Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,816 times

Advertisements

Game works. Projecting confidence, charm, and a sense of humor all while refusing to bend to a woman's will just because she is attractive creates attraction. This is simple human social interaction. All game teaches men who were previously socially awkward is how to develop and use these attractive social qualities. Men who internalize "game" that are already attractive or socially strong can really see the results of their interactions.

Yes there are underhanded parts of game that silly PUAs employ, such as subtly disapproving of a woman so she feels the need to qualify herself (negs), creating jealousy, etc, but these things tend to work as well. (Here comes the "ONLY ON INSECURE AND STUPID GIRLS, NOT WOMEN!" proclomations)

But here you will find the hoardes of game deniers, men and women alike. I find it comical. Yes, of course most feminist will vehemently deny that "game" works. Most women would. But think about the last few men you've been with. How did they act? Do you actually read up on "game," further than a top level glance at a "PUA" search on google?

The men that deny game sadden me. Oh, you didn't need game to land your wife? I wouldn't need game to marry a 6 level land beast either.

The point of discussion I'm tyring to make here, is outside of the silly notion of "PUA" that you have in your mind, is that "game" is actually portraying the most attractive qualities in men. Confidence, wit, charm, and a sense of humor. And it works.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 AM

1,450 posts, read 1,899,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy1316 View Post
Game works. Projecting confidence, charm, and a sense of humor all while refusing to bend to a woman's will just because she is attractive creates attraction. This is simple human social interaction. All game teaches men who were previously socially awkward is how to develop and use these attractive social qualities. Men who internalize "game" that are already attractive or socially strong can really see the results of their interactions.

Yes there are underhanded parts of game that silly PUAs employ, such as subtly disapproving of a woman so she feels the need to qualify herself (negs), creating jealousy, etc, but these things tend to work as well. (Here comes the "ONLY ON INSECURE AND STUPID GIRLS, NOT WOMEN!" proclomations)

But here you will find the hoardes of game deniers, men and women alike. I find it comical. Yes, of course most feminist will vehemently deny that "game" works. Most women would. But think about the last few men you've been with. How did they act? Do you actually read up on "game," further than a top level glance at a "PUA" search on google?

The men that deny game sadden me. Oh, you didn't need game to land your wife? I wouldn't need game to marry a 6 level land beast either.

The point of discussion I'm tyring to make here, is outside of the silly notion of "PUA" that you have in your mind, is that "game" is actually portraying the most attractive qualities in men. Confidence, wit, charm, and a sense of humor. And it works.

Huh. There was a poster here that showed a video of an example of PUA/game that was the most ludicrous thing I'd ever seen. It certainly wasn't charming. So if we have silly notions of PUA, it is because we have yet to be shown a good example.

I won't deny that there are some qualities that might make a man more successful in the dating world. The guys that make a living selling game or PUA, seem to be really be preying on insecure men, more than helping them.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:58 AM

2,472 posts, read 4,216,325 times
Interaction with the opposite sex shouldn't be a game. I've never treated it as such and I've done fine.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:59 AM

3,763 posts, read 6,715,546 times
Quote:

Ok, are you making a statement or trying to start a discussion?

Old 06-19-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slanderous View Post
Interaction with the opposite sex shouldn't be a game. I've never treated it as such and I've done fine.
Congrats. "Game" is just the common name for the successful guidelines for intersexual social interaction. No it's not a game, but you can learn to change the way you act in social interaction to get better outcomes.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Ok, are you making a statement or trying to start a discussion?
Both. I'm interested in why people so vehemently deny that "game" works, but when an attractive woman describes the last few men she'd been with, or her current boyfriend and how they started dating, the charactiritics and interaction she'll describe fall eerily in line with game.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:04 AM

102,234 posts, read 108,040,687 times
I've seen men try to create jealousy between women, and it never works. Most women can see through manipulative cr@p like that. It's a turn-off. Maybe it doesn't matter, if you're only after stupid or petty women. Just don't come crying to us that all the women you end up with are airheads or "gold-diggers", or whatever, though.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM

523 posts, read 840,738 times
Give an example of the "game" you are talking about.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've seen men try to create jealousy between women, and it never works. Most women can see through manipulative cr@p like that. It's a turn-off. Maybe it doesn't matter, if you're only after stupid or petty women. Just don't come crying to us that all the women you end up with are airheads or "gold-diggers", or whatever, though.
"Never works." You must have a very limited social cirlce.

As I said, that is an underhanded part of game, but women almost universally respond to jealousy. To deny that is to deny the female condition.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,778,604 times
Quote:

Some people prefer to play childish games in an attempt to meet someone, others just do the things necessary to attract potential partners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships