Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:56 AM

663 posts, read 778,125 times

Advertisements

I like to think I have my life in order.
-No debt
-Decent savings nest (more than enough for a downpayment in a house)
-Graduated with bachelors degree
-Ok job that has room for advancement (IT sector)
-Workouts 3 days a week
-I don't waste money but I will spend if necessary
-Medium height (5"10)
-Socialize on weekends with a group of guys and some of their girlfriends (most guys single as well lol)

Are most of you guys like this as well?

Anyways, if I am still single at age 28, I will re-evaluate what I am doing wrong....perhaps socialize more and join more groups outside of my circle.

I guess it's harder to join a circle as you get older...

Old 06-12-2013, 09:58 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
-No debt
-Workouts 3 days a week
-Medium height (5"10)

Anyways, if I am still single at age 28, I will re-evaluate what I am doing wrong....perhaps socialize more and join more groups.
Ur probably just being smart and living your own life without being desperate. If you wanna get a girl you gotta hit on them and approach them, I'm sure you'd be fine

Don't get wrapped up in their game though

Old 06-12-2013, 10:00 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,301,769 times
Try being a woman that age with your sh*t together...idk why, but men don't seem to appreciate it.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,605,427 times
Oddly enough, having your life in order is not all that important to attracting young, attractive women. In factt in your age bracket, youd have much more luck if you were a deadbeat or a criminal. Sad but true. Dont worry, by the time you hit 35, same women will be back oaround and will gladly settle deown with a guy like you. Your steady paycheck wont seem quite as "boring" at that point.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:06 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
-No debt
-Workouts 3 days a week
-Medium height (5"10)
-Socialize on weekends with a group of guys and some of their girlfriends (most guys single as well lol)

Anyways, if I am still single at age 28, I will re-evaluate what I am doing wrong....perhaps socialize more and join more groups outside of my circle.

I'd say assert yourself and let a woman know that you are interested in her.

For me, the only thing holding me back is that I am not at the right stage of life. There are interested women for me.

minimum debt
No savings
No Degree
Work for myself, but have a great potential to earn a fortune
workout 3 days a week
Try not to waste money
Tall (6'+or-)
Socialize whenever. My social life is surprisingly lively for a bum.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
Oddly enough, having your life in order is not all that important to attracting young, attractive women. In factt in your age bracket, youd have much more luck if you were a deadbeat or a criminal. Sad but true. Dont worry, by the time you hit 35, same women will be back oaround and will gladly settle deown with a guy like you. Your steady paycheck wont seem quite as "boring" at that point.
My experience seems to agree with you...

...but it is important to me to have my s--- together. Okay, maybe when I start climbing I'll hook up with some ladies.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:23 AM

626 posts, read 903,182 times
Quote:
-No debt
-Workouts 3 days a week
-Medium height (5"10)

That's all good (fantastic) but when you meet someone (man or woman), that's not the first thing they see...and I hope that's not the first thing you say. All the best.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 AM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
Yes my brother.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:27 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times

Old 06-12-2013, 11:28 AM

6,732 posts, read 9,995,568 times
Having a lot of debt, or not being able to support or being severely out of shape yourself are definitely drawbacks when dating. But the absence of a negative is not a positive -- it's just neutral.

That's what having your life together is. It's the absence of an impediment to dating, but it doesn't make women positively interested.

What makes women actually interested is basically the opposite of everything PUA sites tell you. Egalitarianism, treating people with kindness and compassion and respect -- even people you are not attractive to. Not playing bullsh*t games to try to be 'alpha' or 'dominate' other men or women. Being honest, and genuine, and friendly. Learning how to really connect with people in conversation, beyond the surface. Being honestly interested in her life and how she feels about stuff. Talking about how you feel about stuff. Connecting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships