Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 03:56 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,580,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringPrizes View Post
I can't take you seriously anymore.
Okay.

Quote:
The guy making $170k/yr, all other things equal, has a lot more dating options than the guy making $45k/yr.
All things equal, I agree. All things are rarely equal, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM

217 posts, read 306,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
I agree. That's exactly the type of guy I'm talking about.
I must've missed something, because I thought you said that a guy who focuses on his income and physical attractiveness, at least in part because he wants to attract women, is seen as desperate. The first thing I'd ask is how you know whether a guy who seems motivated to make a lot of money is doing it just because he thinks it'll attract women, or because he's a greedy bastard who has an addiction to making more money than other people, or because he likes to blow money on his hobbies and trips around the world, or if it's a combination of those.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I must've missed something,
Perhaps. That happens when you can't take someone seriously anymore.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
All things equal, I agree. All things are rarely equal, though.
I knew you were gonna say "all things are rarely equal," as if that proves anything.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,853,953 times
Quote:
I must've missed something, because I thought you said that a guy who focuses on his income and physical attractiveness, at least in part because he wants to attract women, is seen as desperate. The first thing I'd ask is how you know whether a guy who seems motivated to make a lot of money is doing it just because he thinks it'll attract women, or because he's a greedy bastard who has an addiction to making more money than other people, or because he likes to blow money on his hobbies and trips around the world, or if it's a combination of those.
Quote:
I knew you were gonna say "all things are rarely equal," as if that proves anything.
WTH??? I thought you just told us in the other thread that you have it all figured out: be a misogynist. Now you're jumping all over people for point specifics...what is going on here???

People give you answers to your questions and you jump all over them with "Oh YEAH? Well then what about THIS?" bombs left, right and center...if you have it all figured out, why ask in the first place? You're right and we're all wrong, shouldn't it all be that simple?

Of course, it couldn't possibly be that your attitude really is what's keeping women as far away from you as they can possibly get.

Sigh. I don't think anybody here can help you.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
I'm not attempting to prove anything.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:07 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,853,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
... Can't say for sure.

Some men are going to have it tougher when it comes to dating than others. There's just too many factors to consider
This. There is so much more than "one simple mystical formula" or something that will attract women to a man.

But then again, you have to see women as whole, intelligent people in order to investigate something like that, and I can see that this might be extremely uncomfortable, if not impossible, for men who do think there's really that one formula out there, and other men are just hiding it from them or something.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
WTH??? I thought you just told us in the other thread that you have it all figured out: be a misogynist.
If you actually read my other thread, you'd know that I didn't ever use the logic of

Act misogynistic -----implies-----> Be found attractive

I simply refuted the logic of

Hold misogynistic views ----implies----> women will somehow sense that you're a misogynist, and then their vaginas will no longer tingle when they you

Old 06-12-2013, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This. There is so much more than "one simple mystical formula" or something that will attract women to a man.
Exactly. GlitteringPrizes, this is all I was trying to say, as well. Take it or leave it. No skin off our backs either way.

Old 06-12-2013, 04:23 PM

Quote:
I'm not attempting to prove anything.
Good, because I doubt you know how to use propositional logic anyways.

Listen here. When you say "All things are never equal," you're trying to tell me that the fact that, with all other things being equal, a high-income guy is significantly more attractive than an average-income guy, is a trivial fact. It's not.

Let's say that a guy making $200k/yr has, on average, twice as many women willing to date him than does a guy making $35k/yr (He probably has more like 10x as many women willing to date him, but I'll use a low estimate lol). That's kinda significant, isn't it, having your dating pool double by tweaking one fact about yourself? Thus, a guy who successfully goes a pre-med route in undergrad school can expect to later have twice as many options as if he dinked around and didn't have any real career goals in undergrad school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships