Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2013, 09:52 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,544,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Here we go again.

Look... I just massacred someone in another thread of this type of subject (which is now closed).

I'll say this. There really is no need to be mean. Are you sure you actually were a prick, or were you just more assertive? At the same time, these type of women that love being treated like crap have issues.
Got any more Disney clips we'd all enjoy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2013, 09:56 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,544,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I love how so many guys (and women) on here cannot comprehend the difference between not being a doormat and being a jerk.

There is no fine line, no secret... it's all pretty damn clear.
Yes. Good point.

People throw the term "jerk" around (inappropriately) as a catch all for any guy who doesn't put up with a ton of garbage from women just because they're women. You can still be polite and tactful in this.

Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,084,888 times
You still have to look at yourself every morning in the mirror. For myself I would rather look at a decent guy that is smiling back at me, than a guy I have no respect for, who only cares for himself. I have never been sorry I treated the women I dated well, but I think I would feel much differently if I wouldn't have treated them well. I know guys that treat their women poorly, they are not friends, they're just fools...

Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 PM

15,083 posts, read 20,392,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
When I was younger in my 20's & early 30's I was a HUGE prick towards women in general. The sad thing is women loved it. I've talked about this before a while back & while I'm temped to become that guy again after my last few experiences I don't want to lose my friends over it. So how do I find that fine line between being a prick & not losing my friends?
If it is a sad thing then why go back to being that way?

[]

Old 06-19-2013, 04:14 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,384,380 times
To the OP: you're worried you'll lose your friends if you act like a genuinely nice person?

Maybe your friends aren't doing you any favors. Hmmm...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships