Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:53 AM

11 posts, read 81,230 times

Advertisements

Hi.

I've reached the lowest point of my life, at least regarding relationships.
My boyfriend of one year has left me last week and I wasn't even expecting it.
I always thought our relationship was very serious, I've met all of his family and friends, we moved in
together more than 6 months ago and sometimes we were even talking about the future.
I loved this man how I never loved anyone before. I'm 25 by the way.

He broke up with me saying probably the worst thing you can say. He said he realized that he never really loved me, that whern he met me he was so impressed of my good looks that he thought he would love me til the end of time. Yes, I'm a very goodlooking woman. I'm not saying that in an arrogant narzist way, it's just a fact. Men love me because I look very good. Unfortunately I often met men who only used me for my looks but didn't really want me in the end.

I'm not easy to get in bed, its not that. I fell in love with my now ex and we had sex much later. Our relationship was wonderful, I never cheated or anything, so he wouldn't have any reason to lie and say he never loved me, to hurt me. He said it in a quiet tone, said that he first thought it's just parts of my character he doesn't like. But that he realized then that those parts would never have bothered him if he really loved me and wanted to be with me. He said he was dazzled by my looks and that he should have realized it earlier.

This hurts so so much. I often had problems finding men who are serious about me. As I said, I'm not naive and sleep with men in the first few dates, but they seem to see me as a trophy, to play with me and throw me away. And with this man I thought I've found the man of my dreams because we lived together, I met his family and we made future plans. Now I just feel like a dirty little piece of **** and think that nobody will ever love me.

Has anyone made similar experiences? What do you think of my situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM

39,217 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barcina View Post
Hi.

I always thought our relationship was very serious, I've met all of his family and friends, we moved in
together more than 6 months ago and sometimes we were even talking about the future.

He broke up with me saying probably the worst thing you can say. He said he realized that he never really loved me, that whern he met me he was so impressed of my good looks that he thought he would love me til the end of time. Yes, I'm a very goodlooking woman. I'm not saying that in an arrogant narzist way, it's just a fact. Men love me because I look very good. Unfortunately I often met men who only used me for my looks but didn't really want me in the end.

I'm not easy to get in bed, its not that. I fell in love with my now ex and we had sex much later. Our relationship was wonderful, I never cheated or anything, so he wouldn't have any reason to lie and say he never loved me, to hurt me. He said it in a quiet tone, said that he first thought it's just parts of my character he doesn't like. But that he realized then that those parts would never have bothered him if he really loved me and wanted to be with me. He said he was dazzled by my looks and that he should have realized it earlier.

This hurts so so much. I often had problems finding men who are serious about me. As I said, I'm not naive and sleep with men in the first few dates, but they seem to see me as a trophy, to play with me and throw me away. And with this man I thought I've found the man of my dreams because we lived together, I met his family and we made future plans. Now I just feel like a dirty little piece of **** and think that nobody will ever love me.

Oh, this sucks!!

He is such a confused little J*rk. You are better off without him.
If he never truly loved you, why did he stay in a relationship with you?!

Forget about him, you should be glad that he left you. You deserve way better!

Old 06-11-2013, 08:56 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
I think you need to understand completely that physical beauty does NOT MAKE THE ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP, then move on.

Quit moving in together so soon after you start a relationship, 6 months is NOT enough time to know if you are going to stay together. Keep separate homes until you actually get married.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:58 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,845,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I think you need to understand completely that physical beauty does NOT MAKE THE ENTIRE RELATIONSHIP, then move on.

Quit moving in together so soon after you start a relationship, 6 months is NOT enough time to know if you are going to stay together. Keep separate homes until you actually get married.
Or keep everything in your name. So when things fall apart you can kick him out.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM

Thank you guys. In this moment I feel so worthless, feel like I don't deserve it to be loved and that nobody will ever see more in my than a trophy or a toy.

I also always said I wanna know a guy at least a year before moving in together- But with him everything felt so right. I think I was never so wrong.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:02 AM

39,217 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Thank you guys. In this moment I feel so worthless, feel like I don't deserve it to be loved and that nobody will ever see more in my than a trophy or a toy.

I also always said I wanna know a guy at least a year before moving in together- But with him everything felt so right. I think I was never so wrong.
It is not your fault. Some of us have to have the experiences in order to learn. You are learning and you will be wiser next time.

Good luck to you!

Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
You do realize he said he never lovde you just because he wanted to hurt you, right? Even if he didn't ever love you, this is a him thing, not a you thing. Assuming he didn't love you, then he's a liar and a jerk who led you on for basically one reason -- sex. Not worth the time you spent on him. I know it will hurt because you did invest a year on him, but atleast he showed his true colors before there was a future between you two.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:10 AM

I'm not sure if he just wanted to hurt me with that.
As I said, I never cheated on him and I never really hurt him, so actually he doesn't have any reason
for revenge or to hurt me. Although he might enjoy this, who knows.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,299,877 times
Appreciate what you've learned and recognize the mistakes/wrong men/red flags to avoid in the future.

It hurts now. Time will fix that and you'll only be smarter from the experience.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM

523 posts, read 840,053 times
Quote:
Hi.

The bolded part is what stood out to me in your post. I wonder if it's the type of men you choose? or there is more to the story. What part of your character doesn't he like?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships