that in an arrogant narzist way, it's just a fact. Men love me because I look very good. Unfortunately I often met men who only used me for my looks but didn't really want me in the end.

I'm not easy to get in bed, its not that. I fell in love with my now ex and we had sex much later. Our relationship was wonderful, I never cheated or anything, so he wouldn't have any reason to lie and say he never loved me, to hurt me. He said it in a quiet tone, said that he first thought it's just parts of my character he doesn't like. But that he realized then that those parts would never have bothered him if he really loved me and wanted to be with me. He said he was dazzled by my looks and that he should have realized it earlier.

This hurts so so much. I often had problems finding men who are serious about me. As I said, I'm not naive and sleep with men in the first few dates, but they seem to see me as a trophy, to play with me and throw me away. And with this man I thought I've found the man of my dreams because we lived together, I met his family and we made future plans. Now I just feel like a dirty little piece of **** and think that nobody will ever love me.

Has anyone made similar experiences? What do you think of my situation?
I've had similar experience for what I believe to be awful reasons as well. I was thrown over for a person who didn't even exist, yet. Can you imagine being thrown over for a person who doesn't exist?

I am very sorry for your loss, but at your age, I can promise you, in a couple years, you will look back at this and think "whew, did I *ever* dodge a bullet." In general, people suck and you'll go through MANY losers before you find the person who really resonate with you.

I don't know your taste in men, nor am in interested in it beyond suggesting you think outside the box. Your mate need not be tall, dark, handsome or rich. Look beneath the surface. If you get the impression someone is into your looks and nothing more, move on without a word. Please believe me, the people who deserve you may not be the people you would typically be attracted to.

Again, for emphasis, think outside the box.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,450 times
Not sure if you still read this but I'm going through the same thing. Although its been over a year and I'm still hurting. I think I'm finally starting to see the light though. I have more background than you I think. You are right. It does not feel good. First time I loved someone unconditionally.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,112 times
I am in the exact same situation as you, but after careful analysis, I've concluded that good men are terrified of beauties. Douchebags are bold enough to ask beauties out. Because gorgeous women are feared and avoided, we end up settling on anyone that approaches us really. Maybe learn to approach your men, rather than waiting for some bold tool to approach you. This is my problem at least.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:44 AM

761 posts, read 832,966 times
Consider yourself lucky.
My wife told me the same thing.
Married 31 years.
But going separate ways now.

Old 06-25-2015, 11:55 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaneliza3 View Post
I am in the exact same situation as you, but after careful analysis, I've concluded that good men are terrified of beauties. Douchebags are bold enough to ask beauties out. Because gorgeous women are feared and avoided, we end up settling on anyone that approaches us really. Maybe learn to approach your men, rather than waiting for some bold tool to approach you. This is my problem at least.
I think there's a lot to what you say, and that's sad. On the other hand, being proactive and approaching men, being friendly and chatty, can definitely work in your favor. Some women have to learn that to get what you want, you have to look beyond what falls in your lap, and make some effort, yourself.

Old 06-25-2015, 12:27 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
I always thought our relationship was very serious, I've met all of his family and friends, we moved in
together more than 6 months ago and sometimes we were even talking about the future.
Old thread and OP hasn't been here in two years, but let it stand as a horrible warning not to move in together so fast. They were only dating for four months or so when they shacked up. That's not long enough to make such a decision, especially at that age.

Good grief.

Old 06-25-2015, 04:29 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,244,230 times
I was married for 10 years, been divorced for 15, and still get pathetic emails from my ex telling me he still loves me, even on his engagement to my old school friend.

Which would you prefer?

Old 06-25-2015, 10:07 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:

Thank you guys. In this moment I feel so worthless, feel like I don't deserve it to be loved and that nobody will ever see more in my than a trophy or a toy.
You are not worthless.

You are precious.

A lucky guy will find you and cherish you not only for your great beauty but for your intelligence, personality, kindness and your soul.

Many off us have had a bad experience in the romance department. It contributes to our education ... we learn from these unfortunate experiences.

Hang in there.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:38 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,544,925 times
Quote:
Hi.

I've reached the lowest point of my life, at least regarding relationships.

He broke up with me saying probably the worst thing you can say. He said he realized that he never really loved me, that whern he met me he was so impressed of my good looks that he thought he would love me til the end of time. Yes, I'm a very goodlooking woman. I'm not saying that in an arrogant narzist way, it's just a fact. Men love me because I look very good. Unfortunately I often met men who only used me for my looks but didn't really want me in the end.

I'm not easy to get in bed, its not that. I fell in love with my now ex and we had sex much later. Our relationship was wonderful, I never cheated or anything, so he wouldn't have any reason to lie and say he never loved me, to hurt me. He said it in a quiet tone, said that he first thought it's just parts of my character he doesn't like. But that he realized then that those parts would never have bothered him if he really loved me and wanted to be with me. He said he was dazzled by my looks and that he should have realized it earlier.

This hurts so so much. I often had problems finding men who are serious about me. As I said, I'm not naive and sleep with men in the first few dates, but they seem to see me as a trophy, to play with me and throw me away. And with this man I thought I've found the man of my dreams because we lived together, I met his family and we made future plans. Now I just feel like a dirty little piece of **** and think that nobody will ever love me.

Has anyone made similar experiences? What do you think of my situation?

Well you need to take your own advice and wait longer before moving in with a guy. I think he was in love with you and your looks. And maybe later realized you weren't really compatible. But the whole I didn't love you is just a way to hurt you and be a vindictive douchebag ahole. See really the thing is that he feels guilty, but by blaming you and justifying it by saying he didn't love you lets him sleep with a little less guilt. If you're as good looking as you say I doubt you'll have issues meeting guys. This guy was a jerk dud. Screw him.
Go look in the mirror and say I don't need him. Because you really don't need him or his bs drama.

Even if you were the original Ice Queen he could simply say hey it's just not working out as I thought. I think we need to separate. But he went with the I'm gonna say something mean and hurtful to ease the guilt

I think you simply need to be your own person, live for yourself and don't jump in so quick to play house. Date for at least a year before discussing moving in together. Good luck. The right person will come along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships